Author Topic: New "natural aleph deposit" system.  (Read 17606 times)

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Re: New "natural aleph deposit" system.
Reply #30 on: August 04, 2019, 05:16:22 PM
I still don't understand why it needed to be changed.  The only answer i've seen is that it's an experimental phase.  This begs the question, why does there need to be an experimental phase.  Paladins is a vvery succusful F2P and has no item pickups at all.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 04, 2019, 06:15:47 PM
And Paladins had how many card system? At least two? I remember sometime ago it changed to something a lot of ppl didn't like it cause it was very close to p2w stuff. And they change it again. And its not like was a long time ago. One or two year max.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 04, 2019, 06:51:40 PM
We are not talking about cards.  I was just citing an example of a commercially successful game that has no dropping items to pickup, in case MSE reason to have item drop pickups was to get more players and make more money. 

No  answer to my question, just deflection to other problems other games have for some reason.  No one complained about the original aleph system.  In fact, it looks like the majority prefers the old system.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 04, 2019, 07:17:29 PM
Its an in-game system, just like aleph in raiders. That was changed back and forth in that successful product of yours. And it was changed even after release. How is that not the same situation? I use same Paladins to show you that experimental stages happens in any games. And i even use Paladins after you use them.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 05, 2019, 11:55:27 AM
Changes paladins made are irrelevant to the conversation.  The point I am making and you are ignoring is that a game can have success and lots of players without dropping items to pickup. 

You are conflating two different issues.  Saying Paladins changed their card system is not a satisfactory answer as to why Spacelords changed the aleph.  Apples and oranges and too many other variables.  Has spacelords playerbase exploded due to the new aleph?  I don't think so.  People complain and did they change it back?  And the card system gives small buffs to cooldowns and stuff.  It doesn't completely alter the gameplay like the alephs.

Why did they have to experiment and change the aleph.  "because  paladins changed cards" - unsatisfactory answer.  Still i have no answer.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:58:02 AM by ScimitarSlice »

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 05, 2019, 12:19:15 PM
So what exactly you don't like in new system then? And why there shouldn't be a new system?

Also how about that. Now even low lvl ppl who had troubles dealing with ads before can just run and collect aleph for mission?
How about that its a buff for antags. Now that's first they can grab aleph without going for raiders, they can deny aleph from raiders and finally raiders more or less need to split up they forces to collect aleph making it less possible to go murder ball on antag?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:55:29 PM by SergeyKosinskiy »

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 05, 2019, 03:33:39 PM
well that is interesting, but I wish they could fix those issues without taking away the funnest and most satisfying part of the game imo.  I don't think that's the reason though.  I think they just want to make the game more like super mario brothers because of course everyone loves super mario brothers.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 05, 2019, 04:25:37 PM
and finally raiders more or less need to split up they forces to collect aleph making it less possible to go murder ball on antag?

i'm not so sure of that serg.
from what i have seen, as raiders doesn't have to run around to kill elites, they tend to stay more packed than before imo.
well, they did in the majority of my games these days at least.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 05, 2019, 05:02:10 PM
i'm not so sure of that serg.
from what i have seen, as raiders doesn't have to run around to kill elites, they tend to stay more packed than before imo.
well, they did in the majority of my games these days at least.

Pretty much, they also have no need to punch them to death, so they just concentrate fire from afar. Having a trigger happy Harec/Shae on the team is good now.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 05, 2019, 08:08:03 PM
Well ideally i would give elites old aleph treatment. Punch, get aleph inside. Right now only thing they do is give hp and immune frames.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 07, 2019, 01:59:36 AM
Well ideally i would give elites old aleph treatment. Punch, get aleph inside. Right now only thing they do is give hp and immune frames.

I know right.  That part was like popping bubble wrap.  It felt perfect.