Author Topic: You need to do something about Host Migration  (Read 3413 times)

Marcus4471

• View Profile
You need to do something about Host Migration
on: July 20, 2019, 05:38:36 PM
An odd thing happened. I was in the last stage of rescuing the aleph sphere. We were on the second last altar, it was a low ranked team, the shuttle had already gone back for one collection of aleph, we'd lost half our lives and also playing against an Antagonist.
So, the sign for Host Migration comes up. The game stops. We see the whole level from a bird's eye view and when it starts, not only was the host there, but we'd been put right back to the start of that stage, that is after defeating Fifth Council Aleph drone. It was going to be tough to complete, because it was the low ranked and unranked T2 players who were dieing.
So we all decided to quit.

The host, I think, was on a PS4. What I don't understand is how could they migrate (quit) but instantly be back in the game? Is this a bug?
If it is, please do something about it.

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Re: You need to do something about Host Migration
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:20:01 PM
There's a forum user who reported it, with video evidence. That also happened to me, I was the host, it migrated to another person but I was still in the game. I play on PC.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 12:45:45 AM
Happened to me too,  was on the destroyer of worlds mission. and it kept migrating between the team. we were down to 3 lives and it kept doing this. i said forget it and asked the others to just surrender. They didn't want to so i left,  it sucks too because before we had aneska down to nothing and then it restarted.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 01:27:44 AM
Its a current bug after Sooma's release. Something similar happened with Valeria I believe. Happened to me on "Mind Over Matter" and it did it like 5 times. Once the boss at half of his last health bar too. We ended up surrendering. Lucky for me it was my last mission with minimum rewards

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:07:03 AM
Well it's happened again, now on two separate missions for me. first one being hanging on by a thread and  a low blow. now the first one it didn't seem to occur until half way into the mission. as we began to fight off war dogs pouring in,  the game stops and suddenly says "host migration in progress" then does it again and again and again until everyone except me was left. Everyone ended up leaving the match, that's how annoying and frustrating it became. then for the second one, a low blow. i only took maybe one or two steps and then it happened again. only after migrating two times it then crashes and says as usual "an error occured" blue ps4 screen. This is bad, real bad and it's gotta be looked into,  it's very annoying when this happens.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 06:18:50 PM
I play on Xbox and haven't experienced the game fully crashing, However, the host migration is getting bad. Before I expected it on one mission that day but now its starting to feel like every single mission.  Just the other day It happened while I was playing as antagonist (half way trying) and it migrated then made me the host? Idk if that can happen or not, Ive never seen the antagonist be host before.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 07:46:58 PM
What was really quite amusing was in one mission, as an Antag, one of the raiders kept messaging me saying "quit it" and "stop it", to the host migration. It was in the rescue the third protector mission (Destroyer of Worlds?). They quit the match. I thought that the constant host migration was because I kept killing the host, but odd that he kept returning instantly.
Anyhoo.....
The player who'd been messaging me then messaged me and said "reported".
I replied: "WTF?"
I tried to explain that how on earth could I cause a host migration, in a raider team when I was the antagonist. He/she said it was because I was using 'crash game software' supposedly. He/she said there is software out there that can crash games etc etc. I explained "how can I do that on a PS4?"
The conversation ended. LOL

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 12:30:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Indeed, we have found an issue related to host migration and we are now investigating it in order to find the source of the problem.

Thank you very much for reporting it, we really appreciate your patience and hope to give you more information soon.