Author Topic: full antag system + AI mode  (Read 3472 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
full antag system + AI mode
on: August 14, 2019, 05:52:15 PM
i'm taking the opposite side of most people on the forum, so, i'm waiting for massive rejection, but i'm used to it.

the facts are :
- sorry but your AI is bad.
- mmr system is broken.
- randomness of pvp can be annoying.

make your game a true pvp game with the same achitecture you have in all of them.

-> a full AI mode with drastically reduce rewards and no BP, but with AI antag to get used of the game.
-> an always antag mode with a permanent difficulty for AI (you can add some small variations, but that's not a good thing imo, players will feel their strenght grow better with stated difficulty and it fixe mmr and AI problem at the same time).

no match can be launched without 5 players, so :
- or the antag is choosen randomly among them.
- or you can keep the antag option but if there is not enough antag, you'll still have to to choose one randomly.
so the only ramdom antag is maybe a better choice.

if people KNOWS that there is always an antag and that the game is based on it and he has not chosen it, it makes desappear the first cleavage of the game.

it works like that for ALL pvp games and it wont be a problem on this one neither.
randomness is the problem.

and then fixe cqc and ping and your game will be fixed as well.
imo, all you are doing rigth now, aleph, master of puppets anything... good or bad, are just useless patch, since you are not fixing the real problems of the game.

and i don't undertsand why you don't just start working on them directly and seems just avoiding them.
are you afraid that a part of you community just leave ?
imo a lot already left and the one who stays with random antag will stay with only antag mode because, there will have no bad surprises about it.
it will really be the game core, as you are saying it is.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:06:15 PM by sonofoz »

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Re: full antag system + AI mode
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 05:58:35 PM
randomness is the problem.

+100 thumbs up

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 06:00:11 PM
Well, at least the PvPvE discussion would be solved. But MSE would lose the unwary coop-games-players.

I'm not saying this would be a bad solution, it surely is another kind of solution, but I doubt MSE has balls to do it.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 06:03:07 PM
And here i was, waiting to write post like this.
There is still some problems with it.
First of all if you know there will be antag, there always a problem of full teams that go full meta and wreck one player.
Another problem is difficulty of AI. If its same for all... how will it work? Will new players have same difficulty as veterans? Ideally it would be based on tiers. But then its a problem of what if you the only high tier in low tiers, what will change? Because right now forge and passives are very dependent on it. But what if devs change it? And not all high levels are good at this game. So thats a problem too.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 06:16:43 PM
First of all if you know there will be antag, there always a problem of full teams that go full meta and wreck one player.
you're maybe right, but i don't think so, because :
- it will always be the antag who choose his character last
- you don't change the matchmaking so old players will still team with new one and same for antags.

Another problem is difficulty of AI. If its same for all... how will it work?
it's already broken serg =s
noobs already have to face impossible AI or experienced players has to face 0 monsters missions.
just take a middle one, who can be a moderate threat to raiders without doing all the antag jobs.
something around 40 mmr i guess.
and since the matchmaking will always teams-up yound and old players, the old one will be able to back up the new one.
(but you can always adjust it a little if there is only young players in the team)

And not all high levels are good at this game. So thats a problem too.
of course, you'll still have bad teams or really good/bad antags, but well, both have to win sometimes, so that's not a problem ^^
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:21:20 PM by sonofoz »

Primevil657

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 01:11:53 AM
Great post man, you covered everything pretty much XD. Save some suggesting for us too. Haha.