Author Topic: How about a death cap?  (Read 2473 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
How about a death cap?
on: July 30, 2019, 03:11:22 PM
What I'm stating is, in a match against an Antagonist, when you're playing with a low level team, who are being farmed by the Antagonist, how about dividing all the lives of the team up and giving each player a death cap that after 'x' amount of kills any more kills on them won't register?
This way, it stops Antagonists picking on the weaker members of the team and that in order to bring about an end of the mission, everyone has to be killed the same number of times.
Now I can't quite remember how many deaths you need before Cortez goes off to get Aleph, but hazarding a guess, say 12 for the first run, 14 for the second run and of course the 6 in sudden death, that means, a total of 32 kills by the Antagonist to win. They would have to kill each player 8 times in order to gain victory. Of course this number will go down, is the environment kills them also.

This is a complicated mechanic, but a fair one. Then again, MSE, just give us a PvP option please???

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: How about a death cap?
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 03:40:39 PM
after 'x' amount of kills any more kills on them won't register?
no, but he can be perm dead after this point.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 04:36:21 PM
I would apply some 'penalty' to the antag if he dies too much, because right now he can Rambo all the time without consequences. Instead of 15 secs, after dying 10 times, increase by 10 the respawn time with a limit of 1 min (like in a moba), so the odds are more even.

With the new puppet master the antag can still control the grunts and try to stop the raiders, so even dead the antagonist still gets to play.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:38:01 PM by Dr.Kuzie »

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 04:54:40 PM
I agree Kuzie. I'd even go so far as giving Antags a limited amount of lives.