Author Topic: HIVE desperately need buff  (Read 4843 times)

NinMug

• View Profile
HIVE desperately need buff
on: December 12, 2019, 10:17:09 AM
I think we can all agree Hive is in very bad spot now. With recent leech nerf and because CQC is very inconsistent , buggy , ping depended mess she is become extremely weak and overall just a bad pick. So here is few ideas what can make her better and useful character.                                                     

1)Increase her base excess health(overhealth) to 500 points. Her current  amount of  excess health is not enough to be reliable tank both in high mmr PVE and PVP. With this change she will be more effective at tanking and distract enemy for longer time , giving other team members a window for attack and movement without getting punished.                                                                 

2)Increase leech to 6m at all her guns. Current leech range is too short , even with rare explorers. Its a very bad for her because leech is her main source of damage and for its high risk it have very low dmg and long time to kill , even if you go full dmg build(maelstrom and corrosive enzymes). Not to mention you cant wound elite snipers with aleph because leech range is too short , you will trigger her teleport. It also limit her defence potential because you need to get really close to charge her excess health and it require significant amount of time and risk to fully charge it. With leech range buff she will get more effective in offence and defence but it wont make her overpowered.                             

3) Increase projectile (bullet) damage on Shy and Plague. Hive have one of worst range damage in game , only Raceme have decent dmg output at range. Both Shy and Plague is semi auto rifles with slow rate of fire and require skill to be precise at longer ranges , so it would be logical and rewarding if projectile dmg will do good amount of damage with direct hits. This buff will allow Hive be more versatile in situations when she cant get close  and at bosses. Range focused characters still will outperform but Hive at least will have some chances and wont be completely defensles in range combat.

I can suggest more buff ideas but this changes are easiest to implement and wont make her overpowered.
And one more thing: Harec can deal more than 400 dmg in CQC with right build AND can annihilate everything from any range with his Ignis Fugit. But for some reason Hive get more and more nerfs.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:04:08 AM by NinMug »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: HIVE desperately need buff
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:00:26 PM
Bump! Couldn't agree more. I sometimes get bored playing the characters I usually pick and want to play the cool alien girl Hive, because of just how cool conceptually she is, but then stop myself because I remember why no one plays her anymore.

Thanks for making this post NinMug. I hope MSE makes her viable again for everyone, but mostly for you.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 09:06:00 AM
Bump! Couldn't agree more. I sometimes get bored playing the characters I usually pick and want to play the cool alien girl Hive, because of just how cool conceptually she is, but then stop myself because I remember why no one plays her anymore.

Thanks for making this post NinMug. I hope MSE makes her viable again for everyone, but mostly for you.
Thank you very much , glad im not only one who think she need buff.

SegaSlash

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 12:17:01 AM
I agree, Hive needs a buff that be viable cause she is so nerfed nobody use her. I use her sometimes to realize how nerfed she really is then I play with other characters again. Even with the right builds she feels so nerfed.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 01:40:23 PM
Hey guys!
As we mentioned in another post, we will balance some characters in the next update

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 12:08:17 AM
I'm more focused on the aspects of H.I.V.E.'s ability, I think it could be more balanced if her ability added a new mechanic to the game. One of the common characteristic among characters is that each ability has their own set of mechanics and these mechanics allow them to traverse, fight and disengage in ways that basic actions can't. Not just any character can do what each of the raider's abilities can, except maybe H.I.V.E.. Her ability is health regeneration, it's pretty straight forward and their isn't much strategy using it beyond timing. Meanwhile, abilities like Konstantine's repulsion sphere can broken down to a push effect, the catch is the repulsion sphere is an AOE that lasts a duration, continuing to push enemies away and it can be moved when firing at it's core

When you break down all abilities, they all have a simple purpose, but how they work is what makes them strategic, and for some like Ginebra, using your ability improperly can mean easily getting defeated.

To summarize, H.I.V.E.'s ability isn't versatile enough.