Author Topic: Ideas for antags and to make the game fair.  (Read 2199 times)

SegaSlash

• View Profile
Ideas for antags and to make the game fair.
on: July 26, 2019, 12:28:09 AM
Helllo, I play Raiders of the broken planet from the beginning and some of the changes you made through these 2 years some wete great and others not so good but I understand the game keeps growing and I know you heard many of ppls requests in the past to make the game better then what it was. So these are some ideas to make the game better or fair for Raiders and Antags alike.

1- Antagonists should have 40 lives to try to mess or interfere with Raiders mission, its clearly not fair that Raiders have to survive 2 times then have like 40 or so lives now cause the sudden death match and antags have no consequences in thier acts nor lives.

2-Antags with 40 lives can think more strategically in order to mess with the Raiders mission cause the antags infinite lives will make wreckless decisions and antags dont have punishment in their actions whatsover. You can kill an antag 100 times or more and if a lot more soldiers respawned because sometimes the game gets crazy believe me and the damage goes up then its over for the Raiders, especially ppl who play randomly and try to experience the game, this is bad for them and everybody else except for the antag.

3- mmr balance has to change cause I noticed some antags get a lot of help from AI cause the excesive damage they do, my avrrage mmr is 50 and I have an antag that he was the same rank as me but looks like he lower his mmr to 32 to have advantage and have an easy win, the mmr difficulty was 82 and you could not even show in front of a soldier cause it was over, it was ridiculous.

4-a more fair gameplay for everyone, the logic should be, if theres a lot of soldiers they have to do less damage or a few soldiers and do more damage but sometimes you can't do anything if 1 or 2 of your randomly allies left you in the mission and the mission like hanging by thread or weapon fron the past or a breath of hope gets crazy awful with a lot of ads.

5-If an antag left the match the mission has to continue, if he left the match, let us continue our mission.

6-After 5 mins that a Raider quit the mission, the Raiders can vote to open the matchmaking so new ppl get in that mission, believe me Huey does not help a lot, and if 1 or 2 or even 3 ppl quit the mission and you want to continue it, more ppl can join that mission.

I really hope that you take this in consideration, I love this game and I want this game to succeed so Im trying to help you with friends to play Spacelords but theres gotta be more changes in favor of everyone not just Antags cause it seems you guys are putting a lot of effort in make antags join but the Raiders are the important ones, if ppl dont queup as a Raiders the Antags could not even play.

sonofoz

• View Profile
Re: Ideas for antags and to make the game fair.
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 11:48:02 AM
1- Antagonists should have 40 lives to try to mess or interfere with Raiders mission

so, except in timed missions you'll just have to chase it in pack first and then do the missions...

5-If an antag left the match the mission has to continue, if he left the match, let us continue our mission.

what the point ?
not everytime, but most of the time, monster are nearly useless in antag missions, so why losing time ending an already won mission ?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Ideas for antags and to make the game fair.
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 07:39:32 PM
I think they should just skip all that and just make PvP optional. Right now the only soft switch that we have is to keep MMR fairly low (0-20%) and you will rarely see antagonists, and even if you do they will not have the AI advantage. If they made PvP optional the wolves would be allowed to tear each other apart in PvP mode and the rest of us could just enjoy a relaxing game and progress, AND there would no longer be much reason to keep MMR low. And also to be honest, MSE doesn't give any extra rewards for PvP matches. so there isn't any incentive in it for Raiders. You can get more progress without invasions.

The reason many antags don't want optional PvP is because then they would have to fight willing raiders who are equipped and prepared to fight antags. They instead want unwilling opponents, because games that have griefing baked into their core mechanics is fun and will allow your inner bully to thrive. They also get off on ruining rewards, forcing people to quit, etc... And this is no joke, they boast about it on Discord all the time.

I say just make it optional. Allow us to turn it off.