Author Topic: Lower MMR Difficulty  (Read 12235 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Lower MMR Difficulty
on: August 03, 2019, 07:31:10 AM
You have WAY too many spawns at lower MMRs. I had 5 missions in a row that wwre absolutely no fun at and they were all in the 30% range. TOO many grunts, TOO many elites, TOO much health for low MMR and TOO much damage for low MMR. I notice it doesn't adjust these values much when an antag is present. The matches are 30 minutes or longer. And the rewards are not worth that long of a game and with no entertainment value at that.

PLEASE do something about your MMR difficulty. I am forced to lower MMR even further than usual now just to enjoy myself as a Raider. Keep in mind I don't active antag and have a clean reputation of never fighting against raiders when I lower MMR and so I am not one of those antags who lower MMR to have an easy time against Raiders.

But this is a HUGE problem. I had THE WORST time playing this same that I've had in a LONG time. I find it hard to say good things about this game or to even log on after todays horrid experience.

I'm not sure what you guys are trying to do exactly with this game and what the purpose of these changes was but it feels REAL bad.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Re: Lower MMR Difficulty
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 08:02:18 PM
Played "A Weapon From the Past" at 34% difficulty, picked Valeria. The first time I tried to shoot the squid, 4 shotgunners spawn right beside me, Valeria can't outrun them so I get stunlocked to death, shooting back doesn't work since they have more than 150 HP each.

In the second part the shittiest Wardog had more than 200 HP it took two explosions from Earthing to kill them. The Doldren in the team wasn't chasing the elites so it had parts there were so many explosive shots from elites I couldn't see a thing, and it got worse when they had Aleph.

I feel that at 30% MMR we need to have a tight team of Raiders just to clear the mission with minimum casualties, this without an antagonist. It shouldn't be the case, 30% should be very easy to easy difficulty.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 09:04:35 PM
You godda ask the question; How does MSE view new player experiences on these low MMRs? We're talking about players with zero to very low passive stats to mitigate weapon and melee damage or deal it. Players with incredible low to no forge level on their weapons. Who most likely don't have the more advance BP and just the basic weapons. And finally only a basic knowledge of the game coming in. How are they able to deal with the difficulty of these MMRs that are supposedly supposed to be at their level when tier 1 players with max passives and forges are having a challenge from it? Is this a glitch? A mistake? I'd like to hear what MSE says on this. And if on purpose then how they consolidate the idea of new players having to deal with these new difficulties. And if it overall healthy for the game.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 01:42:10 AM
Right? It's pretty usual seeing veteran players having to carry matches with low levels, clearing the entire map, doing objectives. Can't even blame the newbies, they probably need an entire magazine to kill one of the most basic mobs, and they come in packs of 2 to 3 most of the time.

I remember Warframe had a reddit page showing the calculations for the enemy armor of every faction and what weapon mods you should use to fight them effectively(Warframe also has tabs for different loadouts, so you don't need to reconfigure your mods. Heh). Here we can't even grasp how the mission difficulty works.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 05:14:38 PM
I remember Warframe had a reddit page showing the calculations for the enemy armor of every faction and what weapon mods you should use to fight them effectively(Warframe also has tabs for different loadouts, so you don't need to reconfigure your mods. Heh). Here we can't even grasp how the mission difficulty works.

The secret mysteriousness is probably intentional to get people hooked.  Instead of studying chart for 5 minutes to figure things out you have to try and play 5 rounds to try figure out what works.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 10:35:27 PM
The secret mysteriousness is probably intentional to get people hooked.  Instead of studying chart for 5 minutes to figure things out you have to try and play 5 rounds to try figure out what works.

"Figure out what works"
Yeah, pick your highest damage gun and fire at the enemy.

I'm not talking about that, I'm saying that even with a more diverse damage and armor types you can still look at Warframe in a objective stand point, meanwhile Spacelords has simple combat mechanics, yet no one can figure out how its difficulty works.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 12:12:58 PM
I agree about confusing MMR but with guns most games let you know damage, range, fire rate, accuracy/range, damage fall off, armor piercing, etc in a chart type format.  Like how much more damage does the Hornet do than the Smerch.  I have no idea.

Daimien06660

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 12:32:52 AM
I agree I have been at between 34- 40 MMR and have been STUCK on the mission "The Mouse and Snake" for TWO WEEKS!!

I like a challenge but in those two weeks I have only seen the boss fight twice. I'm not saying the mission has to change but I timed it about every 15 seconds more dropships come in and crap out a new load of bullet sponge’s to swarm us and the elites ability to ignore the rock paper scissor CQC and insta-kill as they spawn in the middle of an encounter with 3 F*&KING beholders.

In the last run I did (34MMR) two people were just doing ad clearing and the others were shooting the beholders and helping with ads. this was working until the spawns seem to ramp up to compensate and elites started dropping out of the sky in the kill animation.

At one point during the fight against Valeria there were more elites then normal enemies by at least 2 to1. if I wasn't Konstantin It would have been game over right there (we still failed).

Is there some way to normalize the base player damage or the enemy health? (It feels like my gun is filled with marshmallows and fluffy pillows one match and then the next run I have a delete button in my hands. )
Is it necessary to have 3 beholders and over 50 rapidly respawning enemies? (No, no it is not)

Personally, I would like the big boi elites powered down a bit. make them not spawn in doing the kill shot animation FALLING FROM THE SKY! (everyone has been a victim of this it is bullshite.) and the I have CQC immunity and I'm gunna get ya. attack they do can be unfair and I wonder if all three factions should have the same attack strategy. It makes sense for the wardogs but why do the other two also do it? The fifth council raiders all have CC abilities, but the elites just stroll up to you and beat your face in? Hades Division at least has the commanders that call in air strikes but then the linebackers just come charging in behind them.

Back the difficulty down for lower MMR players. I’m not saying make it easy I am saying don’t spawn a Warframe number of ads during a boss or mini boss encounter.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 01:01:02 AM
2weeks to make a mission seems pretty long bro. oO
invite me tomorrow we will finish it...

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 01:41:26 AM
"you're mine! You hear me! Mine! Aghhhhh!!" and "I'm gonna get ya, so you might as well give up now! Aghhhh!" and of course "hungry...hungryyy!!" will instil so much fear that you anticipate a hundreds of them coming in. that's what happened on no reservations and destroyer of world's for me.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 05:10:38 PM
I agree I have been at between 34- 40 MMR and have been STUCK on the mission "The Mouse and Snake" for TWO WEEKS!!
2 weeks? This is way too much.

I agree, they should take it easy with the respawn, sometimes you end killing one guy and 2 more take his place.

SixKnight

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 01:32:08 PM
so I'm not crazy about missions feeling harder than before, I was up at 38% MMR and I'm down to 34%, it's felt like the damage from grunts has been way higher and that the spawn rate has been through the roof on some missions.

Hortgrinder

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 07:06:41 PM
so I'm not crazy about missions feeling harder than before

i played the last weeks and im around lvl 65 with 40%(+/-5%), the ki-spawn gets crazy in some last phases, it ends up in killing massive waves of them (Q and E is on cooldown xD but i keep punshing and shooting 360* with an  >:( face), after 10 minutes the lifes are gone. the low lvl antag suicides in with h.i.v.e or what else doesn`t really matter what he takes if he can score some cqc kills to reduce the lifepool but i`m sure he has  the  :D face on when he look at us how hard we are fighting to keep the mission on. best so far, 3 max Player and one low (me) no antag are loosing against ki because the are no room to do the mission without 3 elites punshing you in the nuts, 2 sniper are aiming at your brain  and 10 grunts shooting all around in every possible direction. its my experience so far and it happens often... i keep the >:( on, if you can understand lol

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 07:18:06 PM
its my experience so far and it happens often...
oh yeah... far too often...

Hortgrinder

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 07, 2019, 07:49:21 PM
as an antag with max lvl and/or high mmr the ki gets worse, i´m right?
the antag needs to get "tryhard" or more if he wants a win because of that easy mission difficulty... so i need to worry if i see the low antag.
shooting a boss with konstantin for example takes now 3-4k bulletts or what should i expect, waiting for the enemy player to win over time, he slowly feeds on our lifes and grunts are doing the rest, well i will find it out (i know it already psst)  ;D