Author Topic: Most powerful enemy in the game is .....the turret guns in a Fistful of Sand.  (Read 5011 times)

Trickyha

• View Profile
So in a way that makes the Engineer's the most powerful enemy in the game, but at least you can homicide them. Can't even damage the turret guns tho, maybe something should be done about that.  I mean for real, why are they the only thing in the game that can attack & kill us, but we can not attack them back? Turret guns on that map are pretty much instant death, the 1st barrage wounds us so bad that even H.I.V.E. can't overheal beyond it, then as we roll or limp away to the edge of the laser light perimeter trying to get free, that damn faceless monster of a turret gun kills us dead. Then when the camera flips around to show us what killed us, I think that inanimate turret gun cracked a smirk at me.  Oh, the HORROR, the horror....I'm going back in-game right now just to shoot at inactive turret guns in a Fistful of Sand, not doing any mission objective to kill troops, the old man can go to hell, I want them turret guns!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:00:50 PM by MSE_Laura »

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Hi there, Trickyha.
I´m sorry to hear you had a bad time playing "Fist full of Sand". As you know, you can't shoot a the turrets and destroy them. What you can do is to eliminate the engineers that control them.
As a tip, Mikah is a quite useful character to switch from one place to another and forget about the turrets' fire!
Hope you find it useful to trick some of those smirking turrets :-)

lightoflife3

• View Profile
So in a way that makes the Engineer's the most powerful enemy in the game, but at least you can homicide them. Can't even damage the turret guns tho, maybe something should be done about that.  I mean for real, why are they the only thing in the game that can attack & kill us, but we can not attack them back? Turret guns on that map are pretty much instant death, the 1st barrage wounds us so bad that even H.I.V.E. can't overheal beyond it, then as we roll or limp away to the edge of the laser light perimeter trying to get free, that damn faceless monster of a turret gun kills us dead. Then when the camera flips around to show us what killed us, I think that inanimate turret gun cracked a smirk at me.  Oh, the HORROR, the horror....I'm going back in-game right now just to shoot at inactive turret guns in a Fistful of Sand, not doing any mission objective to kill troops, the old man can go to hell, I want them turret guns!
Maybe reducing either the turret's attack radius or movement speed could help in making turrets feel more fair. And if turrets become under-powered, devs could just kick the nerf down a notch, or increase the rate of engineer spawning or how fast they move
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:56:03 PM by lightoflife3 »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Maybe requiring coordination and killing the engineers is...a good thing.

Zephroze

• View Profile
The guns would still be a nuisance with a moderate nerf.

The fact that you have this MASSIVE map with 2 engineers on either side shooting turrets that cover like an eighth of the map at a time, plus snipers, means that if either of them hit you on the way to the engineers, you're guaranteed to be finished off by the other. It wouldn't be so bad if the turrets did a little bit less damage.