Author Topic: Lost an entire days TP + Gold grind to Antag  (Read 4697 times)

S73VINCALEVRA

• View Profile
Lost an entire days TP + Gold grind to Antag
on: July 16, 2019, 12:35:09 AM
Okay up until this point, other than being a minor nuisance, Antags have been okay in my book.

But today, after working all day and after spending an entire Sunday grinding TP and Gold off of "quick play" matches, I come home to bank all that goodness by playing and finishing a match. Unfortunately, this match was invaded by an Antag and my team did zero to help secure a win. And an ENTIRE DAYS WORTH of gold and TP went down the drain.  Instead of the 15K gold and 6K TP I deserved, I ended up with not even a quarter of both after getting slammed 5 minutes into a match.

I'm going to go ahead and say I now belong to the camp of people who feel there should be an on/off switch for Antags. I'm well aware this game is already difficult to find matches in. And that the player base isn't the largest. BUT COME ON. Do I deserve to lose an entire days worth of work to a stroke of bad luck? In any other game, I have no problem dealing with antagonists.         
 I usually wipe the floor with em' But now, of course, a bunch of sweat and work is on the line and my team gets crushed. Its really frustrating but especially as someone who's come and gone from this game ever since its early days. And to have this happen just makes me want to delete it, once again.

I either propose the same as everyone, give us a PvE only mode OR reconfigure how the final game works in regards to all the gold and TP accumulated up until that point. So if I spend an entire day grinding and then go to play that match, I receive 100% of everything I ALREADY EARNED (minus whatever additional gold and XP I would have gained from winning that match) Cause honestly, I'm super butt hurt about what just transpired. I went from being excited to play this game earlier to wanting nothing to do with it after. Please consider my plea for change or refinement. Its gonna take me a while to get over that bullshit.

Edit: I deleted the game anyway. See you all in 6-8 months when, hopefully, more quality of life changes have been added 👋
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:59:37 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Re: LOST AN ENTIRE DAYS TP + GOLD GRIND TO ANTAG
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 01:10:42 AM
This is why the new pot is useless. Pre July 2nd patch, if you were a serious gamer you could make 100k gold in a day, a hell of a lot of XP and ok faction points as the payout was ok. If you lost a blueprint/gold/faction point/XP multiplier award mission, you played until you did win.
Mercury Steam, for some reason only want casual gamers, hence why they made all the changes. My advice for making gol is to get in a guild and have all payers carry a Bounty weapon they have max points in, especially with the new system. It really sucks but that's just the way it is. I've lost a couple of daily pots, both also with BP's in.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 01:37:42 AM by Marcus4471 »

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 01:35:46 AM
This is why the new pot is useless. Pre July 2nd patch, if you were a serious gamer you could make 100k gold in a day, a hell of a lot of XP and ok faction points as the payout was ok. If you lost a blueprint/gold/faction point/XP multiplier award mission, you played until you did win.
Mercury Steam, for some reason only want casual gamers, hence why they made all the changes. My advice for making gol is to get in a guild and have all payers carry a Bounty weapon they have max points in, especially with the new system. It really sucks but that's just the way it is. I've lost a couple of daily pots, both also with BP's in.

The thing I am so sick of if people pretending that this is not happening.
Open your fucking eyes, people.

S73VINCALEVRA

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 03:07:07 AM

It sucks becauae I recently just came back to the game. Had to refamiliarize myself with everything. Finally thought I was getting the hang of it. And then, this shit. When I say I spent most of Sunday, glued to my chair, I mean it. So for all of that to only amount to 15k and get lost so quickly is insane. Again, that pot at the end of a day should be YOURS. You earned (or didn't) earn all of that money grinding matches. And for that pot to just..**POOF** because I got dealt a bad hand in terms of a team just seems insane to me. I really, really like this game. Which is why I'm constantly deleting/downloading it. Its like an abusive relationship.

I paid money for this game back when it was Raiders. And yet, its always seemed like they've done everything they could to squeeze money out of the consumer. Which, in this case, I really don't mind. The developers deserve it and I'd like to continue seeing the game flourish. But there's a line you don't cross. And it both begins and ends when you hinder my experience for the wake of a few extra dollars. Triple A companies are not the only ones guilty of this. As clearly demonstrated by this games recent "updates"

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:16:32 AM
I understand how you feel. it sucks because i encounter it every day. Yesterday i was playing tor a blueprint for one of my characters. unfortunately an antagonist was in my match and basically owned all of us. i lost would could of been alot of gold and cool weapon blueprint to nothing or half of what i would of gotten. it sucks because i worked hard too, sorry you had to go through that. it does suck when an antagonist comes along and ruins it.

S73VINCALEVRA

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 03:20:32 AM
I understand how you feel. it sucks because i encounter it every day. Yesterday i was playing tor a blueprint for one of my characters. unfortunately an antagonist was in my match and basically owned all of us. i lost would could of been alot of gold and cool weapon blueprint to nothing or half of what i would of gotten. it sucks because i worked hard too, sorry you had to go through that. it does suck when an antagonist comes along and ruins it.

Exactly. And yea, i appreciate what the antagonist does in MOST games. Creating additional tension and difficulty. But sometimes, I just want to *relax* and play raiders. Not always be on guard when I start a game cause someone wamts to Antag. It is its own thing and I appreciate that. But it ruins the experience for someone like me. Who doesn't choose Space Lords as their #1 source of PvP action.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:33:33 AM

Exactly. And yea, i appreciate what the antagonist does in MOST games. Creating additional tension and difficulty. But sometimes, I just want to *relax* and play raiders. Not always be on guard when I start a game cause someone wamts to Antag. It is its own thing and I appreciate that. But it ruins the experience for someone like me. Who doesn't choose Space Lords as their #1 source of PvP action.

Yup i like the antagonist system and options are always good. but i find myself too,  hiding behind cover for minutes because of a sneaky antagonist. a bit frustrating when i just want to have fun and get my gold lol. 

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 05:02:52 AM
Again, pre 2nd July patch you had, your 3 x 8 hour rotations. You were looking at a high chance of obtaining at least 2 common blue and a rare blueprint, sometimes 3 blue and 2 rare if you were lucky. If you lost the mission, you could replay until you won. So now, with the post July 2nd update, they realised they were being incredibly stingy with blueprints and threw in one blue or rare (very rare chance) daily. However if you lose, it goes into the next day pot and if you lose the pot mission, hasta la vista blueprint. You would have thought they'd at least give you a blue once a day? Nope. And if you do win it then it shouldn't be a duplicate.
At the moment, terrible decisions are being made. I really think they just want to weed out all the veterans/high level, T1 players so as to continue removing all rewards and have no one to complain, on the forums, to the new players how things used to be.

Alex2199

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 05:10:08 AM
I feel the quickplay system is fine outside the fact that you can loose everything from a random antag who may not even be good but sense their mmr is so low the adds alone are one shooting you. I feel like raiders shouldn't be punished so harshly against an antag. Im not saying get rid of any punishment but in some cases its unfair. Like the mission "A Fistful of Sand" the antag can just play harec and flat our murder the protector or like missions "In medas res" were a valeria or ayana can lock down the door way causing no way to get through. I should feel bad for losing against an antagonist NOT absolutely furious.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 09:02:01 AM
… At the moment, terrible decisions are being made. I really think they just want to weed out all the veterans/high level, T1 players so as to continue removing all rewards and have no one to complain, …

MSE was successful, they succeeded in driving me away from playing.

Synonyms for playing: amuse oneself, entertain oneself, enjoy oneself, have fun, have a good time, …
But these are all synonyms that I unfortunately no longer feel when playing Spacelords with all the integrated BS lately.

RIP Spacelords

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 05:22:16 PM
That also happened to me, had 15k on the pot, lost to a pretty bad antag because infinite lives and 75% difficulty, got 7k instead. They even force you to see the antag as "play of the game" even though you killed them a dozen of times. It's like the game is making fun of you.

S73VINCALEVRA

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 07:19:44 PM
That also happened to me, had 15k on the pot, lost to a pretty bad antag because infinite lives and 75% difficulty, got 7k instead. They even force you to see the antag as "play of the game" even though you killed them a dozen of times. It's like the game is making fun of you.

Yup that's what got me the most, the Antag wasn't good. But a high MMR + Uncooperative teammates + first game of the day should NOT be a reason to lose an entire days work. Still very heated over that.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 09:27:56 PM
And the next update in the roadmap is the master of puppets XD... they have to implement a way to kick out the antag or that will be a quite the show XD