Author Topic: Let's have a chat about Antagonist.  (Read 14958 times)

zMalevolencEz

• View Profile
Re: Let's have a chat about Antagonist.
Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 04:26:05 AM
Hi zMalevolencEz!

This is very strange, we are going to check your profile and investigate what happened. Maybe there are a new bug there and we need to fix it.

Sorry the inconveniences! Hope to see you soon on the Broken Planet!

I'd rather y'all focus on the quality of life for Antagonist. I can live with long que times if they are quality matches.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 05:47:13 AM
TENKA,

When I play as Raider, team average MMR 45%+, I rarely see antag to join. Last night I played with my friends, all purple tier1, 5 games, 5~6 maps que, all PS4, 8PM ~ 10PM in the US West Coast, there was only 1 antag game.  So boring... Please let me help lowering his MMR.

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 22, 2019, 06:13:00 PM
Honestly, I kinda don't mind the current setup. 

I kinda have mixed feelings about it when I win as Antagonist.  With the way it is currently, I go into it expecting to lose.  Sure, I try to win but it's not going to happen except against the most disorganized groups.  (In some ways, the broken scoring system works to my advantage as the people who go out of their way to rack up grunt kills are usually the most vulnerable.) This way, I can have fun without worrying that I'm going to ruin someone else's game.

There is one more advantage.  Playing antagonist is a guaranteed way to lower your MMR.  Given how off-balance it currently is, you're going to lose often while playing antagonist.  As such, playing Antagonist keeps my MMR low which keeps my raider games at a comfortable level of difficulty.  This is kinda important as the raider games are where I get the majority of my monthly score.  My MMR pretty much fluctuates between 26 and 31% with the wins coming from Raider and the losses coming from Antag.  (Sometimes I win on antag but those rare wins are balanced out by the rare losses on raider.)

Overall, yes, it'd be nice to have a chance at more antag wins but the way it is now has enough advantages that I don't really mind.