Author Topic: Epic Forge: Kill points need to be fine toned  (Read 3755 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Epic Forge: Kill points need to be fine toned
on: January 15, 2020, 09:29:18 PM
So beside the few bugs that plague the game as of right now, I have just a minor complaint about the kill point system. I do enjoy everything about the new forge system, however, I think there should be assist kill points as well. I'm not one to complain about stealing people's kill, but I find it annoying that I could down an elite and than a squad mate could run up and get the finishing blow then I get rewarded nothing despite doing the work. I believe if I damaged an enemy I should get like half the original points. So normal enemy give 10 points, assist kills should give 5.

Another issue I have is another issue I've had once the monthly rewards released. Some players have began to be more kill hungry and not focusing on the objective at all, so players like me have to focus strictly on the objective just to move forward in the game. I think a solution to this problem is adding kill points to the objectives that have health like boss, Fifth Council squids, Beholders, etc.

SegaSlash

• View Profile
Re: Epic Forge: Kill points need to be fine toned
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 07:54:50 PM
This was something I was thinking but you said it better, kill assists should be a THING necessary cause if I'm not running with my teammates and doing random plays I noticed a lot of people wanna take your points from the elite you already put in wounded state, those steal kills are annoying. Normally if I see somebody beating an elite or regular soldier I let him/her have it but if the ally have problems I go assist from far by shooting but no everybody think about their teammates like that. its getting more frequent now with the players's hungriness for kill points nowdays.  By the way, I'll upload a video of best maps to farm today or tomorrow for people interested in get a lot of kill points in a mission.

CaimZheit

• View Profile
Re: Epic Forge: Kill points need to be fine toned
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 11:22:55 AM

The stupid thing about kill points is that the best way to farm them is not use them. But having a mechaninc that reward palyers for killing ads is more than welcome for me, it should be the first concern anyway. This system with many other rewards certain character over others, and for that reason I think this game assist should reward kill points. I wouldn't however necessarly reward damage to boss like entity because you would risk to have the opposite problem. Immagine having three snipers and long range in your team focusing the boss while being swarm by ads, and someone has to try to keep them alive. A change I would do is to give 20 points for engineers and looters, it isn't hard to kill them, but it is good reinforcement.

The score system is a bit shallow hovere. The best way to get a good score is to get a good team score, and do the mission fast with few death as possible. Also some parameter are a bit stupid, raiders extracted is quite arbitrary. But the biggest offender is the survival score, getting trought a survival isn't a feat unless you play a native, and in orther to get a good survival score you need a bad resistance score.

To get an high score at the end of the month you need to have an high mmr, and to get high team scores over personal score. To get kill points you need high spawns rates, and so you need an high mmr. There is no way around it and the game should tell you.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 11:31:08 AM by CaimZheit »