Author Topic: Sooma's gun (The Last Vial)  (Read 2628 times)

Alex2199

• View Profile
Sooma's gun (The Last Vial)
on: July 21, 2019, 01:41:46 AM
Now that I have the weapon at maxed forged I can see more of how the weapon works and I have to say it is a great weapon, however, I still feel it lacking as most say. At low MMR it is pretty "okay" with Hades Division enemy type. Wardogs I can usually melt at low to mid and a little at higher MMRs as long as they don't swarm me. Then Fifth Council just laugh as I tickle their feet but granted I expected that much, the Fifth Council are a bunch of tanks.

I feel "The Last Vial" is in need of Aneska's "Atlas" treatment. Give the weapon a larger area of effect or maybe even make it have more of a tick damage while leaving behind a red mist for X amount of time. I don't really know if this would solve the damage output because while I tested it I used the Maelstrom faction card which increases damage. I was doing around 40 damage which usually meant in a low - mid mmr I was able to kill an enemy using 2 or 3 rounds (depending on the enemy type). However, against an antagonist it does not provide any sort of threat to them it seems.

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Re: Sooma's gun (The Last Vial)
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 06:15:34 AM
Its looks like shepard it should be shepard, make it bounce o say. Keep pain field dmg as it is, but increase a bit of pellet dmg after bounce.
Or make pellet create pain fields even if you land all pellets in close range into enemy.
Maybe if fields tick faster it could help too?

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 09:13:18 AM
It's an okay weapon. i haven't really maxed it out and cant say for that it took a while to kill anything. i prefer the catharsis. it may not be everyone's favorite, but i love it still. i get it's q bit complicated with the whole damage bar fill up and pain bar optimization.  But i have gotten use to it, with war dogs it melts through them like butter. hades division soldiers tank it a bit,  and Council members are in between atleast imo. 

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 06:15:43 PM
It's an okay weapon. i haven't really maxed it out and cant say for that it took a while to kill anything. i prefer the catharsis. it may not be everyone's favorite, but i love it still. i get it's q bit complicated with the whole damage bar fill up and pain bar optimization.  But i have gotten use to it, with war dogs it melts through them like butter. hades division soldiers tank it a bit,  and Council members are in between atleast imo.

Catharsis is an amazing gun once you get use to it. However, it doesn't fit my play style that much. I enjoy redeemer the most. It helps in cqc, great damage, and I can shut off certain paths. However I enjoy The last vial due to its radius damage I just wish it was a little stronger

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 03:30:36 AM

Catharsis is an amazing gun once you get use to it. However, it doesn't fit my play style that much. I enjoy redeemer the most. It helps in cqc, great damage, and I can shut off certain paths. However I enjoy The last vial due to its radius damage I just wish it was a little stronger

yup,  who knows it might get a buff like the hatchet.  Been using that  one and boy does it eat through some grunts. btw i have tried the redeemer and so far I'm going to stick with the catharsis. the reedemer took forever to kill anything and i found the damage sphere placement weird. sometimes it would place one down, and then another would not. it took 4 shots before i could put down a hades division grunt. to me that's very bad,  especially when you are surrounded by enemies. you need a weapon to pick off the pack before melee the rest. catharsis while is a bit complicated, i can demolish groups of enemies with it.  redeemer isn't just for me i guess.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:33:58 AM by Cyber_hunter026 »

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 10:22:26 AM
I use redeemer more so to compliment my cqc the most. I shoot a wall near the enemy/antag then rush. Cath although powerful I find the secondary fire mode too pin point and not really useful (to me) in high stress situations which I find myself in a lot.

I feel id enjoy her base gun though after some buffs to it which is the whole point of making this post
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:25:06 AM by Alex2199 »