Author Topic: Loaht's Cookie weapon  (Read 3992 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Loaht's Cookie weapon
on: July 17, 2019, 07:01:37 PM
Ok, so I built this the other day. With a choice of Caliber, Lethal, Effective and Bounty, I went 13/15 for Caliber and Effective, losing 4% damage and critical chance in order to get 4 points extra in Lethal. However, the criticals aren't that high, around 230. The low range really isn't good making  boss fights with this weapon a waste of time, Heck, I couldn't even hit Marmalade!
With such a low range and not that much damage, with minimal push, what really are the benefits of this weapon, when Loaht's first weapon DRAGÉE does a huge push with pretty much the same crit chance?

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Re: Loaht's Cookie weapon
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:42:14 AM
I love the Cookie, its Consistant.
I'm sure your aware but like most if not all his weapons, Loaht isn't so well versed against Airborne or high to reach enemies, but outside of that The Cookie may not have as much of a Kick as his other weapons but it provides you with tactical options the others cant offer.

If the Push mechanic is something your interested in The Cookie offers a sustained push effect on the enemy with a little skill.  Shooting quickly behind the enemy and another in front of them will have them bouncing between the two and if you drop the entire clip just for example that will often leave them with nowhere to go and just die.

Defensively, if you see a heard of raider,elites or grunts pushing for you cover your retreat with a clip and the rounds will keep firing for a good minute. (Best used when running into a closed off area (Pits, Corridors or other hazards.)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Re: Loaht's Cookie weapon
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 08:08:24 PM
Thanks Angeles2099,

I should also imagine that his weapons are also card specific, helping to boost the effectiveness of his weapons. I just feel, to me it isn't offering much that Dragée isn't giving me and more. Still, you're correct that well placed shots could have enemies bouncing back and forward until they die, especially if you have a push effect increaser card.