Author Topic: New player turn offs and antag and MMR manipulation  (Read 3369 times)

Redlablez

• View Profile
New player turn offs and antag and MMR manipulation
on: September 14, 2019, 07:39:22 PM
As a new player this game got me hooked Right off the bat yu get the rush of hectic combat and raiders who change the game dynamics just by their playstyle.

But something that stands out right from the start is the bs system it has set up. Now I love antag I love it, I love playing as one. But please tell me why its set-up to be the most bs mode around.

Antang high mmr vs low mmr. You get wiped, stomped pig roasted. You get a team of tier4+purps  and they camp spawns, they have high forge weapons and upped passives, and with this meta Im seeing of take top tier characters with good aoe  guns or abilities you cant do anything but sit and emote.
THe npc dose nothing but die...basically showing you what your next 15min is going to be like.
Tat purp team will basically toy with you forever. Not caring about objectives but just sit around to kill you and rack up w.e they trying to et by doing so.
Maps....as an antag there are maps where it dose not matter what antag you choose cause its just a death trap for you...you can pick the beefiest raiders and have maxed cards  and low lvl raiders will just stomped you cause if they dont have 12 year old mentality they will work together to kill you when you take your first breath.
MMR conditioning......What I mean is Ive been seeing none stop purps taking tier 6 players 2-3 purps then 1-2 tiers 6 whites  just to alter the mmr. Now i have a mmr of 26% ave  and no matter what my ai is weak. This game dose not shift difficulty based on tier, weapons, or anything that makes sense but on how many games you win average. So I can either have a team of purps and intentionally lose games to lower ai difficulty or take some tier4- whites to do the same. If a antag (ME) comes in even better because then its a auto Very easy diff setting on A.I and even bosses.
Best antag is harac......hmm I agree especially when he has a lvl 10 forge ignis and better yet on pc where you can drag mouse and shoot.
Thats the next part the crazy bs the gaming world has of making pc dn console players play together. I dont want to hear spoof from pc players that there is no diff that they have no advantages cause they tried both and feel the same....Tell your significant other lies but not me please. I would never play a moba with a controller why cause it needs a mouse for fine control so why would a shooter be diff in those regards.  PC players claim everything better on pc so why the thirsty need for them to play with console players?
Letting pc players play with console players just takes whats bad with this gam to the extreme. @2 tier 1purps and two tier6 whites? You cant say that isnt manipulating the mmr difficulty system. 
Ive read that 40-60% is a good mmr range........BS...BS....maybe when it was only on pc but not now not after you have people for w.e reason have the need to stomp everyone through shady means.
"GIT GUD" "LEARN RESPAWNS" "PICK RIGH CHAMP AGAINST RAIDERS" Almost all fair respawns what the point when other know them as well and can lay down aoe..lingering aoe to kill you off the hop. Picking the right champs matters little when you have a meta set up with characters that are almost good on any map. GIt gud how when you have purps manipulating the mmr for their OWN enjoyment. Again making consol players and pc play together is makes it all the worse.

Same thing applies to when you play as a raider....a newbie and you got a purp lowering their mmr to stomp white tier with ease. Like make it so when you get to a certain tier your mmr can drop past a certain %.  I as a raider full of whites dont want to see a purp tier being carried by npcs. Watching 5 elites steam roll team while purp in the back twerking. IMa enjoy the show but still be pissed.

This game is so much fun but I feeling and seeing more negatives then the positives. Im stubborn and a bit of a masochist so Ill keep at it till I fully hate this game. There are clears as day negatives that can be changed for the better but from all that I can pull up and read from 2017 its like the devs have this "Naw its fine yall just need to GIT GUD (WATCH DEVS PLAY ANTANG and you can see the frustration on their faces and they force smile spoon feed bs as they experience the same bs people tell em) as if they made the perfect system.

IDK there have been so many games I played and they died out because of foolish choices. The choices in this are the same choices many other games died off of because of. Top tier ideas but chewed gum mechanics...and its never the big things its always a bunch of small things.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:30:35 AM by MSE_Ojuel »

ThePloopz

• View Profile
Re: New player turn offs and antag bs and MMR manipulation
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:12:30 PM
Imo crossplay is one of the best things this game has done. Ime I haven't had any issues playing with or against pc players and my mmr is 43. I just don't think having crossplay is a problem especially since there are many weapons that don't require fine aim.

I agree with the match qualities being all over the place and it is frustrating when you're just learning the game with your crappy weapons and you'll get matched with way better players that just stomp you.

I also don't understand why the passives are the way they are and don't personally like it

As far as antaging goes I don't think they act like it's fine, in fact a month ago they had a patch pretty much dedicated to improving the antag experience.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Re: New player turn offs and antag and MMR manipulation
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 04:39:39 AM
Do you even realize the game you're playing? It's not that they can't separate pros from newbies, it's more like they can't afford to split their playerbase, there's crossplay because barely anyone is playing on PC, if they isolated PC players, they could as well remove the platform. It's way too late to rework the MMR, you'll have to deal with it.

Also, if you're new to the game and think you can just play antag to have a easy win or even a "fair" game, then you're delusional. To play antag you need not only have map and matchup knowledge, you also need to have overpowered, win-win situation builds. If your forge level is too low and your passives aren't high enough, then tough luck, pal, come back when you're stronger.

Redlablez

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 09:42:58 PM
"Do you even realize the game you're playing? It's not that they can't separate pros from newbies, it's more like they can't afford to split their playerbase, there's crossplay because barely anyone is playing on PC, if they isolated PC players"

SO Who the hell cares. Is that console players fault?  Why the hell should pc players get a clear advantage just cause they dont have a player base? You think console players can deal with a Harac that has perfect aim only cause he uses a mouse to point and shoot? It a bullshit trash aspect that only pc players can abuse and they do.

"they could as well remove the platform"

You new? they wouldnt remove the platform/comsole... why? Cause this game is perfect for console. I know you pc players who think your the master race and should be included into everything is not the case. May game have had this issues of mouse user ruining a good game when you add cross play.  But its always only pc players who have the bs reply of "I have and play on both and I notice no diff but its clear as day what you choose to play on. They even started making bs mouse adapters for console why? Cause its a clear advantage in shooter games.

". It's way too late to rework the MMR, you'll have to deal with it."

That the dumbest shit Ive heard really...to late to change it? They have been changing everything in the game none stop. Ive read so many good mmr change ideas. But its about money and you make more money by putting time in pumping out skins weapons and slight changes to make people go "Oh I love it" Till the newness fades away.

"Also, if you're new to the game and think you can just play antag to have a easy win or even a "fair" game, then you're delusional."

WHo said I want to stomp...did you even read wath I wrote? no you jumped in a said copy past bs when everything I said links to each other in one way.  Your the gamer ass type that always replies "Git Gud". If this was 007 golden eye and you had the Golden gun every match and someone colianed your reply would be "GIT GUD".

To play antag you need not only have map and matchup knowledge, you also need to have overpowered, win-win situation builds. If your forge level is too low and your passives aren't high enough, then tough luck, pal, come back when you're stronger.

that is half true. but when you have purps mmr manipuating to play 25% below mmr players its not healthy for the game. YOur whole "Git gud" mentality is why many get turned off this game its why you damn pc players dont have a player base. And now you come to console to spill that same garbage over here.

Now if you wanted to do point for point on what the griefs are and break it down cool but again you gave a copy asshat  paste reply when again everything I said are legit unhealthy game mechanics.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 08:43:19 AM
You new? they wouldnt remove the platform/comsole... why? Cause this game is perfect for console. I know you pc players who think your the master race and should be included into everything is not the case. May game have had this issues of mouse user ruining a good game when you add cross play.  But its always only pc players who have the bs reply of "I have and play on both and I notice no diff but its clear as day what you choose to play on. They even started making bs mouse adapters for console why? Cause its a clear advantage in shooter games.
When I said "remove the platform" I said remove pc, not console. 60 people playing the game worldwide on a platform(pc) isn't even close to being a playerbase, isolate them and you may as well remove it altogether.

I have never said pc players didn't have advantage over console ones, also never claimed being "pc masterrace".

"You new" Ironic since you're the one bitching you don't have passives and forge points to deal with people, not me.

That the dumbest shit Ive heard really...to late to change it? They have been changing everything in the game none stop. Ive read so many good mmr change ideas. But its about money and you make more money by putting time in pumping out skins weapons and slight changes to make people go "Oh I love it" Till the newness fades away
Too late because I'm not even sure this game will last another year. Everytime you reference Spacelords people will say: "Oh, that game with forced, tryhard pvp" or "The team game with no voice chat". Game is so obscure that even youtube game journalists don't care or never heard about the exorbitant skin prices in it.

Players were giving suggestion to change the MMR for years now, and look how many of those they implemented. Yeah, none. Even the diehard fans aren't putting up with it anymore.

"Dumbest shit I've read" The shit you write seems like you're having a stroke over the keyboard. Nice formating skills, by the way.

WHo said I want to stomp...did you even read wath I wrote? no you jumped in a said copy past bs when everything I said links to each other in one way.
That's why I referenced a "fair" game, maggot. You won't get one, most of the time you'll either annihilate Raiders using sneaky strategies or get stomped yourself, you'll rarely get "back and forth" matches playing as antagonist, and those are just terrible for everyone involved since they drag the game for too long and screw the rewards.

that is half true. but when you have purps mmr manipuating to play 25% below mmr players its not healthy for the game. YOur whole "Git gud" mentality is why many get turned off this game its why you damn pc players dont have a player base. And now you come to console to spill that same garbage over here.
People manipulating MMR are ones who are tired of getting one shot by shotgunners from halfway across the map or tired of fighting rubberband AI who reads all their inputs. There's literally no reason to play with more than 40% MMR other than some stupid made up "honor system" which no one cares about. Your bitching about "git gud" mentality seems like an excuse to not adapt to the situation.

"That's why pc players don't have a playerbase" Or maybe because every change breaks the game more than fixes it and there are tons of MMOs and other better shooters to play on PC.

Now if you wanted to do point for point on what the griefs are and break it down cool but again you gave a copy asshat  paste reply when again everything I said are legit unhealthy game mechanics.
Your original post sounds like a rambling from a deranged scrub, there really isn't much to break.