Author Topic: Map glitch abuse  (Read 3429 times)

Lehi

• View Profile
Map glitch abuse
on: October 07, 2018, 10:29:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNpQdL9-_MI

Both the last raider and I were on PS4. Unfortunately, I messed up with video capturing by pressing share button twice, so only last 3 seconds were captured.
When the remaining aleph was at 0/16, the last one, Mikah, started to immerse under the map. Obviously, she took aggro from Elites but could not be grabbed, hit, shot, or blown, by me as well. She stayed there until others came back.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Map glitch abuse
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:28:18 PM
Hi Lehi,

We are afraid we don't completely understand the issue since the video is too short. Do you mean you were the Antagonist and a Raider was cheating? Or did you find a bug?

Richter

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 04:30:37 PM
I believe he was an Antagonist and he couldn't kill the last Raider because of that glitch. Last time, my friend and some random guy played on the same map and they happened to be stuck down there without having the possibility to come back. And if I'm not mistaking, that Raider was cheating by using the same glitch (or kinda) to escape the Antagonist

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:49:09 PM
I have seen similar reports every now and then, sounds like an identical situation to this old video report from Skel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9_vFMs9GAo

A Raider using some kind of hack or cheat to merge into the floor, be un-killable, draw enemy aggro, etc. and doing it during survives so the antagonist can never win.

(just another reason I love when Raiders are forced to push against a timed objective, like In Medias Res ;) can't just waste time to win)

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 07:07:14 PM
Thanks Draco for the video. This was the exact same glitch.

I was the Ayana, antag. The last raider surrounded by devils were Mikah, the last survivor. At that time, to me, she ran into a devil in front of her, and I thought she was going to suicide, but right before the devil grab her, she went down the floor.
She spent there for the remaining 30-40 seconds and the rest of the game.

For some reasons, all devils ran toward her. If she grabbed a regular minion, and I did not see it for some reasons, there should be a statue and the statue does not draw attention of the devils.

I solo the map and went to the exact location, but I could not find a hole or gap in the map to cause a stuck or anything.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 07:59:04 PM
Oh she was stuck there for the entire rest of the game? I have heard of people glitching into the floor by accident with no way to escape short of exiting the game, dealing with steps in certain levels. The ones reported on discord were Weapon from the Past, and In Shock. So might have been an unintentional glitch rather than malicious intent, but I'm sure MSE can find out what happened now :)

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 11:27:02 PM
I believe her actions were intentional and she stayed there because the remaining life of uras, the boss, was less than one bar. I lost the game right after the teammates came back.
I leave the decision to MS, but I just want MS to fix and prevent a similar glitch and maintain fair games.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 10:32:38 AM
Hi again, guys!

Now I understand the issue. I'm going to report it to our QA Team to check if it was a bug or a cheat. I'll probably contact you again to ask for some data.

Thank you very much for your help!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:38:22 AM by MSE_KarenHB »

Richter

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 01:36:49 PM

(just another reason I love when Raiders are forced to push against a timed objective, like In Medias Res ;) can't just waste time to win)

I agree with you, even tough I am mostly a Raider player, I like a bit of difficulty when the Antagonist is good and we are running out of time, playing Anta can be very frustrating in some situations so I'm clearly not against a more "fair and square" type of game, if you know what I mean