Author Topic: Doldren astral bugged?  (Read 9506 times)

Crytec24

• View Profile
Doldren astral bugged?
on: September 04, 2019, 09:55:16 PM
Hey guys,
once more i have issues that i do not get... firstly, Doldren rematerializing quite often does not work... why?! I am standing on solid ground... Is it a distance thing? What does it depend on?
Secondly, it seems that high lvl player can see me in astral form :(. It happens way to often to be random. Why is that ?

Hope you guys can help me, since there is way too little information out there :(.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Doldren astral bugged?
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:11 PM
yes he's tricky.
there is a gauge who indicates if doldren can materialise or not.
the gauge take little time to fills up when doldren is near a living creature and the gauge quickly empty if he is not.

you can only materialise when the gauge is full.

but doldren suffers a bug sometimes which makes him materialise on random spots with crazy cam movements.

for players who see you, i don't think they see you, just they are waiting for you because you must be too predictible.

but, your body can be seen when you are in astral cause your stress is full.
and moreover when you materialise you do a specific sound who warn aware opponents, and, (if ping is good and when lock system works correctly...) let them time to react and counter you.

Crytec24

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:13:40 AM
First point of rematerializing I got now.

I am countering the astral identification by using some card that hides my Stress for 10 seconds, usually I never exceed this time.

I am as unpredictable as it is any possible. It must be the reaction by sound, but still this is hard to accept at this point ;). However I‘ll keep it in mind. I was rather hoping to that these classes have some kind of skills to see me.

thanks for your quick support :).

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 02:15:19 AM
nope there is no class able to see astral until now.
so either way they are quick to react, or they use some hack

but doldren is pretty counterable when used to it.
it mostly works against new players. when ping or lock bug doesn't intefere to counter him...

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 08:43:59 AM
As of right now CQC is a little...unforgiving. If a raider punches as you spawn in it will instantly target you which makes the whole one punch build a lot weaker because they can counter your punch with a punch. I don't know if this is one of the problems you are having, I just wanted to add that in.

Xinderoth

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 10:41:08 AM
Yeah, Fuck Doldren. I hope he Dies and gets so many bugs that he is unplayable.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 06:04:54 PM
In my humble experience Doldren's who spend too much time in Astral are in fact the worst of the lot and die way too much. Thus, going to suggest focusing more on shooting that gun they gave you as it does some nice damage and even gets instant kills on downed Elites/Players with a headshot. Otherwise, practice shorter range Astral 'hops' instead of the likely long distance 'jumps' you're doing to utilize Astral as a dodge and not just a means of transportation so you can get your One Punch in.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 03:42:05 PM
Astral Form is a Trap.  Use your gun.  If you teleport...Shoot them in the head. 

Doldren 101. 

Doldren 102.  You have more access to lethal mixups than other people.  Cause you could potentially teleport in and one punch, grab, or shoot them in the head.  This makes Astral Form an Stress/Mind Game tool.  Do the punches three times... Then they get into the pattern of thinking your'e going to punch. 

And if you can aim, there isn't a real hard way to counter teleport/shoot.