Author Topic: MMR Preference Option  (Read 7087 times)

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
MMR Preference Option
on: November 27, 2019, 09:19:50 AM
Can we get a choice in the options menu to select how far of an MMR difference were willing to go so I'm not paired up with someone with a super low MMR when mine is high? It makes it impossible to win.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: MMR Preference Option
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 05:27:44 PM
It'll be that way as community grows.  I think it'd restrict queue times a little too much to implement it as a feature now. 

Just don't play maps you can't carry on if you're solo queue.  (Looking at No Reservation/Short Fused)

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 08:22:57 PM
We need some detail from the devs about the algorithm of match making, though, is it done by the system automatically? Like, the system looks for ppl close to your mmr, and gradually expands the searching.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 11:51:33 AM
The algorithm considers three stats: the MMR, the distance between players and the current waiting time. First, it tries to generate the optimum match (similar MMR, close distance and low waiting time). When this is not possible, the system opens the search with an expanded threshold in a progressive way.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 01:57:57 AM
Thanks, TENKA. I appreciate your team's endless effort to make the game better.

I rather want to have distance restriction, especially when I do antag. I am in the US, and I hate to get matched with ppl in Japan, South America, and Russia because of high ping. CQC does not work, my shots do not land but theirs do, etc.
I do not worry about unbalanced compensation whichever lower MMR team gets, but I rather concern about absurd and unfair Host system with high ping. What usually happens is, I get matched with raiders in South America. So, the majority of the raiders have low ping when I have high ping.
Antagging is a challenge, but it should not be because of the network system. Currently, you do not have any other choice than p2p, then, at least let players to make a choice of the distance of matching.