Author Topic: Alicia's double jump needs a cooldown  (Read 29605 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Alicia's double jump needs a cooldown
on: July 30, 2019, 03:45:35 AM
All players specials have a cooldown and so too should Alicia's. She can wreck a team of raiders with ease simply by constant spamming of her special. The only characters equipped, to take her out, are Shae with her Sa-Dhu rifle and Konstantine with his repulse sphere. Once you implement a cooldown, she'll instantly lose her current OP status.
If you don't want to do this, that's fine, just remove everyone else's cooldowns. Valeria's Little Girl with no cooldown, would certainly give her problems.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Re: Alicia's double jump needs a cooldown
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:46:56 AM
That would make her useless. Besides she has low health, shoot her a couple of times and she's dead.

Also, I think Alicia should be countering Valeria, not the other way around.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:55:43 AM
moreover she alreday have kind of "cooldown" since its ability is situationnal. she can't uses it whenever she want, she has to rebound on something high enough.
but well i guess a small countdown of 1 or 2 sec can put her in danger without making her to weak even if i'm not sure it is really necessary.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 07:51:32 AM
Ginebra should get a cooldown too?

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 07:38:00 PM
marcus definitely needs a cooldown.  ;D

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 07:59:22 PM
That would make her useless. Besides she has low health, shoot her a couple of times and she's dead.

Also, I think Alicia should be countering Valeria, not the other way around.
What? Being able to hover in the air almost continuously, putting you into wounded after a couple of shots or dropping her ammo on you to explode, you think is fair? I've played in many missions with T1 R1 players, wiped out tvery easily by her.

And remember that Valeria's weapon has a long cooldown, made quicker by cards and shooting enemies normally. Unless you're usihg her Quantum Harmonic Oscillator, card with 5 Aleph super boost enabling almost instantaneous reloads, Valeria is a sitting duck, for Alicia should she miss.

Every character's special ability has a cooldown. She should not be the exception.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 09:37:26 PM
Ginebra dont have a cooldown, again. Should we give her one too?
If raiders have some decent enough picks, something like hornet, ingrid, granny. 100hp on alicia really isnt much.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:39:00 PM by SergeyKosinskiy »

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 09:59:41 PM
Ginebra dont have a cooldown, again. Should we give her one too?
If raiders have some decent enough picks, something like hornet, ingrid, granny. 100hp on alicia really isnt much.
Ginebra has drawbacks for using her ability, her health goes down to 50 and she has a long animation for coming out of cougar. She also can't really do anything except running around. Alicia can just spam spam spam with no penalty. Hell even sooma has a penalty, if she just spams her ability she dies instantly.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:05:24 PM by Tekato »

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 10:08:40 PM
What? Being able to hover in the air almost continuously, putting you into wounded after a couple of shots or dropping her ammo on you to explode, you think is fair? I've played in many missions with T1 R1 players, wiped out tvery easily by her.

Every character's special ability has a cooldown. She should not be the exception.
I think that since she's Wardog you can see her at all times so your team should prepare to shoot her down as soon as they see her through the walls.

By the way, what were the characters on your T1 R1 team? What was the mission difficulty? The stage? How many times that happened?

And remember that Valeria's weapon has a long cooldown, made quicker by cards and shooting enemies normally. Unless you're usihg her Quantum Harmonic Oscillator, card with 5 Aleph super boost enabling almost instantaneous reloads, Valeria is a sitting duck, for Alicia should she miss.
Like I said, Valeria's Little Girl isn't meant to fight Alicia. It's unfair, but you should expect balance issues from any competitive game with a diverse range of characters.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 10:09:53 PM
Shakura is good against alicia.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 10:24:27 PM
MeleeMaster and Level9Drow

I can't really remember the team makeup, sorry, but sure, Little Girl isn't the most appropriate weapon for Valeria to use against Alicia (although with the right cards it can be, with almost zero cooldowns) but then, you're not really going to know are you? You know, as well as everyone else, that once you choose your characters, you can't change, once the selection timer's counted down and the Antagonist is exposed. I happen to like using all the weapons of, well certainly most of the characters and don't just want to stick to using Shakura like most people tend to do with Valeria.

Bottom line, if I knew, before hand, that is the game told me that the Antagonist was Alicia, before selection was up, then I'd be using Shae, Sa-Dhu and destroying her.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 11:17:47 PM
Long animation from cougar? Its 1,5 seconds. And alicia have her own weaknesses. Being wardog is main one. And without sassy she not really that fast in her flying form.
And what kind of nerfs we talking about? Give her 2 sec cooldown after landing? 5 seconds?

Also you can shoot with little girl, the gun itself. It does have good dmg and nice crits. Also a bit of spread so you can hit flying alicia with at least one of projectiles.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:20:26 PM by SergeyKosinskiy »

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 12:45:01 AM
Bottom line, if I knew, before hand, that is the game told me that the Antagonist was Alicia, before selection was up, then I'd be using Shae, Sa-Dhu and destroying her.

that's exactly why it is not told, or the antag who'd have 0chance...

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 01:07:21 AM
Schneider doesn't really have a cooldown either. Same with Aneska. Alicia isn't overpowered at all. Just because you loose to someone doesn't make that character overpowerd

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 01:24:34 AM
Schneider doesn't really have a cooldown either. Same with Aneska. Alicia isn't overpowered at all. Just because you loose to someone doesn't make that character overpowerd
And that's why he's getting his hp cut in half when he summons the drone next patch. Also if you manage to destroy his drone he loses his main source of damage for the duration of it's cooldown(unless you have 5 aleph and the card that instantly recharges the drone when it's destroyed). As for aneska her mech can be destroyed easily, it can't  move, she has to stand still for a few seconds to recall it and when it does get destroyed she has to run around collecting batteries. I know alicia is a wardog but so is rak, does that mean he should be able to spam his pisachas just because he's always stressed and easily killed?