Author Topic: Mission Difficulty and Rewards  (Read 2946 times)

Guilla

• View Profile
Mission Difficulty and Rewards
on: September 02, 2019, 09:10:12 PM
I have played a bit the last few days (20 or so matches) and the handicap system is really confusing me right now.

the match I just finished I was MMR 43 and the team I was against was MMR 31 average. So it gave them a mission difficulty of 9.  (also had a match where there was no difficulty, and where they were at 21 these have to be  boring for the raiders and make the antag system a joke) I enjoy  playing Antagonist but 4 vs 1 with no AI help and Bosses with 10HP are boring for the Raiders, and pure frustration for Antags.

Is there a plan to fix this? I try to stay as high of an MMR as I can, but this handicap system basically says "Ok, it's time for you to play a 4 on 1 game, where the raiders can kill a boss in the time it takes you to respawn once"

Out of 5 antag matches today, 3 were this horribly handicapped, two were sorta ok but still pretty bad. Never once did I have the mission difficulty within 10 of my levels.

Sorry it's just getting worse and worse every week.
/endrant

Guilla

• View Profile
Re: Mission Difficulty and Rewards
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 09:12:07 PM
As for the rewards part of it. They should standardize the rerward system. There is no reason we should be penalized so bad for losing to a team that has such a large handicap bonus. Same goes for Raiders, there is no reason a raider team, should beat a very very tough MMR match and get no rewards just because the Antag was super low MMR.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:37:19 PM
absolutly, especially when AI is usually a greater threat than any antag can possibly be...

this mmr system is crappy, as others thing it kills 500% of the fun, there is lot of suggestions to modify it on forum, but... hey... aleph modifications  or nerfing schneider was clearly better priorities.

Guilla

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 01:16:22 AM
I just finished a match. I was MMR 31 now, Raiders were average 34.  Mission Difficulty was 24.

I know they debuff enemies and make less of them when an antag is there, but now they are also throwing in a handicap. Really strange. Once I figure out how to post screenshots I will