Author Topic: Doldren is too OP  (Read 4736 times)

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Doldren is too OP
on: July 23, 2019, 07:52:00 PM
Okay so i got back from getting something to eat.  decided that i wanted to get valeria's rare, so i start the mission hanging by a thread. cool,  i get paired with two rank 6 players and a huey,  then it hapens. a rank 4 antagonist joins, should be no problem right? I'm tier 1 purple 5. it's a doldren but here's thing, he's rank 4 and yet owning me and the other two players. keep in mind my strike percentage is at 82% so i should be owning him not him owning me. his astral ability is too cheap imo,  he can literally sneak up on you while distracted and get free kills. I am able to react when he tries, even then his hits take two thirds of my life before being downed.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Re: Doldren is too OP
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:22:05 PM
You'd lost that match thanks to the terrible matchmaking. Doldren is a nightmare against beginners and teams who like to wander off solo. Sure he's going to go into ethereal form. Sure he's going to appear out of thin air, CQC or shoot you. That's his playstyle.
How to beat Doldren? The minute hi outline appears you head for it. You work as a team and attack his body.
I, at first thought he was OP then I learned how to fight him. Even with Valeria, every time he attacked I stopped his grapple and others grappled him as he'd just appeared and got into close range.

The prizes galore was all about getting more people playing Antagonist. It worked, just nobody really wanted it in the first place. More antags - more people leaving. Didn't work out very well for MSE.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:38:01 PM
You'd lost that match thanks to the terrible matchmaking. Doldren is a nightmare against beginners and teams who like to wander off solo. Sure he's going to go into ethereal form. Sure he's going to appear out of thin air, CQC or shoot you. That's his playstyle.
How to beat Doldren? The minute hi outline appears you head for it. You work as a team and attack his body.
I, at first thought he was OP then I learned how to fight him. Even with Valeria, every time he attacked I stopped his grapple and others grappled him as he'd just appeared and got into close range.

The prizes galore was all about getting more people playing Antagonist. It worked, just nobody really wanted it in the first place. More antags - more people leaving. Didn't work out very well for MSE.

Yeah i usually go for his outline. thing was, it's like he was waiting for this, he ambushed me a couple of times by going after his body. i got him once, but after that he just kept getting me and my team did nothing to stop him. so i left, sucks because most likely he was laughing his ass off at how easy it was to get me and the others.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 11:25:51 PM
One trick Doldren's do is hang around their body in ethereal form and the minute a raider goes for the grapple they materialize and grapple the raider. Another trick is to jump or slide when being chased by a raider and go into ethereal form then reappear and attack.

Doldren can't survive against more than one normally. If I'm playing against him I'll run with the camera pointing behind me. I also move onto a block as he can't move up to your level. Doldren is a tricky Antagonist to play against. In a noob team, game over.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:44:50 AM by Marcus4471 »

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 02:36:19 AM
Yeah,  my team  consisted  of a rank 6 ginebra and a rank 6 shae. too me Valeria is freaking slow,  i played as her in solo and still couldn't get over her tank like movement. even i have much more appreciation for Konstatine or rak's movement.  I'm use to fast and agile raiders like aneska, alicia, sooma, harec, and then characters like rak. another thing that bugs me is antagonist Alicia, the smoking Daisy is pure hell and i absolute can't even counter it effectively.

flowone

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 08:59:28 PM
Doldren is a noob smasher. Those players who don't think, analyze, group up and/or adapt quickly just get destroyed by him. It's sad but when you're with incompetent players who constantly make the same mistake 10+ times and don't change, he's just going to target them relentlessly.  You will lose no matter what you do, as you can't do the objective and take him out. Even if you're the leader and you are using the command system to scream at them to do the objective the new players won't do them. They'll run around, fail at Rambo'ing 3 enemies, and just be more worthless than the Cortez Bros. At least they attempt to suppress enemies and don't make you loose lives.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 10:39:49 PM
Only reason why i was beaten by this particular doldren. Was A). their passive skills were far more leveled up than my own. at the time my armor was at a 30% and strike power at 43%. while seeing as they were purple tier level 3, the probably had either max strike percentage or close to it. not to mention armor and more. i was doing decent damage, but as it was taking so long.  i was already swarmed by enemies shooting me. wittling my health down  until he could get a few cheap heats in and grapple. of course i would always look for his body, outline. it only led to traps and such, my team wasn't really coordinated with me so we couldn't really gang up on him or stay close together. keep in mind i wasn't even the team leader so i could not issue commands. Other than that, I've beaten doldrens hundreds of times without breaking a sweat. the other day i was whooping a doldren players rear with lycus.  had to quit because of a game bug on a fistful full of sand.