Author Topic: Ginerbra re rework, offensive cougar form  (Read 12252 times)

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Ginerbra re rework, offensive cougar form
on: August 26, 2019, 10:55:05 AM
When it comes to fifth council members, each one of them has an ability or a weapon that rewards their slow, Fortified playstyle...they have abilities that help CC opponents and provide area denial in whatever location they may choose
Well everyone except for ginebra, her weapons have CC in them but they're very reliant on conditional affects, which makes positioning yourself as ginebra a key component to survive and deal damage...that being said...the recent nefs that her cougar form received made using the ability a straight downgrade and a disadvantage to her...only granting the ability to sprint, which compared to others raiders that can do the same and more...really disappointing
There are plenty of ways to improve her directly
Remove health penalty/stress free etc

But this is the most creative suggestion i could come up with
Making her cougar form fight based on your equipped weapon, just like in the reveal trailer

Cougar form can attack by simply doing a normal forward jump but onto an enemy
Each weapon affects the kind of jump

S-bogen: jump attacks pushes enemy away

Schleuder: grants the ability to wall jump, wall jumping onto an enemy will damage them, can also jump from an enemy to another(like the trailer)

Javelin: passively increases jump length and height(the farther you jump from an enemy the more damage you do)

J-wheel: jump attack pushes enemies left or right

As most creative reworks go...this is the hardest and most ridiculous to implement, but just thought it's cool to make cougar more than just a mediocre gimmick
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:28:42 AM by Hopperorouk »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Ginerbra re rework, offensive cougar form
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:25:47 PM
very fun idea.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 07:44:01 PM
Personally I find her stress the only thing that needs to be removed. Her health penalty is annoying but able to work around. I like the idea of her cougar form dealing damage, however, I worry about the power it could be. It could be overpowered.

Whenever her cougar form was stress-free her cougar form was much more than just a sprint. Once they made her cougar form stressed it killed over half of her card set ups and playstyles (that I know of). Now she is one of the weakest raiders in my opinion. Still useful but other raiders can do what she can do and more now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 07:46:42 PM by Alex2199 »

Deh_Toni

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:50:39 PM
I really like your idea Hopper!

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 12:56:29 AM
Personally I find her stress the only thing that needs to be removed. Her health penalty is annoying but able to work around. I like the idea of her cougar form dealing damage, however, I worry about the power it could be. It could be overpowered.

Whenever her cougar form was stress-free her cougar form was much more than just a sprint. Once they made her cougar form stressed it killed over half of her card set ups and playstyles (that I know of). Now she is one of the weakest raiders in my opinion. Still useful but other raiders can do what she can do and more now.

It's not overpowered considering you'll keep the previous nerfs and you'll rely on conditional affects the way her weapons do
I had this idea because i thought, since they want her to be seen always let her defend herself
I should also add that this form is not affected by cards
You might think that the wall jump from the schleuder is going to make alicia absolete...but i disagree...because alicia got so many advatages already

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 10:36:49 AM
I really like your idea Hopper!

Thanks a lot :)....MSE did say that they are planning on changing ginebra...hope they consider some fun and unique changes

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 01:41:25 AM
It would be nice to see her have a dash tackle ability or be able to transition out of her form with a melee attack so you can get into combat immediately.

Wofenzen

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 01:57:56 AM
Would be nice to be able to transition into melee from cougar form. Ginebara's alot of fun to play while she's far from weak i would like to see her getting some extra options having the abilty to wall jump or bound off enemies does sound extremely cool but i feel as if it goes against her core design of being a tanky ranged fighter who switch to nimble but soft target ginebra is defined by the duality of her nature I thinking giving her cougar form attacks would break her quite A bit rather would it not serve to have her play more of a passive rile as a couger perhaps give her the ability to track antags or camouflage while stationary (would need to rework the stress so it only builds while moving) or you could even give her a "roar" allowing for a short AOE cc that last just a split second longer that her transition back to humanoid.

Azazel6

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 02:58:22 PM
I wish we could just at least push enemies or knock them like in the trailer

Hopperorouk

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 05:24:15 PM
I wish we could just at least push enemies or knock them like in the trailer

After much consideration i think the best most plausible way to rework ginebra is to exchange the transformation time between going in and out of her cougar form...ie she'll take 1 second to get in cougar and she gets out of it instantly

As well as give her reliable weapon that is able to adapt to any contact

Maybe a crossbow with infinite punch through...the more surfaces it hits the more damage the shot will deal

Lancer

• "Do what you will, you'll do it anyway"
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 05:33:21 PM
Crowd surf ability  with her couger form, stuns but not damages so you have time to transform? But then i guess that would introduce stun lock... 

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 02:50:19 AM
Sounds awesome, but how would it interact with CQC? Could enemy players roll out of a jump attack? And if so, Rak is better. I say refert nerfs or make it so it's a special move and dodge cannot negate the attack. Otherwise people will just roll out of the way because there is no consequence otherwise, you can't grab or shoot in cougar form so why wouldn't they just easily roll out of the way? They would have to bring back stealth if they added this. Otherwise they would always see you coming and just roll.

MSE_Laura

• 🐱 Meow! 🐱
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 01:09:26 PM
Hi there, guys!
Thanks for your feedback! We are soon going to make a character rebalance!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 10:28:24 PM
Thank you for giving this Ginebra main hope Laura!

lightoflife3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 05:50:29 PM
I hope all weapons impact character abilities for all characters, though sadly it only seems to be the case for Aneska and Valeria.