Author Topic: People who don't play objectives  (Read 2247 times)

S73VINCALEVRA

• View Profile
People who don't play objectives
on: July 23, 2019, 12:35:21 AM
If you're playing Spacelords, you're playing an objective based game. This should go without saying but apparently old and new players alike seem to have a difficult time understanding such a concept.

I can't tell you how many times in the last few days I've lost what should have been really easy matches because, instead of doing what the mission requires, people want to just kill elites.

I can understand this from newer players but wtf veterans? Why am I playing with purple level 1's and they aren't doing a damn thing to help? Its funny how a games community is supposed to be its lifeblood. But somehow, the thing I hate the most about Spacelords are the other players.

There needs to be some sort of report feature people can use when players are outright refusing to play objectives. Or for just anything, really.

I've put money into your game, Mercury. More than id like to admit. Now please put that money to some good use by implementing things most games have featured forever. Like reporting other players, opting out of Antags ect.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:26:44 AM by MSE_Ojuel »

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Re: PEOPLE WHO DONT PLAY OBJECTIVES
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 12:50:37 AM
When I'm in a team that's not following objectives I ask three times to forfeit the match. If they don't I leave. It's that simple. You shouldn't be forcing people to do what they don't want to do. It's their game. However, that stated, I very well understand your umbrage. Yes, nothing worse that being in a mission with idiots. Therefore, what MSE should do is simply put in a block feature that blocks you from playing with these people again. The more people want to just run around and not follow mission objectives, the more blocks they'll receive until eventually a wait, for a game will take so long they won't bother.

There's nothing worse than a game going down the authoritarian route. I don't like this idea of reporting players. I just leave the game instead. When you're in a team, that's not PLAYING as a team, quitting is a realistic option because the non team are screwing it up for themselves, long before I quit and leave them to their lunacy.

S73VINCALEVRA

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 12:57:58 AM
When I'm in a team that's not following objectives I ask three times to forfeit the match. If they don't I leave. It's that simple. You shouldn't be forcing people to do what they don't want to do. It's their game. However, that stated, I very well understand your umbrage. Yes, nothing worse that being in a mission with idiots. Therefore, what MSE should do is simply put in a block feature that blocks you from playing with these people again. The more people want to just run around and not follow mission objectives, the more blocks they'll receive until eventually a wait, for a game will take so long they won't bother.

There's nothing worse than a game going down the authoritarian route. I don't like this idea of reporting players. I just leave the game instead. When you're in a team, that's not PLAYING as a team, quitting is a realistic option because the non team are screwing it up for themselves, long before I quit and leave them to their lunacy.

So I should leave a game, have to wait for the round to end, get timed out for leaving a match and lose some MMR %? Cause people "dont want to do" something like play an objective in an objective based game? How is that authoritarian lol? A report feature is a common thing in games. I'm not going to rely on an algorithm to help me in a game. That doesn't make sense.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 04:56:15 AM
When you're a high rank, playing with absolut idiots quitting becomes more common.
You talk about mission objectives not being carried out? Try playing 'The Beast's Lair' mission where not one boss objective is being carried out? Everyone can see me shooting at Marmalade's right eye. Are they helping? Nope. They see me shooting at his tentacles, he's plunged into the ground and are they helping, while the place is being turned into an inferno? Nope. And seeing as I'm doing most damage the enemy turn their attention on me. Where are they? They've all grouped together to kill one elite in the top right of the map. I've been sniped at by two elites, in cover, unable to attack. They're not watching what's going on.
And in the final stage, with my weapon I've wounded and killed umpteen elites by the pig. Where are they? You guessed it, top right corner, attacking an elite. All they had to do was PICK UP THE ALEPH.
The worst of it was they were two high ranking T2 R2 and a T1 R4 players. The mission lasted 25 minutes.
This is why I quit games. No desire to play with idiots like this.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:33 AM
There's nothing worse than a game going down the authoritarian route.

i agree.
but coming from the man who can't stop giving orders about what devs should do or telling people how they should play and who leave if they don't obey... that's funny...

I just leave the game instead.
marcus, you're making this promess for weeks now...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:19:20 PM by sonofoz »