Author Topic: Beginner Question - Character Abilities  (Read 5292 times)

Betwixedthe2

• View Profile
Beginner Question - Character Abilities
on: September 11, 2019, 05:20:36 AM
Hey there! Just got into this game a week ago and am already I'm in love with the character designs/gameplay. Just got to level 17 and I can't wait to unlock more characters and story! However, I likely have the most basic of basic questions but, here it goes: where can I find the controls on how to activate each character's abilities?

I'm on the xboxone and I did the tutorial with Alicia, but not every character works the way she does. I've seen people cling/teleport to walls with Harec or heal in different ways with H.I.V.E., but I can't seem to do so myself?

I've tried watching videos on youtube about each character's abilities but I just don't get how to ACTUALLY activate them? Alicia (on the xbox) requires you to use RB to climb walls but then also RB and zoom to aim while in mid air (like warframe, which I love).

Again, I know this is a very dumb question but I just can't seem to find the specific controls both in game and on youtube tutorials. Can anyone help? It's hopefully a super simple thing that I'm just missing/misunderstanding.

Guilla

• View Profile
Re: Beginner Question - Character Abilities
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:19:20 PM
I believe it is the same button for every single character. On Xbox it is the Right bumper (R1 for PS4 I think). On PC I have it set to shift but I do not think that was the default.

Some of the abilities you have to target an object or enemy, like Harec you need to target an eligible wall and hold and release to active it. Konstantine you just press the button, Lycus you need to run a bit (to build charge) then you can activate the shield.

That should cover all the default characters. You mentioned Hive. To use her ability, shoot an enemy, leech essence from them, then you can use the ability.

Betwixedthe2

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:32:32 PM
I believe it is the same button for every single character. On Xbox it is the Right bumper (R1 for PS4 I think). On PC I have it set to shift but I do not think that was the default.

Some of the abilities you have to target an object or enemy, like Harec you need to target an eligible wall and hold and release to active it. Konstantine you just press the button, Lycus you need to run a bit (to build charge) then you can activate the shield.

That should cover all the default characters. You mentioned Hive. To use her ability, shoot an enemy, leech essence from them, then you can use the ability.

Ah thank you so much! That's super helpful already! I just wish there'd either be an option to do the tutorial with other characters OR just look at the controls for each character so we know to do these things? I had no idea about Harec's abilities until I saw other players using it.

Thank you for explaining!

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 05:59:56 PM
There's not a great amount of balance between characters as some get... extra abilities or perks. So Iune can come across as a tad confusing compared to someone simpler such as Konstantine. Keep in mind, certain Talents (formerly Cards) can change how a character behaves and should be browsed through to see the full breadth of what a character 'might' be able to do. In this way, even characters like Doldren, Hive and Valeria can become healers and normally that is not a role they would fill.

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 12:38:32 AM
a helpful hint, feel free to ask here or on discord about any new raider you unlock.
I was well over lvl 100 when I learned that you can retract Mikahs clone (you have to hold the same button you use to release the copy).

Some description are misleading, some are incomplete and some sound just wrong (hive impregnates every enemy ...).