Author Topic: Ongoing Natural aleph deposit feedback  (Read 2567 times)

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Ongoing Natural aleph deposit feedback
on: August 13, 2019, 06:46:56 PM
Hello! My intentions with this thread are for players to provide their feedback and findings regarding the new aleph drop system on a map by map basis so we can help the devs find what areas of the game may need tweaks or fine tuning to provide a better play experience.

I’d like to start with Fistful of Sand:
I think you should look into tweaking the aleph drops on the first phase of Fistful Of Sand.
That part of the mission used to take a long time, yes. But I think spawning snipers with 5 Aleph a piece makes it too easy and too fast.

As an antagonist, that area of the map has always been your best bet for killing the raiders. The second phase is generally a sure win for raiders, especially now with reactive shields in place.

I’d suggest moving to the Natural aleph deposits drops with a high spawn rate. Or possibly even 5 on the map at one time. That way you’re still speeding up this portion of the map that used to be a crawl, but it’s not lightning fast as it is now.

Weapon From the Past:
As an unexpected consequence to the aleph deposits being in place on this mission, players are not actively hunting the elite soldiers as they used to. Resulting in a large number of elites on the field at one time and near constant kill orders making the mission a little difficult for some players.

Perhaps a change in player strategy is all that’s required here, but maybe look into adjusting spawn rates for elites or lowering the maximum allowed at once.

White Noise:
This mission used to be my favorite mission to play because you could play any character you wanted and do fine. But with the current aleph drops, agile and speedy characters are a must.

I understand all the aleph is meant to be naccessible to for the elites, but it can be very hard to preform the platforming and climbing necessary at higher difficulty or when an antagonist is present.

The aleph frequency also feels too scarce, mainly in the second phase.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope this feedback helps.
I encourage other forum users to post their findings on aleph deposits as well.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Ongoing Natural aleph deposit feedback
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 07:13:13 PM
Hello! My intentions with this thread are for players to provide their feedback and findings regarding the new aleph drop system on a map by map basis so we can help the devs find what areas of the game may need tweaks or fine tuning to provide a better play experience.

I’d like to start with Fistful of Sand:
I think you should look into tweaking the aleph drops on the first phase of Fistful Of Sand.
That part of the mission used to take a long time, yes. But I think spawning snipers with 5 Aleph a piece makes it too easy and too fast.

As an antagonist, that area of the map has always been your best bet for killing the raiders. The second phase is generally a sure win for raiders, especially now with reactive shields in place.

I’d suggest moving to the Natural aleph deposits drops with a high spawn rate. Or possibly even 5 on the map at one time. That way you’re still speeding up this portion of the map that used to be a crawl, but it’s not lightning fast as it is now.

Weapon From the Past:
As an unexpected consequence to the aleph deposits being in place on this mission, players are not actively hunting the elite soldiers as they used to. Resulting in a large number of elites on the field at one time and near constant kill orders making the mission a little difficult for some players.

Perhaps a change in player strategy is all that’s required here, but maybe look into adjusting spawn rates for elites or lowering the maximum allowed at once.

White Noise:
This mission used to be my favorite mission to play because you could play any character you wanted and do fine. But with the current aleph drops, agile and speedy characters are a must.

I understand all the aleph is meant to be naccessible to for the elites, but it can be very hard to preform the platforming and climbing necessary at higher difficulty or when an antagonist is present.

The aleph frequency also feels too scarce, mainly in the second phase.

I encourage other forum users to post their findings on aleph deposits as well.

Thank you for such a detailed yet straight to the point feedback. :)

As this moment being, we can safely say that when the Heavy Metal update kicks in:
- Aleph spawns in "Weapon from the past" will appear in closer & more visible places.
- Aleph spawn rate in "White Noise" will be drastically increased during the second phase.

The "Fistful of sand" issue is a bit more tricky, since we tried to keep the original phase's spirit, which was hunting down snipers. We'll keep gathering data on that mission in order to evaluate the magnitude of the issue, if there's any.

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:32:33 PM
Thanks for reading and a quick reply!

Another area I meant to give feedback on is Hanging by a thread’s final phase.

There appears to only be two aleph deposits at the two highest points of the room.
I’ve noticed this to be problematic for fifth council players who take a long time to move the aleph. Perhaps an extra spawn on the middle platform would help.

and for newer players, who can’t always find it. This area used to serve as an introduction to aleph for the new players via the one single elite. Maybe a similar concept could still be used here with a single aleph drop outside the spawn room instead.

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 04:06:32 AM
Spent some time with the game today. Have a couple more maps I’d like to leave feedback on.

Beast’s Lair: Now I’ve only experienced this from the antag side, but it happened twice today so I feel it’s worth mentioning. In the first phase, It feels like the Aleph on the second island(antag spawn) comes back too fast. Raiders were able to gather enough aleph to start the generator over the course of two of my lives as an antagonist (you could argue I was a bad antagonist today but still). The Raiders could all huddle up on the second island, collect aleph, and start the generator all together very quickly making the phase go by very quick.
I think that slowing the spawn rat of aleph just a tad bit, and placing some on the third island (exit island) could help with the pacing on this map.

A low blow:

This one isn’t as much related to the aleph deposits but More just general map feedback.
In the first phase of low blow, if you’re ever unfortunate enough to have the engineers shut off the overload on the reactor and can be very tough to get the reactor bar filling again due to 2 reason. The aleph deposits feel slightly scarce when faced with the platforming combined with enemy intensity. And the engineers never stop spawning even when the reactor is shut down. So as soon as you put more aleph in, 3 engineers anywhere on the map can immediately shut it down again. This makes this mission very difficult to play without a cordianated team. My suggestions for this would be to make sure the engineers cannot spawn while the reactor has no aleph in it. This way, you’d atleast be able to get your bar filling again before it shuts off.