Author Topic: MSE Please just give us an antagonist option.  (Read 3767 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
MSE Please just give us an antagonist option.
on: July 31, 2019, 07:03:49 AM
MSE,

We've been asking for a long time now to give us the option of playing against an antagonist. This is our biggest gripe with MSE, even more than gold, faction, xp and blueprint nerfing.
Many of us see the antagonist in an incredibly overpowered situation. Either:

1. The antag increases their MMR to play in overpowered environment enemy missions against T1 R1 teams and mopping the floor clean with them.
or
2. The antag keeps MMR low so as to drop down to a normal power environment, to obliterate T2 R5/6 teams, courtesy of Build 10 weapons compared to the 0-2 builds of the raiders.

This mechanic is clearly in place so as to drastically push the antagonist element in Spacelords. Many people do not like this. It's ruining the enjoyment of many.

All we are asking for is the choice of playing a mission with, or without an antagonist. That's it. A switch, in game, antag or no antag. A simple choice. You can then look at game statistics and you'll find, overwhelmingly, people are opting to play without an antag. You can then push your game down the raider route. You won't then need to removethe antag mechanic, just have a dedicated raider- no antag and a raider-antag system.

Seriously MSE, there's nothing worse than losing a game to a mechanic, no one asked for and no one wanted. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:08:00 AM by Marcus4471 »

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Re: MSE Please just give us an antagonist option.
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 07:58:05 AM
That's not how mmr works. They don't increase mmr to get harder enemy. They lower mmr to give higher mmr raiders  harder enemy. Its works by difference in mmr between raiders and antag. And if antag higher mission is easier.

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:26:20 PM
This screws people who like playing Antagonist. I would understand if this game was as popular as COD or Apex Legends but its not so dividing the fanbase would screw Antagonist over.

Sure playing a Raider doesent take long in my experience but playing Antag takes forever to find a match. I dont get how anybody can find the Antagonist OP, I play with a 47% MMR and if the Raiders group up its impossible for me and if they dont I have a slight chance at winning.

Personally I think lower MMR and higher MMR should have drastic reward differences so people stop lowering their MMR cause it's ridiculous i have to have useless grunts and low boss health just because people say they're getting the same rewards on a lower MMR but quicker.

More incentive to raise there MMR and the game can finally be balanced. I cant wait for the Master Of Puppets update

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 09:57:56 PM
This screws people who like playing Antagonist.
The current system screws over those who like playing as raider, those that are low lvl, that are trying new characters, those that want to only pve, those that are trying to obtain a blueprint, etc, the current system screws over way more ppl in favour of just antags, plus throwing ppl into a pvp queue against their will just to fill in spots for pvp’ers has never been a valid excuse, even if the developers themselves claim so, as is the case here.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 02:36:34 AM
...nonsens...
except for those who are trying new characters, who can have bad surprises, and those who want only pve.
but what the points coming in a pvp game when you want only pve...?

TheNobleWolf

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 11:10:29 AM
I dont know how you could play the levels over and over as a Raider without an Antagonist. You want to farm bots for what? Gold to increase weapon damage so you can one shot them? That has to be so boring, at least an Antagonist spices it up and is the defining feature of the game.

Play Destiny if you want a team of 4 to fight a boss at the end without an Antagonist. It's a great game and sounds like what people who dont like Antags would like.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 11:29:08 AM
I dont know how you could play the levels over and over as a Raider without an Antagonist. You want to farm bots for what? Gold to increase weapon damage so you can one shot them? That has to be so boring, at least an Antagonist spices it up and is the defining feature of the game.

Play Destiny if you want a team of 4 to fight a boss at the end without an Antagonist. It's a great game and sounds like what people who dont like Antags would like.
Don't worry that's exactly what I'll be doing. I don't plan on coming back to the forums either so enjoy destroying your own playerbase antags.