Author Topic: concerns about Sa Dhu's future nerf  (Read 3836 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
concerns about Sa Dhu's future nerf
on: August 26, 2019, 10:17:05 PM
Hello! In the most recent stream MSE has done Ojuel and Vela answered a question about Sa Dhu saying they have noticed Sa Dhu being used a lot more than her other guns (Which I agree with) and then later mentioned how they see it as a little overpowered. Which made me worry sense I don't see Sa Dhu being overpowered. Yes, it is WAY more powerful than her other guns especially in the sense of antagonist play. That being said it is not impossible to counter...it is harder to counter but not impossible. The only things I could see happening to it is making the projectiles slower giving the raiders (or enemy AI's/antagonist) more time to react, for example find cover, roll, etc.

I worry because every time someone mentions something being "overpowered" in this game I have memories of The Whip for Valeria. So many people complained about it being overpowered and now look at it. It has ZERO use in the game. Its damage is weak and to even get the damage from it you have to near it. Not to mention its slow so the enemy has most likely moved out of range before dealing damage to them. Back to Shae, I just worry that the nerf MSE has in plan might be TO strong. I vote we make Sa Dhu's projectile slower or give a little bit more time between each shot so it doesn't instant kill things with the 6 shot.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: concerns about Sa Dhu's future nerf
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 11:52:00 PM
i agree.
it is strong, but not op.
moreover, it can not OS lot of characters. all council can survive him for example and then you have something like 7second to reload with stress meter full...

but yes sa dhu force players to move from cover to cover and be aware of reload time. but there is an imortant thing with sadhu that devs HAVE TO kepp in mind : sadhu is unplayable if you do not kill when you shoot, since you usually don't have a second chance.

moreover, you can't aim for what you want to shoot, and you have around a second before lock is totally complete...

AND he is more or less useless in pve.

SO it is deadly, but it IS balanced

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 12:13:09 AM
There tricks to aim with sadhu, if you do a "corner" shot as in you aim to enemy that only in one corner of your screen you will shot only him, also reload cards is a thing, so ppl who use dont have 6 second of reload time problem, same way its really strong in cqc, just pop from corner and do a shot, boom wounded enemy. It just give to much, there like.... no shae on higher levels that wont use sad-hu... sure i cant say its brokenly OP... but it does need some decent nerf.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 12:18:38 AM
There tricks to aim with sadhu, if you do a "corner" shot as in you aim to enemy that only in one corner of your screen you will shot only him, also reload cards is a thing, so ppl who use dont have 6 second of reload time problem, same way its really strong in cqc, just pop from corner and do a shot, boom wounded enemy. It just give to much, there like.... no shae on higher levels that wont use sad-hu... sure i cant say its brokenly OP... but it does need some decent nerf.

"decent nerf" is the key word. I am worried it will follow Valeria's Whip and become over nerfed...that's the only reason I made this post is to voice my concern.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 01:19:14 AM

- corner shot is far from behind always possible.

- relaod cards sacrifice damages cards. and maybe people think the opposite, but sadhu doesn't do so much damage so i'd rather damage than reload time. moreover even with reload cards you still have 4-5 seconds to reload.

- it certainly needs no more nerf than harec or alicia...

- so you mean that sadhu is more op on cqc than... let's see... hatchet, ingrid, hornet, smoking daysy, tolchok, last wish etc etc...?

i say, no.

you can instant wound a player in cqc with sadhu as you can do it with mostly all weapons.

and you forget that sadhu is mostly the only weapon she has to face pvp.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:33:02 AM by sonofoz »

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:18 AM
Why you talk about dmg cards? She don't need them. Sad hu have enough dmg to wound or outright kill a person in one burst. Thats on top of how easy it is for shae to "aim". Sadhu strong in cqc unlike all other her guns too. Before it you could see pretty much any type of gun on she in pvp, now its sad hu.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 10:46:29 AM
i take damage cards because i can't stand to lose a shot who only wound a foe (except for council of course, who are usually not killed by a single shot).
so i put all chances on my side with full damage cards.

yeah shae only use sadhu.
(simply because all her other weapons sucks.)

but what is the problem with that ?
harec only use ignis or easter, sooma only redeemer, kon only hornet or tolchok, hive only plague, alicia only smoking daisy, iune only last wish, etc etc etc...

players tend to use the most efficient weapon for each character. shae is no exception.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 11:49:43 AM
The difference, there IS option for other raiders, same with shae her other weapons not weak, asi dagan is the only gun that a bit meh for het, phax for bosses, focus for pvp. But because sad hu is to strong and give to much with to little effort it get used on her so much.
Sooma only uses redeemer not because it strong, but all her other options not even weak, vial aren't even a gun, its a joke. Harec have ferox too, that already 3 gun, hive have options, race me and shae give her other ways to play that aren't bad, i roll with shy for my hive.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 05:40:16 PM
yea, you roll with shy.
as i encounter a high lvl antag who was not using sadhu with shae.
there is always exception...
a plagued hive can wipe a team in no time. but of course all her other weapon are options.
damn even novera is an option for alicia since it is selectable... no-one will prevent people to use it if they want...

for shae most weapons are usefull only for boss. the 3 or 4 i tried anyway. pretty bad for pvp or pve. sadhu is the only one who can stand a good chance in pvp, and the only one who can really stop alicia.

and i'm pretty sur the asked nerf comes from them (and hans/rak players maybe).
so yes you can't run mindlessly toward shae, usually you die.
that does not makes her an op character / weapon.
(on the contrary of harec or smoking daisy for example)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 06:36:56 PM
I hate whenever people say "oh that's all that [this raider] uses! It must be overpowered!" that statement might be true for some people but others, like me, may only use one guy because they only have ONE LOADOUT. Sa Dhu, Plague/Raceme, Ignis Fugit, Redeemer, Last Wish, and more are all weapons I feel comfortable running in case of an antagonist so of course I will have it equipped its not because its overpowered and I wanna give the raiders/antagonist a hard time. I want a fair fight. If I had more loadout slots of course I would use a different gun with different card set ups but I cant because I have to use a weapon or card that I feel is good on every map. Sa Dhu isn't overpowered. You can trick the Shae to waste her ammo, you can slide under most of her shots, and if you have a good Harec on your team he should be focusing her. It isn't that it is overpowered people are just dying from it on missions were they have a blueprint then whine about it. I wont lie I do the same but eventually I LEARN how to counter it.