Author Topic: Shakura and why it should be removed from the game  (Read 8920 times)

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Re: Shakura and why it should be removed from the game
Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 09:39:56 PM
Yeah,  like sonofoz said.  there is a invincibility frame. why didn't you and your team bolt out of there as soon as you spawned? though i do feel your frustration man.  had a hans player who was purple tier 1 just camp at the spawn door and kill us one by one as we spawned.  might of been the same valeria player lol but oh well. 

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 10, 2019, 09:58:00 PM
Welcome to spacelords where the community shits on each other and then wonder why it's so small! Damn it why are my antag queue so long! "I mean come on I only made like 200 newbies rage quit last week by insta killing them with my breath!?"

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 09:59:25 PM
had a hans player who was purple tier 1 just camp at the spawn door and kill us one by one as we spawned.

yup, i do it with konstantin, hive or even shae when i can.
it can be an effiocient way to bash somes lives quickly.
especialy when they spawn back one by one or when team mates are blind and you can kill the 2 poor same lads again and again while the 2 others are running like happy magic unicorns across the field...  ;D

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 10:40:01 PM
The immunity time always ran out before we could make it out. As a tier 6 the second that immunity ran out I was still just barely out of the range. She then either finished me off with her gun or just sent another orb out. I tried every trick to leave the area but couldn't. The problem is both the match making and Shakura because even though I could have gotten out as a higher tier it still would have been unfair and annoying as hell...but I guess that's why people play antagonist to annoy people. Again all of her guns have synergy other than Shakura and it makes all of her other guns useless. When was the last time you saw a Valeria use anything other than that gun? Its too strong and is killing off the newer players. That and the level cap but that's a whole post in its self

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 10:49:33 PM
Welcome to spacelords where the community shits on each other and then wonder why it's so small! Damn it why are my antag queue so long! "I mean come on I only made like 200 newbies rage quit last week by insta killing them with my breath!?"

Unlike what MSE thinks, I think in the long term having dedicated PvE would actually decrease Antag queue wait times, because the community would begin to blossom. 

There are many people who simply don't have the reaction times, positional awareness, or aiming skills to compete in PvP in spacelords.  But, The storyline, art, atmosphere, graphics, music, etc is so good they would want to meme/emote around, spend money on skins, flaunt said skins etc.  As they meme around in PvE, they increase passives/guns and learn to play better and better, and eventually dip their toes into PvP, which should have exclusive rewards and much higher rewards than PvE. 

Noobs don't want to get deleted from gameplay for 10 seconds 19 times a game by a higher rank who has both more skills, better guns, and higher passives.  So they move to a different game. 

And veterans don't want to play with noobs and have their experiance ruined.  I don't like playing as antag.  The reason I play online games is to play as a team because it feels good to be a valuable team asset.  If I was going to play solo I'd just go play DMC or something.  Getting teamed with noobs that do nothing but give the antag a constant stream of immunity is not fun. Or watching the scene for the 4000th time.

By MSE saying "antag is core to spacelords, it stays no matter what" they are cutting out like 75% of gamer demographic right from the start.  The COD empire can afford to do that but I don't think MSE can.  Think about how many gamers in the world only play Diablo or MMO or RPG  that don't have advanced FPS/TPS skills at all.  Well does MSE want their money, or do they want to scare them away with Meta tryhard alicia with smoking daisy etc etc.   

Well, whatever they are doing I don't think is working.  There was a small bump with Sooma and MOP update but now barely anyone is streaming on PS4 again.   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:56:50 PM by ScimitarSlice »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 12:06:40 AM
but I guess that's why people play antagonist to annoy people.
omg...
yeah or for the challenge or to change, or because they are bored to be team-up with players who can't even quit their respawn zone without dying in a loop...  ;D

When was the last time you saw a Valeria use anything other than that gun? Its too strong and is killing off the newer players.
pretty often...
and these exploding orbs just instant wound anyone...

no, what surprises me with shakura or her others guns, is they do not need amo to fire its special.

for example take shakura, let's say the portal need ten ammos to be placed, firing an orb need 5 and then each dot needs one or two (or adjust as you want to be balanced).
and you'll have the same "problem" as with sadhu, you won't be able to stay hidden all games long because you'll need to refill ammo.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 12:26:34 AM

Unlike what MSE thinks, I think in the long term having dedicated PvE would actually decrease Antag queue wait times, because the community would begin to blossom. 

Pretty much true, but the game has got a bad reputation already. i tried to get some friends here some time ago, and the response was "frick that 4vs1 bullshit man, I don't want to play that thing again with the antagonist mechanic."

Games are made with the idea of "entertain" the players. Maybe this game doesn't want to make a full cooperative experience, but... competitive? At a random pace? You want PVP players or PVE? These kind of decisions (because PVP is hurting PVE and vice versa)  are cutting new players, everyday. It isn't getting any attention on Twitch neither (50  viewers at best is just sad).

Maybe a new game mode, separate PVE from PVP would help. Something funny happened at the start of july; Fortnite (yes, that game) went nuts when the developers quit the team mode with unlimited lives. Players spoke, they wanted the mode back. Epic didn't wait too long to make the mode permanent. Now everyone is happy and people is even getting on battle royale because they feel confident enough to try it.

Funny story, MSE, about being stubborn. Even Epic listens to their playerbase better than you.

On topic, yeah, Shakura is a player killer. The only way to endure it I found is with a good Harec or a good Doldren pressing against Valeria. Maybe a Loath can suck a chunk of pain and transform. Dunno. The weapon is just very good on tiny spaces. Make it so it needs 30 bullets to change direction, or shooting the orb to change it, maybe that would balance the things a little.

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 11, 2019, 09:45:15 AM
Shakura is op for sure. It has minimal risk to kill raiders, especially, when she can camp.

One of strong things in this game is something that can damage you even in cover or kill you almost instantly.

Guns that can kill you in cover:
Hive's skill, especially plague+explore card
Rak's shepard
Ayana's legacy
Schneider's all guns
Kuzz' licht bogen
Aneska's default and special
Val's all guns

The most effortless, low risk, and high dps ones are Shepard, Shakura and Licht bogen.

Low risk means, you can damage your opponents while you take cover. All other guns requires you to be exposed (you have to aim and shoot.)

In addition to it, Shakura has the highest dps if she uses her guns along with the skill. If she camp, almost no one can kill her. Good Harec is not in your team when you need him the most.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:46:52 AM by Lehi »

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 12:38:24 PM
Hi everyone!

As we explained on another thread, the Shakura is going to be balanced in the next update, Heavy Metal.

As usual, thank you very much for your feedback, it's always very useful in order to make adjustements ;)