Author Topic: Sööma is more than OverPowered  (Read 4737 times)

Anszi

• View Profile
Sööma is more than OverPowered
on: October 15, 2019, 05:57:19 PM
It is a cool character design but ties the hands of an antagonist like nothing else.

Scenario that happened:
Sööma puts shields on teammates, Antagonist Harec shoots Sööma's teammate to the head, damage completely negated, a third of Sööma's pain meter is filled.
So what happened is a headshot which would've resulted in a kill was
completely denied. Does not sound over powered until it happens 30 times
in a single match. Denying 30 kills from the antagonist with a single press
of a button every 30 seconds is a little too much.

I love playing antagonist but do not dare to play until Sööma has been hotfixed. Taking a ban feels like a smarter decision than trying to win againts raiders with a Sööma in their team, that is how opressive it feels.

If there is a certain mechanic into countering her I would be more than glad to hear it because I have a feeling that 90% of matches have a Sööma.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: Sööma is more than OverPowered
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:44:58 PM
Söömo is a great support on every mission, including antag. However it's not as bad as you say (in my opinion as a raider). Sööma herself is quite helpless, her damage do weak damage and her ability doesn't help herself.

If she doesn't use a special card, all you need to do is break 3 protections in fast succesion, and she's dead from her ability.

You could focus on her. You could shoot that guy in the head twice.

Antagging in general has become quite hard, I don't think that Sööma is so overpowered compared to other raiders.

What does surprise me is that the shield completely negates one shot, no matter how powerful. I thought it would take away the damage, and if it breaks, leave the rest for the raider. That could be looked at in a future patch.

The antag has the advantage of seeing the raiders chosen. I've had tough Loath antags when going as Sööma.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 12:31:39 AM
Are...are you serious?

Sooma is FAR from overpowered. She isn't underpowered but she defiantly isn't overpowered. You could have killed Sooma first, you could have shot the raiders twice, you could have focused anyone who didn't have a shield on them, Etc.

Stop going into the forums and claiming certain raiders/weapons being overpowered when they aren't. That is how we get nerfs to things like The Whip and Hive's entire kit.

Kefal

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 07:30:12 AM
I disagree that people being angry at some character results in devastating nerfs, because nerfs are based on internal data.

Characters counter other caracters, but you have the last pick. Among all the other options, you can just pick someone else instead of Harec against Sööma.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 12:42:53 PM
Ama Harek player ,ama shoot but rider not die,ama not wana play dis stupid game anymore...
ALl Harek players pls do the same xD ^^

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 04:58:34 PM
It's actually worse with Alicia to be honest because she doesn't get single shot kills or even two shot kills. In fact, she's lucky if she can kill someone with several reloads while they're down... and hosing you with Iune that can kill you in two bullets (because instant kill headshots...) that is semi-auto. So you're dead and frustrated and then you notice... Sooma was popping shields on everyone making Alicia even more difficult to use than she already is. So you sigh and stop being evil for a bit to breeze through some missions on Raider before going back and trying again with Lycus! Simple solution, just kill Sooma first since it breaks all her shields and she's visible all the time.