Author Topic: Sooma - redeemer  (Read 4637 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
Sooma - redeemer
on: August 24, 2019, 03:21:55 AM
please.
pretty fckg please, players, this weapons is made for only one thing.
only ONE fckg thing : defending stuff against engineers.
that's all : defending fckg stuff against fckg engineers, turning boring missions into easy missions.

but :
1) nearly no-one uses redeemer's sooma in these missions.
2) when they do, they ALWAYS just throw spheres everywhere uselessly like drunk galaxy.

so here is a free sooma guide to all nobrainers on this game (no need to thank me) :
1) put a sphere in front of the console/lever/stuff to protect from engineers (you can protect up to 5 spots at the same time).
2) if you're a bad aimer, like me, avoid using your gun furthermore except to save your life or you'll have to do it again.
3) wonderfull that's all.

now all engineers will die in your spheres before they can do bad stuff to good stuffs you have to protect (except at very high difficulty where they have too much health) and you have played your character as intended to, and usefully for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 04:59:26 AM by sonofoz »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Re: Sooma - redeemer
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 06:01:07 PM
There's more uses for redeemer then just protecting terminals. Yes it can do that as well but its more then just that. Can help with CQC for you and your team, shut down spawn points, cover pathways for a more safe area, getting rid of miners. The list goes on. Saying the gun is ONLY good for terminals seems like a waste in my opinion

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 08:32:48 PM
yeah. focus on protecting terminals against engineers wich enables to end missions without a sweat and then you'll think about more usefull utilities when there is...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 08:36:12 PM by sonofoz »

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 07:28:37 PM
while you are right, that this seems to be a good tactic, I've learned the hard way that mobs can destroy the spheres.
I played exactly as you described on double agent, and the spheres "vanished". On discord they explained that the spheres can be shot.

Depending on the situation a more offensive/active playstyle might be superior.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 07:49:35 PM
yeah spheres can be destroyed.
but it happens nearly never (except when antag destroy them. but 80% of people are to dumb to do that too). 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:46:11 PM by sonofoz »