Author Topic: Feedback after 1-2 months off  (Read 5090 times)

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Feedback after 1-2 months off
on: August 11, 2019, 10:47:38 AM
Hi, so I've stopped playing after prices galore (before Sööma) and now I've played a few matches as raider and wanted to let you know how I feel, since quite a lot has changed.

Sööma: I tried her ability in solo mode first. I don't want to let a team down. However it doesn't work there. I'm still experimenting with her, she seems okay-ish, much like Aneska, but maybe a bit more fun. I somehow think she was especially made to keep the old man alive.

Aleph drops: I had to ask that online how it works after I played a match. I'm not that big of a fan, becausing meleeing elites doesn't feel as rewarding. Also it's quite hard to see where/when/how the aleph-deposits get new aleph. However, Ginebra is probably more useful, as are other that can't go into melee as easily.
It really changed the gameplay more to that of a normal shooter, because you don't need to melee all that much.

General Gameplay: I don't know what really changed, but it feels a lot more chaotic and fast. Perhaps there are more ennemies, or the camera angle changed?

Difficulty: White tiers (even tier 1) seem to suck more than before, but that probably means, that beginners have more fun playing and stick to it.
Antags are tough, even when they are low tier. I still have to figure out how they can start a hunt for a raider. I think they have more fun than before, and I am fine with that.

Gameplay change: Kuzman got a shield? Okay, glad that you keep tweaking the game with some nice extras. Don't know if that shield is relevant though, but whatever.

Emotes: Love em! The new emotes are really cool. But since they have to be bought for every raider, I should really focus on 2-3 raiders at most.

Red Sun Event: That new sword does not look great, very similar to the other sword and is very expensive. The weapon skin is not all too great as well and hella expensive. I don't dislike events like these and I hope that it brings more money to you (you deserve it for the whole game!). I hope this pays off but it's not for me.

Recommendations:
Give Elites one aleph back as well as having (fewer) aleph stacks spawn on the map. And/or make the aleph on the map have an aleph outline you can see through walls, just like ennemies. Perhaps make it noticeable a bit before it spawn, so players rush towards the spawnpoint.

I would prefer to give more meaning to melee. You balanced it a bit too much in favour of just shooting things.

All in all:
Great to see that the game surprises me and that you experiment with things. I'll keep playing (more casually for personal reasons) and spending money if I think something looks cool and is not overpriced.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:49:09 AM by Engelsgaard »

Engelsgaard

• View Profile
Re: Feedback after 1-2 months off
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 02:57:46 PM
@Tekato, fair point, which game did you develop? so I can compare and understand your point of view better.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the discord/forum divide is as big as it has ever been, nothing new here :)

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 03:09:58 PM
@Tekato, fair point, which game did you develop? so I can compare and understand your point of view better.

??????

You don't have to develop a game to have an opinion on how things are handled. If you see a helicopter crashed into a building, you don't have to be a pilot to see that someone clearly fucked up. LOL

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 04:02:11 PM

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 04:59:45 PM
Having some more criticism would help the game, I mean, we need to adress the CQC problem, or becoming a more normal shooter problem. If the player base is so low that they can't manage to separate PvP and PvE maybe is because there are a lot of things that don't work. This game has flaws, inconsistencies and bugs. And we have 2 years of this already, 2 years. That's a lot of time with things staying the same, and I mean the problems, not the gameplay.

Would they choose better for the playerbase and the game, and everyone, myself include, will be cheering and coming back to Spacelords. 

First step should be fixing the latency issues and solving the CQC system problems.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 05:08:00 PM
There a critisim and then there "you to nice to devs". :D
Should Engel said dead game dev killing it or what?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:14:46 PM by MSE_Karen »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 05:39:09 PM
First step should be fixing the latency issues and solving the CQC system problems.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 06:04:56 PM
You didnt read discord then tekato, i mean you read it but you dont wanna notice that it has critisism too, for some reason. And i dont report, and i dont really play antag, im a raider player mostly.
Man all misses, wanna try again? XD
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:15:25 PM by MSE_Karen »

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 06:26:25 PM

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 07:15:33 PM
And again this is all you saw there? You passed all suggestion or any posts about what broken or what community dont like? There wasnt any, hey lets nerf ignis? hey we dont like push? Speaking about new player do you think when you were trowing games with new ppl because there was an antag in game it didnt made them quit? Ya think they werent like man if only this lvl 400 helped us instead of feeding? Such a nice game to bad community is toxic?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:15:49 PM by MSE_Karen »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 07:31:46 PM
last time I was there you guys made a newbie feel like shit and made him leave almost as fast as he joined.
hm hm.

i remember one of the first topics i took part here.
it was for ingame chat.
i said "nope, it would be as toxic as in any pvp game".
and some of you immediatly came, condescendant and trying to scorn and make fun, because most of you want a chat.

and in fact you do always the same as soon as someone as a different point of view than yours.

so, stupid humans here, stupid humans on discord. nothing new under the sun.
but it's hypocrit to judges them if you can't do better than them.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 08:00:30 PM
Some for in game chat some against. Im in against camp so idk about who you talking about sonofz.
About harec i have this funny picture

yeah yeah i know its about ignis nerf and not about stalk spam. but stalk  spam a bit harder cause it can be countered by timed grab so we a bit split on it. also this one i did some time ago and im a bit lazy to go and find votes for cooldown on stalk.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 09:06:14 PM
Why is it that I am forced to carry every goddamn match
i really doubt that.
especially when just before you said :

is it my fault the developers have such a shitty matchmaking system that it puts me a tier 1 purple with 3 newbies and an antag?

it rings more like "bouhou lets quit it will be too hard", than "ok rookies, look at me and walk in my steps !"

Ok sure I was a dick there but come on an online game with no chat? That just makes no sense.
well, it makes no sens for you and people who want a chat.
for others it's not really a problem. or at least it is a problem which can have others solutions than ingame chat... ^^
and it changes nothing to the fact mentionned : in the end you are acting exactly the same way they seem to do.

Some for in game chat some against. Im in against camp so idk about who you talking about sonofz.
i was talking to tekato =)

yeah yeah i know its about ignis nerf and not about stalk spam. but stalk  spam a bit harder cause it can be countered by timed grab so we a bit split on it. also this one i did some time ago and im a bit lazy to go and find votes for cooldown on stalk.
i'm still sure that the real problem with harec, more than the lack of cooldown, is, it's really hard to kill him while in stalk form, because he's just auto sent back to his body...
the auto send should desappear, just lets manual one, and his stalk form should be his body... so you see him and shoot him before he headshots you ? you kill it.

no need to cooldown, so good harec will still move everywhere as hell and HS people in a flash, and the character keeps his cool gameplay, but this stupid immunity thing who makes you have to be 2 and/or find his body first to fight him will desappear. and that would be a good thing imo.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:57:31 AM by sonofoz »