Author Topic: My experience with Equilibrium  (Read 1473 times)

Kefal

• View Profile
My experience with Equilibrium
on: August 01, 2019, 02:22:42 PM
First of all, I like the idea of Equilibrium - you and your clan work together to get everyone as much XP as you can, feeling like you are great necessary evil when you play Antag so other don't have to if they don't want. Although I always felt forced to play Atag if I want to level faster, and Equilibrium is almost always leans to the left side, it's OK because I love playing both 4v1 and 1v5.

But my experience got weird after adding clans, and very weird after Prizes Galore. I created my clan, filled it with random people, and left for some time. When I came back, Equilibrium was far left, and there were these 19 Raider mains whom I couldn't kick. Well, they were not active players, but that's another reason why I want to kick them. I can't fix it, nor tell people how to play the game. I left my own clan, joining and leaving clans until I find one with good XP bonus, to offer my services as traveling Antag. If they screw the Equilibrium, I go somewhere else.

Lifehack: you can make a clan just for yourself, and manage the Equilibrium alone. At least you could when clans were added, probably still works.

Then, Prizes Galore kicked in. Now first few missions give tons of XP and Gold, missions after that - less. I generally like the system, but it made my decision making as Equilibrium keeper harder. I'm an experienced Atag, but playing as Raider is almost guaranteed victory, while Antag is risky. If you want to level as Antag, you need to earn certain amount of XP, so you have a choice - play first game as Antag, to earn more XP, but possibly lose more Gold, or play him later, but you will have to play more matches, and it's hard to find a game as Antag, especially if you want to play on every map for the End Of Month reward. But maybe I can win what I've lost with a Pot. Or maybe I try to take the Pot as Antag? Also, Blueprints! They make decisions even harder!

I like this process of decision making, but with all the systems in the game it got too complicated. Equilibrium needs some kind of change. Maybe count games played, and not XP. Or remove it entirely, because End Of Month rewards already give us reason to play Antag.