Author Topic: Game seriosly needs voice/text chat  (Read 5888 times)

Lucifuge

• View Profile
Game seriosly needs voice/text chat
on: August 02, 2019, 06:54:46 PM
Yes, this topic again
Game seriosly needs voice/text chat, not this orders thingy
Whatching some -/6 not knowing, that he has to press F to extact, running around like headless fly and dying over and over again for more than a minute is horrendous experience

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: Game seriosly needs voice/text chat
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 07:17:03 PM
Yes, this topic again
Whatching some -/6 not knowing, that he has to press F to extact, running around like headless fly and dying over and over again for more than a minute is horrendous experience

When it comes to extraction phases, we're remaking the extraction zone visual FX, so it's more easily understood by new players. This will be part of an undetermined future patch, we'll let you know in the patch notes when it gets added to the game.  :)

Asmun

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:35:28 PM
With all due respect, Ojuel, you're missing the point. The comment about a noob being unable to figure out how to extract was simply an arbitrary example of why it seems so counter-intuitive to not have a simple voice/text chat system. I could list dozens of similar examples that have nothing to do with extraction, where just having the ability to type or say a single sentence would have turned a complete loss into a victory. Again, the devs have even said themselves that they know the players want a better communication system, and the recent change was not that. What's worse is that I still have never seen an MSE post even attempting to explain why there wasn't a chat system on this game from day 1. If you want this game to survive, you guys need to start taking steps in the right direction, the direction the actual players want, and adding voice and/or text chat would be a huge one.

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:23:23 PM
With all due respect, Ojuel, you're missing the point. The comment about a noob being unable to figure out how to extract was simply an arbitrary example of why it seems so counter-intuitive to not have a simple voice/text chat system. I could list dozens of similar examples that have nothing to do with extraction, where just having the ability to type or say a single sentence would have turned a complete loss into a victory. Again, the devs have even said themselves that they know the players want a better communication system, and the recent change was not that. What's worse is that I still have never seen an MSE post even attempting to explain why there wasn't a chat system on this game from day 1. If you want this game to survive, you guys need to start taking steps in the right direction, the direction the actual players want, and adding voice and/or text chat would be a huge one.

I think at some point we explained the approach we took in order to decide an ingame comunication system that'd suit the game. If we did not, I can totally explain it now! :)

The current ingame communication system is meant to work as a mission context-dependant way of sending messages that: works in all kind of matches (both in uni-platform and cross-platform matches), has no language barriers + doesn't allow for an inappropriate use (eg harassment, saying mean words...etc.).

If you feel like there may be some sentences missing in the comm system please let us know which are the ones.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:24:55 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:25:37 PM
Yes, this topic again

When it comes to extraction phases, we're remaking the extraction zone visual FX, so it's more easily understood by new players. This will be part of an undetermined future patch, we'll let you know in the patch notes when it gets added to the game.  :)

BTW, no more "undetermination", this change will be live when the Heavy Metal update kicks in!

Lehi

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 06:43:04 PM

If you feel like there may be some sentences missing in the comm system please let us know which are the ones.

“Come with me”, please. This is used to be very versatile and trigger a team up.

Xinderoth

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 11:05:44 AM
Raider Voice/Text chat with the option of muting other players would be a great plus for this game.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 01:58:36 PM

I think at some point we explained the approach we took in order to decide an ingame comunication system that'd suit the game. If we did not, I can totally explain it now! :)

The current ingame communication system is meant to work as a mission context-dependant way of sending messages that: works in all kind of matches (both in uni-platform and cross-platform matches), has no language barriers + doesn't allow for an inappropriate use (eg harassment, saying mean words...etc.).

It's hard to build a community in a game that doesn't allow players to communicate with each other. Not to mention a community like this one that is hemorrhaging players. Not everyone wants to be here or on that toxic discord. Let people chat in-game. If people get rude, mute and report. If other, much more infinitely popular games are surviving this, so can this one.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:34:24 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 09:27:00 PM
I haven't played paladins in a while but I liked their com system.  There were like 60 combos with the D-Pad that were useful strategically but also just friendly and funny memes too.  Granted it took memorization and practice but as someone who doesn't like using a mic, I loved it.

"sorry"
"thanks"
"ok"
"group up"
"follow me"
"defend the objective"
"i need healing"
"my ultimate is ready"
"i'll attack right flank"
"i'll attack up the middle"
etc

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 12:55:02 PM
I haven't played paladins in a while but I liked their com system.  There were like 60 combos with the D-Pad that were useful strategically but also just friendly and funny memes too.  Granted it took memorization and practice but as someone who doesn't like using a mic, I loved it.

"sorry"
"thanks"
"ok"
"group up"
"follow me"
"defend the objective"
"i need healing"
"my ultimate is ready"
"i'll attack right flank"
"i'll attack up the middle"
etc

Me too. And they actually give you the option to use that alongside using mic and text.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 05:24:10 PM
we mostly lack the "follow me" (or group up) command and the possibility to give named order.

for example "someone must kill turrets elites" is good.

but "wtf are you doing harec ?? it's your fckg job to kill those bastards of turrets elite, you useless mthr fckr !!"
is definitely more precise and usefull.