Author Topic: Tried to get back into this game and it was a mistake  (Read 5295 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
The main problem for me as usual is getting an antag on 90% of my matches. Also the aleph deposits system is trash. Most of the aleph spawns either right on the antag spawns or on some weird parkour locations. This is so dumb, people hardly ever killed elites before and now all u see is people walk right past them wtf. And bruh why is the cqc like 10x worst than it used to be? How did you manage to break it even more seriously?

I feel like I've lost 10 years of my lifespan thanks to this game.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 01:27:38 PM by Tekato »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Tried to get back into this game and it was a mistake
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 02:06:16 PM
I feel like I've lost 10 years of my lifespan thanks to this game.

i share the feeling...
the more i play the more i feel dead inside...
game sessions are most of the time just a succession of irritating events...

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 03:25:15 PM
I think they just keep changing things around (aleph deposits) to try and get people to re install the game and try it out again.  If they want to change something around, being able to switch characters and guns in between spawns would be good maybe.  You should be awarded for your flex skills and knowledge of counters and good team comps.  Plus, if people only have time for a couple matches, they can still potentially play all their favorite characters and have more fun. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 03:26:48 PM by ScimitarSlice »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 06:21:00 PM
As someone who has started over completely on Spacelords, going from a veteran player who is max level on Xbox but is now a tier 6 on steam, I can see why they did the new Aleph system, however, I can see the major flaws with the system. The new Aleph system helps newer players sense we get matched with higher tier players. The matches are typically harder which means adds are stronger and as a low tier player it takes more than 2 to 3 hits to kill an elite. However, on the flip side most of the Aleph points are in antagonist spawn and like you mentioned now that elites don't drop anything other than ammo now most low tier players wont kill them anymore.

The thing about playing against an antagonist is a challenging topic for me now. As a max ranking person I love to see an antagonist because it provides a challenge to the game (when the adds aren't instantly downing you in one or two hits). However, as a low tier it sucks to have an antagonist especially if they are a higher tier with much better guns against your low tier raider group. If there is a tier 1 raider sure I get it but not if we are all tier 4's and below. That is why I say the MMR system should be removed and matchmaking should be determined but the tier levels. Tier -, 6, and 5, get matched with that, tier 5, 4, and 3s get matched up with that, and tier 3, 2, and 1 get match with that.

As for the CQC system...it is broken right now I don't know how they managed that. Over cover grapples completely fail every time, punches are not beating grapples and grapples are not beating dodges. Dodges seem to be the only thing saving people right now. On top of all that I tested this while my ping was PERFECT so I cant blame the ping. As of right now your best bet is to lower your MMR to have fun...Just know if you are gonna antag with a low MMR you will be hurting newer players and they might leave the game making the game suffer even more so

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 07:42:37 PM
As for the CQC system...it is broken (...) punches are not beating grapples and grapples are not beating dodges.

man ! at last someone to see it too !
bro i can't thank you enough for that...

Dodges seem to be the only thing saving people right now

nope. it's as broken as the rest.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 07:55:47 PM
Manipulating MMR is so damn easy that MSE should be ashamed of themselves. On top of that, their matchmaking is a joke in every aspect; going veteran tier 1 against 4 newbies is just bad design, I don't care about their excuses anymore. Antags having long qeues? Separate the goddamn mode and add a player counter, to know if you can or can't instaplay. MMR being some stupid algorithm to measure the players skill? Nope, it's just a failure that decides if one or another team wins because god tier IA or wooden IA. MSE taking into account the players ideas? Try again, since 2017 they have gave us the deaf ear.

I paid when this game was Raiders of the Broken Planet, I LOVED THAT GAME, it had better mechanics and playstyle. Hades was when Raiders went from good to SUPERIOR. Since Spacelords relaunch everything lacks heart, effort (for fuck sake, Lycus voice in the las campaign is not the same as in the other 3) and communication between players and designers. 

If I knew this thing would become a chimera of a game I wouldn't had backed MSE. I feel cheated everytime I look at my steam library.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 09:43:36 PM
CQC is pretty broken. trying to issue a from cover grapple is like getting hit hard from a stone brick wall at full throttle. antagonist or elite just comes punching me out of it and stun locks me into a unstoppable combo until I'm down to zero and whoosh! A finisher,

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 03:39:05 AM
CQC is pretty broken. trying to issue a from cover grapple is like getting hit hard from a stone brick wall at full throttle. antagonist or elite just comes punching me out of it and stun locks me into a unstoppable combo until I'm down to zero and whoosh! A finisher,

Sometimes elites and grunts straight up read your movements. I fought this commander guy who dogded a strike, parried 2 grapples then he hit me 2 times and used a grapple when I tried to dodge, a shotgunner who dodged my strike and countered with a shot 2 times. Grunts who dodge your attack and kick you out of a cliff is a classic too.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 10:01:19 AM
CQC is one of core systems of this game, though, it can be ruined by unstable network between players very easily. I do not know about EU countries, but in the US, the broadband infrastructure is not very good. with $60, I consider the decent, I can buy 150Mbps DL, 60-80 usually. Fiber Optics are only available in limited cities. If you live in some rural areas, you do not have much choice than Times Warner Cable, who rips your ass off.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 10:14:47 AM

Sometimes elites and grunts straight up read your movements. I fought this commander guy who dogded a strike, parried 2 grapples then he hit me 2 times and used a grapple when I tried to dodge, a shotgunner who dodged my strike and countered with a shot 2 times. Grunts who dodge your attack and kick you out of a cliff is a classic too.

That's definitely a classic.  imagine killing all of the turret grunts on low blow,  to one wardog jumping up. And dodging the incoming punch,  then kicks you off the platform.  XD

Xinderoth

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 11:15:42 AM
I feel sorry for the people that played to get high levels to be displayed by their names, only to have that coolness of someone seeing such a high level player and getting anxious about the upcoming match get replaced by grouping all high level players into a same category.

Like, seriously, that player that used to be level 300 or more used to look a lot cooler and scarier than the player that just has a group 1 symbol by their name. Which, could mean anything.