Author Topic: Lower MMR Difficulty  (Read 12238 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Lower MMR Difficulty
Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 08:21:40 PM
i don't know what ki is, but as far as i know, or at least from what i have understood, if the antag's mmr is high and raiders' mmr is low, monster will be weak.
on the contrary, if antag's mmr is low but raiders' mmr is high, monsters will be strong.
regardless of the strength of antag or raiders themselves.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:33:57 PM by sonofoz »

StanLeeCubeBrick

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 03:29:22 AM
I agree about confusing MMR but with guns most games let you know damage, range, fire rate, accuracy/range, damage fall off, armor piercing, etc in a chart type format.  Like how much more damage does the Hornet do than the Smerch.  I have no idea.

I would say they were going for something more along the lines of Overwatch than Warframe. I don't think your decision making process in which guns to use is meant to be based on macro stats. I believe they want you to choose a weapon based on it's abilities, and then adjust to that play style while finding a way to make it fit in tandem with the CQC melee system. H.I.V.E.'s starting weapon, for instance, makes it easy to ensure you are infecting specific enemies, but the RACEME offers a longer range for her life drain. The trade off being it is a bit harder to use, and has a lower clip capacity. Her PLAGUE rifle, on the other hand, can penetrate walls and also empty a full clip in close combat to ensure infection. If I use PLAGUE on Hanging By A Thread, for instance, I can infect an antag through the floor if he/she is on the second level, thereby assisting a team mate who may be in the middle of an encounter with them.

I don't meant to sound condescending, but again, I think Mercury Steam designed the weapons around their function first and foremost. Sure you can bring up certain stats like crit damage, damage done to players or AI enemies, but in general those percentages act more like indicators to me about how I can slightly modify a specific weapon's usefulness in certain situations.

I don't think this is meant to be a game about math, where my numbers beat your numbers, but unfortunately uneven matchmaking, where a purple tier 1 antag can go against much lower levels, can make it seem that way.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 12:23:29 PM
I agree about confusing MMR but with guns most games let you know damage, range, fire rate, accuracy/range, damage fall off, armor piercing, etc in a chart type format.  Like how much more damage does the Hornet do than the Smerch.  I have no idea.

I would say they were going for something more along the lines of Overwatch than Warframe. I don't think your decision making process in which guns to use is meant to be based on macro stats. I believe they want you to choose a weapon based on it's abilities, and then adjust to that play style while finding a way to make it fit in tandem with the CQC melee system. H.I.V.E.'s starting weapon, for instance, makes it easy to ensure you are infecting specific enemies, but the RACEME offers a longer range for her life drain. The trade off being it is a bit harder to use, and has a lower clip capacity. Her PLAGUE rifle, on the other hand, can penetrate walls and also empty a full clip in close combat to ensure infection. If I use PLAGUE on Hanging By A Thread, for instance, I can infect an antag through the floor if he/she is on the second level, thereby assisting a team mate who may be in the middle of an encounter with them.

I don't meant to sound condescending, but again, I think Mercury Steam designed the weapons around their function first and foremost. Sure you can bring up certain stats like crit damage, damage done to players or AI enemies, but in general those percentages act more like indicators to me about how I can slightly modify a specific weapon's usefulness in certain situations.

I don't think this is meant to be a game about math, where my numbers beat your numbers, but unfortunately uneven matchmaking, where a purple tier 1 antag can go against much lower levels, can make it seem that way.

Overwatch you can change characters mid match.  You are just highlighting brokeness in this game where the  match can be over before it starts with hard counters that you are stuck with.  In overwatch if you know the hard counters and can flex you can turn a match right around real quick.

In overwatch you don't buy guns.  I don't understand your comparison.

And your excuse is unsatisfactory to why I can't see stats.
https://overwatch.guide/heroes/hanzo/
there's all your stats for overwatch.

I'm glad you brought this up, because maybe you should be able to switch characters mid match.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:04:15 PM by ScimitarSlice »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 05:32:51 PM

This is not like Overwatch at all, in OW you don't receive bonuses based on your level, you can't modify your weapons to deal more damage than the other person, I'm sure you can't even make different guns for characters, there's no "one hit kill" builds.

Making a gun have 0% crit chance or 40% is not a slight difference, the same with a weapon with 0 to 36% more damage. If you don't want to get handed by 300 HP machinegunners or OP antagonists, you better pump up those numbers.

Nope. Even purple tier 1 can be one shot by certain builds, it has nothing to do with matchmaking.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 12:36:20 AM
Still no Dev response yet, huh? Dang. I haven't played in a while. I got my MMR down pretty low, in the teens I think. But, if I play with my freind and we get randos with 40 MMR then we will get a game with an average MMR of the 30s. And as far as I know they haven't fixed anything with the difficulty yet so I still haven't logged on. Until we get a squad of 3 or 4 players with all insanely low MMRs it will be a shit show.

Sometimes I start to log in, but then I think, "Ah...I changed my mind, I don't feel like dealing with bullshit and stress." as I remember the last time I played the game and horribly unfun it was with the massive mobs, high health and high damage in the 30% range.

Remnant is around the corner, and it's basically a horror like Spacelords but with dedicated PvE. I like the characters here better than that game so I'm hoping they can improve things here.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 01:50:39 AM
Sometimes I start to log in, but then I think, "Ah...I changed my mind, I don't feel like dealing with bullshit and stress." as I remember the last time I played the game and horribly unfun it was with the massive mobs, high health and high damage in the 30% range.

Remnant is around the corner, and it's basically a horror like Spacelords but with dedicated PvE. I like the characters here better than that game so I'm hoping they can improve things here.

For some reason my PC started freaking out when I boot the game. lol Maybe it's trying to tell me something.

I've seen the Remnant trailer, the gameplay looks cool, but the chracters are quite boring compared to Spacelords.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 03:26:04 AM
Still no Dev response yet, huh? Dang. I haven't played in a while. I got my MMR down pretty low, in the teens I think. But, if I play with my freind and we get randos with 40 MMR then we will get a game with an average MMR of the 30s. And as far as I know they haven't fixed anything with the difficulty yet so I still haven't logged on. Until we get a squad of 3 or 4 players with all insanely low MMRs it will be a shit show.

I feel the same everytime I try to start up this game i remember all the bullshit and just close it. I know at one point I had fun in spacelords but now all I feel is anger and disappointment. They were making some good progress with the blueprint and reward systems, but then they turn around to shit all over it. Now we're back to the same issues we had before except they figured out a way to make them 10x worst.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 08:11:19 AM

Meanwhile at MercurySteam...

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 01:48:55 PM

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 03:45:03 AM

Meanwhile at MercurySteam...

ARNOLD!! Scorn?!?! You are a man of fine taste and expansive imagination. Hats off to you sir. This game needs more attention for the most original thing I've ever seen since H.R. Geiger and Zdzisław Beksiński.

Daimien06660

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 08:45:50 PM
I was just playing Antag (MMR35) and getting shitstomped for the last 5 matches. I’m was stewing in the flaming dumpster of Raiders that do so much damage in a single gunshot they do not down me but splatter me all over the ground/walls, Ad spawns are almost nonexistent and when they do appear, they are totally useless. Elite’s aren’t even a momentary distraction and when I do get a chance to do something my gun feels like it’s full of pillow stuffing and I get one punched in CQC.  Then after the results screen on my fifth match I get the "You are being penalized for quitting". Here’s the thing I DID'T QUIT!
There is a difference between getting instgibbed as the antag and quitting Mercury Steam. One is leaving the match before it's completion and the other is your SHITTY MATCHMAKEING!!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 09:09:24 PM
I was just playing Antag (MMR35) and getting shitstomped for the last 5 matches. I’m was stewing in the flaming dumpster of Raiders that do so much damage in a single gunshot they do not down me but splatter me all over the ground/walls, Ad spawns are almost nonexistent and when they do appear, they are totally useless. Elite’s aren’t even a momentary distraction and when I do get a chance to do something my gun feels like it’s full of pillow stuffing and I get one punched in CQC.  Then after the results screen on my fifth match I get the "You are being penalized for quitting". Here’s the thing I DID'T QUIT!
There is a difference between getting instgibbed as the antag and quitting Mercury Steam. One is leaving the match before it's completion and the other is your SHITTY MATCHMAKEING!!!

Was it Konstantin with o.Shtorm? Because that has been an issue lately for a lot of folks.

Daimien06660

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 10:06:42 PM
No Konstantin I got gibbed by Iune (Blink), Aneska, Mikah (with exploding bullets?), Hans (using Usu-21), Valeria (her gun the Earthing not power)
I use Hans my guns don’t do damage like that and Valeria my Earthing is a joke if I don’t use the shockwave. But of Corse I get to Antag people that have their guns at forge Level 10+ when I can only get mt guns to 5. So, it’s like I’m attacking them with harsh langue and they get to respond with bricks.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 12:17:11 PM
Hi guys,

We are balancing the missions' difficulty on the Heavy Metal update, but we're going to investigate it in case there's something else.

Thank you very much in advance.