Author Topic: Let's get real MSE, this game is NOT awarding its players as it says it is.  (Read 1621 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
If you hover your cursor, over the MMR rating in the centre right of the screen, it will tell you that the higher your MMR rating the better the rewards.
This, simply is not true, whatsoever. In fact it's a blatant lie, that should have been changed when you brought in the Prizes Galore (ROTFLMFAO) update.

Firstly, your rewards are what the rewards say they're going to be as stated in your dailies. Of course, in order to achieve this, you'll need a perfect 10 score.

Secondly, the rewards DO NOT go up as your MMR rating increases, unlike pre Prizes Galore update. T1 R1 players, playing on 50% MMR difficulty are going to get the same fixed award, as stated in the dailies, as a T2 unranked player playing on 10% MMR difficulty.

Thirdly, as the MMR goes up so to does the difficulty. In fact, unplayable difficulty. I played an earlier match on a 58% MMR rating. The stage was Mind over Matter and in a word was just a nightmare. As if the actual stage wasn't impossible enough, with Fifth Council soldiers taking you to wounded in one burst and elites swarming all over the place, we were joined by a T1 R1 Harec. This mission was made for him. He didn't have to work. The environment was killing us as it was. One burst from grunts and you're wounded and then he'd just pick us off, like apples from a tree, incredibly easily. We of course lost, badly. And it was a team of 3 T1 R1 players and myself a T1 R2.

The game isn't going to say "well, this was on an incredibly hard difficulty, with a top rank antagonist, so we've decided that the 1,750 gold and 1,000 talent points is too low for your efforts, so we're putting the prize for the match up to 3,500 gold and 2,000 talent points. And of course, if you have bounty and affiliation weapons, a percentage added on." Ypu'll get what you get.

The only thing that players, on a higher level are getting is going to be a higher score, to take you to the perfect 10, if you win.
Now here's the reality. The game difficulty will take your score up to 58. Great start you'll say. Not really. When you add up the fact that the mission took 33 minutes and the raiders lost about 30 lives, then bang goes your bonus there. You WON'T be killing the antagonist alot and regardless how many grunts you kill, after a certain amount the reward stops really increasing.
Don't get me wrong, my team were all good players, but every grunt in the game had a red triangle above it, constantly targeting you wherever you went. If you weren't trying to escape enemy grunts and beholder gazes, you were being killed by the Antagonist who was able to stalk all over the place, because as soon as you tried to target him, a grunt would shoot you.

So the bottom line, I hate to have to say is: there's no reward for getting better at this game and increasing in skill.
You've more chance of getting a higher score on most missions, pre 40% MMR and no antagonist, than post 40% and an antagonist.

This game is essentially rewarding people who play on LOW difficulty, on a LOW rank and only playing the pot and four dailies.
Geez.....in every game I've played, players are rewarded MORE gold, XP, equipment the BETTER they get. It's not just a FIXED prize for everyone. I truly thought that I'd be getting more gold, xp and faction as I got better. I haven't. Added to that, At level 158 (I think) you stop getting stat bonuses.  Therefore, there's absolutely no need, whatsoever, to go past that level as you've reached your cap. That's just before Tier one Rank 3.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 06:00:33 PM by Marcus4471 »