Author Topic: Capped XP is a major flaw  (Read 2173 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Capped XP is a major flaw
on: August 08, 2019, 04:32:31 AM
Hello! So I usually play on Xbox. I am maxed level and have everything in the game (other than Short Nine because I currently don't have the gold for it) and I always questioned why people complain about the capped XP sense I was still getting XP on the last quickplay. Even if it was only like 300 XP or less (most likely less) per game. However, I recently decided to start over on steam just to feel the current system and how it treats newer players.

I am only level 8 on my steam account and I have to say I can no longer complain about low tier players constantly dying. I already knew the game was punishing in the sense of PvP. The higher your tier the more damage and resistance to damage you have. I can see how this could be a good thing by teaching newer players to be more careful while fighting another player, however, it doesn't work this way. It is now just a tier 1 bullying lower tier players or vice versa. On top of that the capped XP makes it almost impossible for me to have fun. I no longer feel as if I am being rewarded and it is taking me so much longer to get things that would help me counter a higher tier player who is constantly killing me. For example, I play Konstantin and I am fighting against a tier 1 Hive with plague. Keep in mind the rest of my team is tier 6 or 5s. I don't deal enough damage to down her, hell I barely damage her and she can just hit me through a wall then Zoomba dance till I'm dead. If I was a higher level I could have used Mikah to get out of there but I can get Mikah because I have to be level 18 (I think) which I cant get to because I have to wait a whole day to get to level 9.

This is why the game is slowly dying. Your punishing new players for trying a game where there are already tons of veteran players who can join just because their MMR is low and newer players cant even fight back because after 5 games they cant level up. It's insane! Please fix this...this is coming from a player who has experienced both sides of the argument.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Capped XP is a major flaw
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:33:16 PM
Hello Alex2199,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your concerns, we really appreciate your approach. When we implemented these changes, we took into account a lof of factors.

Usually new players don't play too much. Before the Prizes Galore update, they leveled up faster but they didn't have the resources to obtain items. In this way, the goal was to balance out the system.

As for the matchmaking, we are making some changes to reduce the queue times and give more substance to levels and tiers, but we are still testing so it's going to take some time to apply.

We'll let you guys know as soon as it's ready. Thank you! :)