Author Topic: MSE, Could you implement a block mechanic please?  (Read 6614 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
MSE, Could you implement a block mechanic please?
on: July 25, 2019, 01:30:45 PM
One of the reasons I'll quit a game while in the game lobby is because of a raider in my team, who's toxic. As the title suggests, is it possible to create a block mechanic, to filter out players in matchmaking you don't want to play with. There's nothing worse than having players messaging you, spewing vitriol, only to find them in your team in the future. You really don't want to help these people, let alone play with.

Moreso, this game mechanic, if implemented properly, would 'clean up' the gaming community. Toxic players will find themselves being blocked so many times, eventually, the only games they'll be playing will be the solos.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: MSE, Could you implement a block mechanic please?
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 01:44:41 PM
you'll soon play solo so... ^^

right clic on the name in the character selection lobby (you can do it in the reward lobby too, but as you'll quit befire that...) -> block.

i don't know if it prevent us to play with these people, but as we have no way to communicate in or out missions, i can't figure what it could block except matchmaking with these people.

problem is, you can't use it on quitters since they usually do not appear in the ending lobby...

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 07:22:21 PM
right clic does not works =(
must be a relic of the communication system you have on console.
i just made a match with a guy i had blocked.
still as useless as he was each time...

Cazic-Thule

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 08:06:07 PM
One of the reasons I'll quit a game while in the game lobby is because of a raider in my team, who's toxic. As the title suggests, is it possible to create a block mechanic, to filter out players in matchmaking you don't want to play with. There's nothing worse than having players messaging you, spewing vitriol, only to find them in your team in the future. You really don't want to help these people, let alone play with.

Moreso, this game mechanic, if implemented properly, would 'clean up' the gaming community. Toxic players will find themselves being blocked so many times, eventually, the only games they'll be playing will be the solos.

Why do you even care so much at this point if you're just threatening to quit the game like 10 times a day every single day? Seems like at this point you're just using this forum as your personal message board to spam whine on and threaten to quit or directly insult the devs. I'm not in any way shape or form supporting the decisions MSE has made with this game but at some point you're just being childish and need to just calm down and stop spamming all day long.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 02:33:08 PM
Why do you even care so much at this point if you're just threatening to quit the game like 10 times a day every single day? Seems like at this point you're just using this forum as your personal message board to spam whine on and threaten to quit or directly insult the devs. I'm not in any way shape or form supporting the decisions MSE has made with this game but at some point you're just being childish and need to just calm down and stop spamming all day long.

MY HERO !

nonetheless, he's right here.
a block feature could be usefull, i think we clearly all have players we don't want to play with anymore.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:23:41 PM by sonofoz »

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 03:13:53 PM
There are some people who throw themselves all the time to lose the game, or get the Aleph to die against the AI willingly because they know that raiders have limited lives. A block feature would be cheered... Even with the not-so-high playerbase.

And some kind of message system. The orders wheel is not enough to communicate with the other players.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 06:41:43 PM
The block function they have now is only so they cannot invite or contact you. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is report them to MSE. But you cannot block them from randomly grouping with them. I agree with you that there should be a REAL block function but MSE might be afraid to do that because the playerbase may be too low.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 06:53:19 PM
There are some people who throw themselves all the time to lose the game, or get the Aleph to die against the AI willingly because they know that raiders have limited lives. A block feature would be cheered... Even with the not-so-high playerbase.

And some kind of message system. The orders wheel is not enough to communicate with the other players.
Agreed

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 06:55:37 PM
The block function they have now is only so they cannot invite or contact you. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is report them to MSE. But you cannot block them from randomly grouping with them. I agree with you that there should be a REAL block function but MSE might be afraid to do that because the playerbase may be too low.
The player base is most certainly low because there are trolls in the game, who'll sabotage matches driving people away. By implementing the block we chase away the trolls, instead of the players. They'll soon get the message when queuing for a game, only to find that after 20 minutes one hasn't popped up. Better behaviour in game, on forums etc is really the way to go.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 07:22:32 PM
The player base is most certainly low because there are trolls in the game, who'll sabotage matches driving people away.
you mean exactly like when you quit or suicide in games because momy's boy is not pleased ?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 07:57:52 PM
The player base is most certainly low because there are trolls in the game, who'll sabotage matches driving people away.
you mean exactly like when you quit or suicide in games because momy's boy is not pleased ?

I would say the only issues are the players who throw in order to actively antag low level and new players. But others don't ever actively antag and just lower MMR to avoid antags.

they could fix this whole MMR issue by simply making PvP optional. and locking PvP MMR in it's own category. This way all the PvP, griefing, toxicity, salt, will be quarantined to those who opt in. And those who would like to play without all the stress and drama don't have to worry about that mess. Of course there should be a substantial reward bonus for those who dare to "hazard the flame". 

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 28, 2019, 08:16:38 PM
i did suggest that.
but your friends said, "NO ! why would we have less reward than you !!!???"
"lets us become invincible quickly and then we will go pvp and defend it but first nerf all characters we can't owned with our mains !!"

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 28, 2019, 09:33:41 PM
Well if you agree with optional PvP there is a of post here that could use your support. But what I am seeing is opposite. You tend to shit on people for complaining about the effects of forced PvP.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 09:41:21 PM
you are seeing what you want to see.
and obviously you have issues seeing things as they are.

most of people who whine here are often, at the same time, the most toxic and useless players in the game.

i can agree a point of view while i despise the man who emits it.

as i said in many topic, the game should have a full AI (with AI antag) mode, like in any mobas ; with downed or no rewards, as in any moba, for example no BP and halved rewards, so people could learn peacefully before going for the real stuff, or when they don't want stressfull games.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 06:20:17 AM
you are seeing what you want to see.
and obviously you have issues seeing things as they are.

most of people who whine here are often, at the same time, the most toxic and useless players in the game.

i can agree a point of view while i despise the man who emits it.

as i said in many topic, the game should have a full AI (with AI antag) mode, like in any mobas ; with downed or no rewards, as in any moba, for example no BP and halved rewards, so people could learn peacefully before going for the real stuff, or when they don't want stressfull games.

No, you're shitting on people's opinions. You've been doing it all over the forums. That's pretty much all you do here.