Author Topic: Where are the experienced players?  (Read 12142 times)

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the experienced players?
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 10:52:40 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you all for letting us know your concerns. Our data says there are a lot of experienced users playing, but as I said before, we understand your opinions and keep looking closely to the data while having your feedback in mind.

Now, B30, I don't know in which point did I say such a thing. Please refrain from mentioning me to lie and compromise my job. According to the forum rules, I should ban you, but I'll only edit your post. Consider this a warning.

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:54:38 AM by MSE_Karen »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 11:21:47 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you all for letting us know your concerns. Our data says there are a lot of experienced users playing, but as I said before, we understand your opinions and keep looking closely to the data while having your feedback in mind.

Now, B30, I don't know in which point did I say such a thing. Please refrain from mentioning me to lie and compromise my job. According to the forum rules, I should ban you, but I'll only edit your post. Consider this a warning.

Thank you :)

I would say by saying somthing like …

… We understand you are not satisfied at all but, …

… you admit that there must be something wrong with the game, or am I wrong?

Otherwise you would NOT understand why so many are not satisfied, because in your opinion, everything would be all right in the game then?
But you DO understand that there are many unsatisified, so something must be wrong then!?
Or am I completely wrong here?!?

lokoangel48

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 12:12:25 PM
Just carry em

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 06:30:23 PM

Don't know about that, yesterday pretty much all my daily reward games were with at least two rank 6 people, one of them was also with a rank 3 antagonist making one of the rank 6 players leave the match. My MMR was at 40% by the way, which made the mission difficulty go to 75% since the antagonist's MMR was at 20-something. So, yay, matchmaking.

Just carry em
Here.
The problem with being in teams with newbies is that they lower the difficulty of the mission and tend to waste lives often even in those lower difficulties, both greatly reduce the rewards.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 12:50:39 PM
if they are going to gouge out their own eyes to the problem of veteran leaving the game faster than people in an elevator with someone who just farted, then they are definitely unable to correct any of the real problem.

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 04:12:10 PM
Eh.

I pop in every so often.  I'll probably do a match this week.

However, if I wasn't motivated to grind before (Been here since the start and I'm only level 73),  why would I be motivated to grind now?

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 04:27:45 PM
if they are going to gouge out their own eyes to the problem of veteran leaving the game faster than people in an elevator with someone who just farted, then they are definitely unable to correct any of the real problem.
If I was running Mercury Steam I'd do the following:

1. All artists, animators, modelers and game designers I'd take out for a nice meal and night of beer.
2. All devs I'd take them to NASA, put them on a shuttle, name it the 'Starship Titanic', destroy the guidance system and send them into space. Who knows, they may crash land on The Broken Planet.
3. Employ new devs and tell them to read and implement what the gaming community is telling them.
4. Actually charge a one off fee to buy the game.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 05:58:31 PM
overestimating one's product and underestimating one's competition is a common mistake in business.  This blind-spot is the downfall of many good products. 

Placelord

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 07:21:03 PM
Well put. For a while the common reaction to criticism here and on the subreddit was, "don't like it, don't play it". But what people didn't seem to grasp is this is a "games as service" game competing in a saturated market.  A model driven by regular cash infusions from invested consumers. By commiting to this "take it or leave it" roadmap strategy they are condemning the venture to fail.

Cazic-Thule

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 11:53:08 PM
I quit playing months ago despite absolutely loving the game when I first picked it and being passionate about the potential it had to be something truly incredible. Why did I quit? Super easy to answer. The playerbase had been almost entirely in unison telling the devs exactly how to fix and improve the game to polish it into the gem we all (at the time) knew it could be. The devs instead literally never once listened and instead pandered to the demands of the game's most toxic minority that made up some 5% of the population at best. Then once the playerbase started to nosedive as a result of them seemingly intentionally spitting in the face of their fans they went into cash squeeze mode and since then every update has been designed to create new paywalls and get the few people left to spend more and more money just to have the hope of enjoying the game. I genuinely think MSE knows this game is doomed already and behind the scenes is just trying to figure out how to milk any money they still can from it before it completely shuts down.

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 11:59:39 PM
I quit playing months ago despite absolutely loving the game when I first picked it and being passionate about the potential it had to be something truly incredible. Why did I quit? Super easy to answer. The playerbase had been almost entirely in unison telling the devs exactly how to fix and improve the game to polish it into the gem we all (at the time) knew it could be. The devs instead literally never once listened and instead pandered to the demands of the game's most toxic minority that made up some 5% of the population at best. Then once the playerbase started to nosedive as a result of them seemingly intentionally spitting in the face of their fans they went into cash squeeze mode and since then every update has been designed to create new paywalls and get the few people left to spend more and more money just to have the hope of enjoying the game. I genuinely think MSE knows this game is doomed already and behind the scenes is just trying to figure out how to milk any money they still can from it before it completely shuts down.

Yep. And that 5% is still burying their heads in the sand

"It's all great! What are you talking about!" is what they tell themselves It's adorable and precious...but sad.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 17, 2019, 01:27:36 AM
Yes. Within gaming forums there is a wealth of experienced gamers. I'm not talking of 20 something gamers who've been playing for ten years, but people who have been playing for 40+! These people know games, not some young developer with a computing degree. But there is sadly arrogance and they think they know best. EA is suffering for it with Bioware, the creators of two of the best franchises in gaming now sinking to the bottom of the sea. Mass Effect Andromeda flopped. Dragon Age Inquisition also. And EA's Anthem is dead. They never listened to their players.
I nearly have a platinum on Spacelords and once I get it, hasta la vista. No need to move past lvl 158 as there are no more armour, resistance and brute strength gains. I'll have all characters and weapons. Sure they can add more storylines but I can't advance as a player. No interest really after that.
Could you imagine playing DC Universe, Neverwinter, Guild Wars or any other MMO, getting to level 30 and that was it? No super gear, extra skills, super excellent gear etc? This is what Spacelords is - an effective player advancement cap at lvl 158.

Righteous Flame

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 03:01:19 AM
Dragon Age Inquisition also.

I know this is off-topic but Inquisition did not flop.  In fact, according to third-party sources (IE, not EA), after including digital sales, Inquisition is supposed to be the best-selling title that Bioware has ever produced.

I know everybody hates EA but credit where credit is due.