Author Topic: Please address the current state of CQC  (Read 3042 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Please address the current state of CQC
on: August 14, 2019, 10:59:48 PM
I know a lot of people who are complaining about the current CQC system but I haven't seen any MSE member comment or bring it up in a previous stream. Grapples aren't working and punches don't seem to be stopping them. On top of that punches are beating punches? I had an antagonist beat my punch with a punch even though I punch first. Then once I rolled he punched my roll. After that he rolled once I grappled but instead of grappling it just hugged the air in front of him. Even the antagonist messaged me and said I should have killed him in that CQC fight.

Please fix this its making players leave the game.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Re: Please address the current state of CQC
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 11:06:56 PM
I agree, just earlier i had hid behind cover knowing the antagonist was closing in on my position. When i initiated the grapple from cover move, a few seconds it kinda paused and the antagonist was able to grapple me despite i initiated it first before he did. So it was obvious there was a few seconds of delay in the hit box detection.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 03:35:16 AM
Please fix this its making players leave the game.
clearly.

i have stated that in one of my very first comment here.
you can stand to be weaker than somebody else, because you can improve.
but you cant do nothing against random fight because of hazardous coding...

i have friends who tried the game with me and clearly drops it, because they were bored with this random cqc (among others random things in the game).

grabbing/punching the air, being grabbed while punching, punched while dodging or dodging a grab etc etc etc all of this is utterly irritating in a game where the slightest mistake means death most of the time. and it's worst when it's in pvp...

the only healthy reactions to this are :
the first times it happens, "what is this stupid game unable to apply its own rules ??"  :o
and then, "ok just get the fuck off my computer, thank you."  :D

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 06:13:10 AM
In my personal opinion it wasn't that bad until recently. In the past it was just as annoying but never THIS bad. In the past it mostly worked with a few "What the fuck" moments but now its like every moment is a "what the fuck" moment. Its getting to the point were I don't even go for CQC anymore and that's what I primarily go for. I love ambushing, grappling a roll, etc. It feels so rewarding in a game that is honestly not that rewarding after four games. I am a HUGE fan of Spacelords, Hell I'm thinking about getting a tattoo that represents Spacelords. But with how CQC is working I am slowly being pushed away from it.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 05:40:01 PM
Agreed, what's the point of building the core combat system on rock/paper/scissors, if it's not going to follow those simple rules?

I've been beating this dead horse for a year now. I have seen MSE address the issue. It's buried so deep I can't find it so I'm paraphrasing what their reply was: must be latency, works as intended, no attention needed.

BS
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:52:14 PM by Placelord »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 11:59:56 AM
Hi there!

Indeed, we have found some bugs related with the melee system and we are now fixing some of them, but we'd really appreciate if you could send screenshots or videos in order to address all of them.

Thank you everyone for your patience, we hope this issue gets fixed soon.