Author Topic: Turn off narrator voice only  (Read 5214 times)

Primevil657

• View Profile
Turn off narrator voice only
on: August 07, 2019, 02:02:54 AM
I would love this option because as antag, I get tired of hearing how worthless I am and how much I'm unappreciated. It makes me angry and only makes me rage that much more when playing as antag. I wanna hear everyone talking but I dont want to hear his bs role.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Turn off narrator voice only
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 02:34:00 AM
there is this :
option --> audio --> voices.
but of course it adjusts ALL voices.

Primevil657

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 03:14:00 AM
That's where it saddens me. I love hearing the characters talk and the story behind their way of speech, It also saddens me that they thought putting a player down cause they aren't killing a bunch of players that overwhelm them was a good idea. ESPECIALLY when the dev's stated that they are supposed to lose. If we are suppose to lose, why put us down like that? It's really discomforting and rather harsh. At the end of the game, I wanna know that I gave them hell. Not that I'm worthless bag of sh**.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 03:27:44 AM
well, what you call narrator is not a narrator.
it's beherith voice, the one who "clones" a raider to send it as antag.
so when you play antag, you are just a creation of uras beherith. and since he is not really a nice guys it treats you like shit.
and yes sometimes it's boring ^^
but when you kill them bad, sometimes he has a nice word too. =)

Primevil657

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 03:49:46 AM
Pff. That's like saying a bear can be nice by not clawing you so hard when he eats you. XD.

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 05:53:21 PM
I agree with OP. Don't be pedantic, he/she has a valid point. World building is one thing, but this is not fun, it's insulting and demotivating.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 06:38:56 PM
and don't be repetitive. mostly when you are talking nonsens... where do you see pedantism ?

immortanjoe

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:07 PM
I agree that we should have the option of muting Uras Beherit totally.

Someone named Gamer suggested this on the Discord and was downvoted more than upvoted so I tried to back him up there to show that some people DO want this. Then the mod said my post wasn't ADDING a new suggestion, so they immediately deleted it and I had to post in the general chat where I could not gain any traction of course because of how fast the chat moves. I hope this post does something, because it is one of the most annoying things in the game.

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 06:13:09 PM
And most of the times the mean comments don’t even make sense gameplay wise, the antag could go on a 10-raider killstreak and die with the same mean comment as if the antag didn’t even earn a single kill. He doesn’t change his comments based on how good the antag is doing.

I wished that Uras Beherit would say those same degrading things towards the raiders if the antag was dominanting like in the character select screen where it reveals the antag to the raiders saying things like, your “as* is grass” and calling them worms like in his boss fight. That way it would feel more balanced on where the mean comments should be, on players doing poorly.

Guilla

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 04:19:49 PM
I agree we should be able to mute Uras Beherit.

I actually will get up and leave my TV after a loss, not because of the loss, but because I don't enjoy the ridiculing afterwards. And sit back down, and que up to get ridiculed again.