Author Topic: Hive Nerf  (Read 15882 times)

NinMug

• View Profile
Hive Nerf
on: October 01, 2019, 02:17:57 PM
One question: WHY? Im sorry but im done with this game. I was able to tolerate bugs,ping,MMR problems,etc. But this is final nail in the coffin for me. I know this maybe sounds silly and stupid but Hive is main reason why i play this game. Good luck to you MSE and fellow Spacelords...

Alex2199

• View Profile
Re: Hive Nerf
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 06:43:49 PM
Personally, Im not a big fan of Hive. Yes, she is amazing and fun to play I just never play her that much. However, I have to agree that this nerf to her overall gameplay is just terrible. All her guns in her kit were perfect the way it was with a tiny expect of plague. Plague was the only gun in her kit that I could understand why it would receive some sort of work on it but her other guns were perfect. MSE nerfs so many good things and I cant help but blame the community for it. I do have faith that her nerf wont last long though. Eventually MSE will realize no one is picking Hive anymore and change her back.

lofikidtroy

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 01:29:44 AM
Sadly Alex, I have my doubts that MS will actually revert the nerfs, considering they have left Ginebra in a fairly unusable state that has only gotten worse each update (leaving the cougar form nerf despite the addition of the survival phase for example, so the reason for the nerf isn't even present anymore), and they go as far as to still pepper in slight nerfs to her each update. Hell they even managed to figure out another nerf to her this update, which while minor, makes no sense because this character should only be receiving buffs at this point. Those nerfs only reinforce the fact that Ginebra is likely never going to receive a buff significant enough to make her see some play beyond the fun factor any time soon. And this is coming from someone who is absolutely in love with the well crafted design of her. Seems like H.I.V.E. is going to get the Ginebra treatment.               

A shame too, H.I.V.E. was one of the most unique characters ive seen in a shooter like this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:06:40 PM by lofikidtroy »

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:05:17 PM
as an antag, hive kicked our asses multiple times today on snake and mouse. Damn that plague.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 09:50:33 AM
Against good players with good comp(Hans,Kon,Harec,Schneider) she is just free frag , Hive was very mediocre as Antag , now she is pretty much useless pick.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 12:45:08 PM
Hi everyone!

We know that this is a hot topic right now, so we want to speak about this decission on our next streaming this friday at 5 PM CEST!

You can watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/spacelordsthegame

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 05:47:46 PM
So nerf is because of collected data? I have about 900 hours on her , tested so many builds , played as Antag Hive and versus Hive. And she was absolutely FINE. Not OP , not trash. Just fine. Any nerf would make her weak and you done it. She is now useless except support build with stroma and Raceme. This nerf need to be reversed. Plague changes can stay

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 09:15:03 PM
When poor developers first time "Collect data" they add limited life for riders. (MSE pls find one player who like and agree with  dat shit and i become loyal fan of you)  Now they collect data again and Ruin only unique character to trash (again -can you show just one player who play at least 20 hour as hive before and who agree with this annoying ballance decisions and "collecting datAas" ) ... Ofc not. Who doubt.

Deadlyweiss

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 09:28:50 PM
I feel the problem was plague, not HIVE as a whole - I've gone against a couple HIVEs since the update and beat them in cqc relatively easily, which is an area I feel she should excel at.

When poor developers first time "Collect data" they add limited life for riders. (MSE pls find one player who like and agree with  dat shit and i become loyal fan of you)

I do, it prevents raider games from going on forever and it gives a finite goal for antags.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2019, 03:41:24 PM
Hi everyone!

We know that this is a hot topic right now, so we want to speak about this decission on our next streaming this friday at 5 PM CEST!

You can watch it here: https://www.twitch.tv/spacelordsthegame
Can you please give more specifics why she was nerfed? Data not always is good source of balance , you need to talk with community about this ( especially veterans and high lvl players). NOBODY asked for nerfing all guns , only Plague was issue.  :'(

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 07:48:34 PM

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 07:05:41 PM
I have to admit
Her plague felt a bit unfair
Antagging was to easy with it

But they didn't have to nerf her other guns

I'm waiting till the day they nerf alicia or hans and then i will officially be leaving this game

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 09:11:57 AM
I'm going to be as blunt as possible. Hive is fine, she still gets kills. Hive players are just not very good at not getting killed before they fully siphon so it can be jarring to actually have to fight a bit before you inevitably win. She is an incredibly easy character to learn and succeed with and there are so many ways the game panders you that you shouldn't be bothered about getting closer with a character that excels in close range.

Also, so you know Alicia and Hans have received nerfs before so...

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 05:51:31 AM
I'm going to be as blunt as possible. Hive is fine, she still gets kills. Hive players are just not very good at not getting killed before they fully siphon so it can be jarring to actually have to fight a bit before you inevitably win. She is an incredibly easy character to learn and succeed with and there are so many ways the game panders you that you shouldn't be bothered about getting closer with a character that excels in close range.

Also, so you know Alicia and Hans have received nerfs before so...
She still can get kills , yes. But why bother and pick her when you can have Pheromone Rak what can be deadly as she in CQC and can speed up , heal and even increase dmg with his ability and cards? She one of easiest chars to counter , dont allow her to get close and she cant do anything to you. If you want Hive be useful , you have one path now , support build with Raceme , Stroma , Tribal healing. If you want to clear ads then is better to pick someone else , she can do it but she is not good at it as before.

NinMug

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 05:53:41 AM
Hans and Alicia was nerfed? I know only her rare gun was nerfed (mines dmg nerf) , dont know anything about else