Author Topic: Can we PLEASE get a buff to The Whip?  (Read 4048 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Can we PLEASE get a buff to The Whip?
on: September 15, 2019, 07:18:53 PM
I don't know how others feel but personally, I never saw the whip being overpowered. Sure the damage was stupid strong, but the speed at which the sphere moved was so slow that you could have EASILY moved out of the way. However, the damage isn't where my complaints come from. My biggest problem with the weapon is the fact that Thomas (The squid ball that comes out of the bridge...I named him Thomas. Don't judge me) is now borderline useless. You have to be close to the Thomas to even be able to shoot him. Yes this is good at pushes if you follow him but so is LITERTALLY EVERY OTHER GUN IN HER KIT! Even Earthing which has the smallest explosion radius is useful to make a push. Plus Thomas is so slow that its not even a true "push" its more like a causal walking your dog.

Here is what I suggest. Take away the whole "Be close to Thomas to be able to shoot him" thing. If not that at least make it where Valeria has to be close to the bridge itself and not Thomas. There is a reason no one really uses it...That and you made Shakura too strong. Literally nerfs The Whip into the ground the makes a gun that can kill people through walls and not even require Valeria to present. Makes zero sense and I would love for someone to give their input.

Guilla

• View Profile
Re: Can we PLEASE get a buff to The Whip?
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 03:15:11 PM
I have used it quite often and really like the Whip now.  My biggest concern is the size and proximity of the thing. You have to be so close, that you can't see anything when firing at it.

Damage seems to be fine, and it moved pretty slow so you can keep up. I have to use cards that cause the downtime on portal timer to be lower otherwise the tactical effectiveness of it goes down the tube. It's strange that the ability cool down on this weapon is the longest of all her guns.

You would think the harder to use, the shorter the cool down, but with Valeria's guns that's completely the opposite.

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 05:02:45 PM
The best buff to whip is to exterminate shakura from existence

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:58:31 PM
I have used it quite often and really like the Whip now.  My biggest concern is the size and proximity of the thing. You have to be so close, that you can't see anything when firing at it.

Damage seems to be fine, and it moved pretty slow so you can keep up. I have to use cards that cause the downtime on portal timer to be lower otherwise the tactical effectiveness of it goes down the tube. It's strange that the ability cool down on this weapon is the longest of all her guns.

You would think the harder to use, the shorter the cool down, but with Valeria's guns that's completely the opposite.

Everything about whip is fine to me in all honesty. Do I wish the damage was more? Yes, but I can get that with cards. My biggest issue and the number one reason why I want it to be buffed is the fact you have to be so close to the sphere (In this case Thomas) to be able to use it. I shouldn't have to walk Thomas down the path like he is getting married. And like you said if you are walking him it can be hard to see things so if an antagonist, or elite, sneaks up on you they can get an easy kill on you. It needs to be buffed and Shakura needs to be nerfed. Earthing and Little Girl are perfect please do not change them MSE.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 09:13:29 PM
I suggested it in another thread. Make the "leash" mechanic used for Shakura be used for the Whip. Whenever you press the special button Thomas comes towards you.
That way it's easy enough to shoot it short range. I would make the sparkles a bit longer as well. And a +10% damage buff would be good too.

Or let Thomas circle around you and with special button it changes direction. Would make it more useful as well. The portal would decide the radius of the circle then.