Author Topic: An option for the heavy metal update  (Read 4617 times)

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
An option for the heavy metal update
on: September 16, 2019, 05:12:24 PM
Would it be ok if we can choose 2 faction cards or 2 character cards instead of 1 faction and 1 character?

But you can't use the same card or even the card with the same side
You have to choose 1 antag card and 1 raider card
And to balance it even more 5 stacks of aleph buffs only 1 card from the same deck, the first card you chose, and it won't buff the second one

Thoughts?

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: An option for the heavy metal update
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:11:04 PM
Would it be ok if we can choose 2 faction cards or 2 character cards instead of 1 faction and 1 character?

And to balance it even more 5 stacks of aleph buffs only 1 card from the same deck, the first card you chose, and it won't buff the second one

Thoughts?

When the Heavy Metal update kicks in you'll still only be able to equip a single faction card and a single character card during a given match.

On the other hand, you'll be able to unlock all the cards in the deck if you want to, so that you can chose whichever you want and assign it to a loadout. No RNG/rerolls involved.

Unlocking talent cards will be possible by spending either:
-Talent points
-Gold
-Talent points + Gold
-For free

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 10:22:59 PM

Thoughts?

When the Heavy Metal update kicks in you'll still only be able to equip a single faction card and a single character card during a given match.

On the other hand, you'll be able to unlock all the cards in the deck if you want to, so that you can chose whichever you want and assign it to a loadout. No RNG/rerolls involved.

-Talent points
-Gold
-Talent points + Gold
-For free

That sounds perfect!
I honestly can't wait :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:25:57 PM by Hopperorouk »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 11:33:35 PM
@MSE_Ojuel I have a question regarding to cards. Not so much the rolling aspect of them but more how they appear in the matches. In the early stages of Raiders of the Broken Planet had the cards next to your health and other things on the screen and it even showed what cards were active at the time. Will we ever get that back? I would enjoy having that because cards like "Unlimited surge" have a high charge time and at most times I have no clue when the buff is available.... Will this be in the heavy metal update or any future updates?

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:36:22 AM
@MSE_Ojuel I have a question regarding to cards. Not so much the rolling aspect of them but more how they appear in the matches. In the early stages of Raiders of the Broken Planet had the cards next to your health and other things on the screen and it even showed what cards were active at the time. Will we ever get that back? I would enjoy having that because cards like "Unlimited surge" have a high charge time and at most times I have no clue when the buff is available.... Will this be in the heavy metal update or any future updates?

We used to have an in-match HUD back in the day that had its own fare share of implementation issues, which ultimately led to its removal from the game.
Truth is we're not currently working on bringing it back, but who knows what could happen in the future. ^_^

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:37:55 AM

Thoughts?

-Talent points
-Gold
-Talent points + Gold
-For free

That sounds perfect!
I honestly can't wait :D

I'm glad you like it! If everything goes well we'll probably be giving more info on the new system really soon.