Author Topic: Hive Nerf  (Read 15879 times)

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Re: Hive Nerf
Reply #15 on: October 19, 2019, 12:05:36 AM
The Plauge was a big part of why I quit this game months ago.  Also the sa du gun.  These broken weapons get introduced and run rampant for months before nerfs, and toxic tryhards abuse them to the fullest.  Until there is dedicated PvE I wouldn't even think of picking this game up again.   

R6 Siege, Overwatch, Paladins, all have options to do co-op vs. A.I., and Siege and Paladins have characters bans.  Overwatch you can change characters mid match.  MSE doesn't believe in control or choices though.  I'll give them credit for fixing the card system, but then again why did it start out so screwy to begin with.  Going from bad to normal doesn't really deserve much praise.     
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 12:14:00 AM by ScimitarSlice »

Deadlyweiss

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 01:28:56 AM
  Until there is dedicated PvE I wouldn't even think of picking this game up again.   

Better make sure you're sitting down while you wait, then.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 20, 2019, 04:40:01 PM
These arguments always go sideways. Hive was extremely abusive in PVP. We're talking Konstanine Tolchok levels of abuse. She absolutely needed something to be done... long before it actually happened. It was incredibly toxic on a scale where you wouldn't see anyone run anything else much like the Sahdu with Shae. No one was using anything else claiming everything else is worthless while we all just shake our heads in disgust because somewhere deep down we hoped people would "try" a bit instead of claiming the old excuse "...but it is necessary. I cannot win without doing this thing!"

First, that's a defeatist attitude as you always have had and always will have options. You might not see them because you're focusing way too hard on the meta and what everyone else is doing instead of trying to find your own way. Second, actually learning something and improving with it isn't the end of the world even if it results in losses. This is how the original players actually got good at the game. Last, we don't even know how long they'll stick to their guns before they buff Hive through the roof like they "fixed" Ayana's hook so it's quite possible this wont last nearly as long as the Plague's meta.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 05:09:21 PM
We can argue for eternity about it. But saying Hive is having Tolchok levels of abuse is just ridiculous.Only thing she can abuse is leeching through walls. Plague started all this frustrations , no one was saying Hive is OP before it. Btw i was never in this "meta" thing because i always prefer Raceme and Wasp , not Plague. I always try to find a way by differnt builds and playstyle. I dont even ask to win , she cant even survive most of time when she Antag. I played vs Mac with Wasp , he cant do anything to us. Same with other players i encountered. For 1300h i NEVER seen a good Hive what was real threat. I think it tells something , no?

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 20, 2019, 05:12:45 PM
Just increasing projectile dmg and nerfing leech dmg for example would be fair trade