Author Topic: Weapon concept for Aneska  (Read 3372 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Weapon concept for Aneska
on: August 04, 2019, 11:27:19 PM
I love Aneska and all of her weapons. However, I find myself not using her mech all though much other than just a barricade against Shae antagonist or like a Kuzmann trap.

The weapon concept has no name as of right now. The base fire works just like a normal gun perhaps something like one of Konstantin's guns. A normal Gatling Gun: rapid fire, med damage, med range the works. Whenever her mech is deployed her smoke grenades will cause the mech to fall to the ground and crawl to that position pushing enemies in its path and at the end of its direction the mech will pick its self up and slash around doing area damage preferably a larger among of damage then its normal slashes.

Now for those who may think this sounds overpowered, let me explain a few possibilities. For example the mech will always take the shortest path available. Perhaps make it to where you can only shoot the smoke grenade a certain distance away from the mech. The only reason I say this is because I desire her mech to have some mobility verses just a big target on the playing field while also sticking with Aneska original purpose of the raider roster.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Weapon concept for Aneska
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:52:01 PM
Ideally you don't want to take another raiders gun type and apply it to another (least likely to be considered that way, not that I think there taking any idea at all.) but If you meant to in the sense that there is a load up time and the gun continues to fire until the ammo runs out or overheats....I get that. I'm just saying a Mini-gun specifically might be stretching it.

But the main point of your idea isnt the gun but the Mech itself. I'd imagine they'd want to work with a concept that's simpler to do. I'm saying that because I think creating a whole animation for a gun is too much work and money. An alternative to your idea is that your Mech will leap away and plummet with a damaging AOE push effect on the area you shot the gas canister at.

JERICHO_942

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 05:27:25 PM
Damn that is cool. It would be even greater if equipping this gun would double/tripple the melee damage of Mech's attacks so he won't be such a scrappy anymore!

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 05:40:12 PM
I would prefer if the grenade effect of the gun just caused the mech to self destruct and deal huge damage to anything near it including aneska herself for balance purposes. Sounds op but you still need to collect batteries to do it again which serves as a cooldown. Also the damage of the explosion should be affected by how much health the mech has left. Unfortunately this will probably never happen since 99% of suggestions are thrown into the trash.

Butterbuff

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 07:34:57 AM
I neato idea for this would be for the gun to fire slashes at targets (like Issac Clarke’s plasma cutter) keeping up with her character as a crowd damage dealer and the smoke bomb causes the Mech next 10-15 attacks to have extended range, damage, and attack speed with the added effect that it would cause a secondary explosions like in her boss fight