Author Topic: The Protector, New Aleph System & Antag Command  (Read 2310 times)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
The Protector, New Aleph System & Antag Command
on: August 01, 2019, 02:25:06 PM
This is a general conversation of our experiences on those topics.

The Protector.
From what I seen from an Antagonist perspective, That secondary shield he gets is a nice buff for him, it really reduced the damaged I gave him (Granted I wasnt trying to actually kill him).  It makes me wonder how well he could stand now against the strongest of weapons. My guess is he will no longer be  insta-killed with one magazine now at least.

New Aleph System.
Now that those things are popping up in random places in sets of two (sometimes just 1) I've  Noticed that players are getting high amounts of Aleph each Really fast. On waiting to see how the protectors Shields now hold up I was Surprised to see that without a few minutes into the match that every player had 4,5,2,5 Alephs and I thought, like damn ok. And the Protector was found real quick.

Antag Command System.
This is interesting, I only get three minions, not all of them and they seem to have a separate cooldown for each one when they die.  But aside you need to use them carefully cause they go down real quick. Strategies I've tried using so far.
*sending them out to a lone sniper. (fail. Only  distract said sniper for a few seconds)

*send them to a target, wait till they all group up and charge with them.

*When two raiders are paired up, distract one of them with all 3 and attack the other raider.

Questions regarding minions.
*I don't understand at what points do you get access to all 3 of them. It didn't occur to me that you don't get all 3 from the start when I did the mission White Noise. I only was able to command 1. then later when they progress a little I had access to the 2nd then later the 3rd.  Does this occur for mission progress or how long you stay spawned in game.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:34:16 PM by Angeles2099 »

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: The Protector, New Aleph System & Antag Command
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 03:23:29 PM
I think I figured out some of the problems. I learned that when you spam a target with all 3 minions rapidly, all 3 minions become unavailable and the UI goes red.
What I haven't figured out is why is it that sometimes while waiting for them to load up....they don't.

On a positive note, I think a very general rule of thumb for this new comm system is to send out minions to not only that one raider that goes Lone Wolf but when that lone wolf is distracted on a completely different target ergo Squids, Aneska's Missile strike, Minelayers.....what ever. As usual before this patch being kicked by 3 + minions usually means death even without an elite so if you want a kill without showing up you kinda need to choose when to send them out.

Xito

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 10:25:24 PM
Hi!

You have 3 orders available if it is possible.

The number of possible orders changes with different things:
    - Number of grunts available. (In phases there are two factions, it just selects the faction that end up winning this battle).
    - Number of grunts without an order assigned.  When you assign an order, this grunt obeys this order until he accomplishes or fails the mission.
    - You can cancel every order pressing 'B' on Orders Menu.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 03:34:09 AM
Hi!

You have 3 orders available if it is possible.

The number of possible orders changes with different things:
    - Number of grunts available. (In phases there are two factions, it just selects the faction that end up winning this battle).
    - Number of grunts without an order assigned.  When you assign an order, this grunt obeys this order until he accomplishes or fails the mission.
    - You can cancel every order pressing 'B' on Orders Menu.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. :)