Author Topic: chosen roles  (Read 2456 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
chosen roles
on: August 14, 2019, 06:03:10 PM
a small feature inspired by paragon.
in lot of mobas, there is "war" at the beggining of the match to know who goes where and does what.
in paragon, you has icones to announce and chose your role in the team.
it was quick and clear and drastically reduce the roles conflict.

obviously in spacelords, there is no lane to choose.
but, it does not change the fact that players can have dedicated roles in the team and that teams works better when players assume them.

so you could make the same feature for your game.
during the character selection screen, you can announce the role you want to assume during mission.

roles who comes in my mind right now, but there is maybe more, are :
- counter antag.
- grunts clearer.
- objective defenser. (when you have to keep console safe from engineers for example)
- mobility unit. (for aleph recolt or reaching lever for example)
- dps.
- multipurpose. (when you don't want to be assigned to one exclusive job.)

moreover i think it will help people to have more complementary teams and understand better the game mechanics.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Re: chosen roles
Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 06:10:37 PM
I think I know what you mean.  Something to help the players understand team compositions and roles.

Like, it's super annoying when I pick kuzmann to guard the monolith, and then have a loaht hanging around with me when he should be getting aleph.  I'm slow and have stress, and he is fast and has no stress to manage; it's obvious he should go get the aleph but a lot of people don't understand.  I never played paragon so I don't know exactly what you mean, but a more structured role system in spacelords might not be a bad thing.