Author Topic: difficulty scaling  (Read 1474 times)

sonofoz

• View Profile
difficulty scaling
on: July 27, 2019, 03:48:18 PM
hi MSE

i think you really have to cap that thing, and really works on it.
like REALLY. a LOT.

there is so much non sense who happens with AI...
i have already complained about some of it, but i have seen so much more since...

what i understand is the higher the difficulty, the higher the monsters stats (on top of new gameplay features during missions).

but it increase ALL their stats...
fire rate, damage, running speed, chances to counter your action, health, reaction time, surrounding awarness etc etc etc...
but it seems there is no limit to this, and so it can reach absurd levels and situations where they can run faster than you while shooting at you in packs in wich each monster have as health as an elite and can OS you.

(and by the way, the fact that grunt health do not decrease with punch is boring. why does only the last part of a combo does kills them, even if they had been punch 5 timed by countered combo before while a full combo could kill them in 2 or 3 punchs ? i say two or three, it's an example, since it depends on the difficulty.)

moreover, in this game, mostly all restrictions are for pvp, but they don't applies to AI...
for example, invicible time after a kill ? well it does not always works in pvp... so... no.
an elite will grab you easily during your invicibility time if he is around.

we could speak about wounded state.
in high difficulty the moment you are wounded you are dead.
any elite will cross the map at lightning speed to grab you, wherever you are, and if there is no elite, one will just pop behind you from one of the many ground entrance to grab you.

at high difficulty, most elite don't care being shot or punch at... they just go on, running toward you and grab you even during a punch combo or if you lanched a grab before them.
in fact most elites don't even launch their grab anymore. they just instant grab kill you, exactly like green things does.
you are near an elite, you're grabbed and dead. no red flash, no sound alert, no counter time. nothing , he just instant kill you.  :D

all this has to stopped.

really.
i'm vocally playing with other people sometimes. i can assure you no-one take pleasure or have fun during these missions.
no-one, i played with anyway.

there is a thin barrier beetwin high difficulty and absurdity, but these difficulty peaks crossed it with a hummer...

AND as they appears regardless of mmr or situation, you can be involved in insane difficulty mission against a first rank antag and while your own mmr is low. (and you know i'm not against pvp. so 'im not telling "i wan't no antags" here.)
but antag + monsters that could wiped you anyway even without antag... what's the point ?? oO

i don't know if this last thing is a bug or not, but in all cases, you still have to cap your difficulty, since raiders strength IS capped.

and i have no idea right now about how you could do this efficiently, but, you should work on your difficulty scaling too.
maybe with lvl forge of players.
monsters could be scaled with an average of all the forge weapons lvl of each players.

here it is.
and thank you if you take these remarks into consideration and do something about this problems.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:06:30 PM by sonofoz »