Author Topic: Where are the experienced players?  (Read 12013 times)

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Where are the experienced players?
on: July 14, 2019, 03:02:35 AM
Yesterday and today I'm always getting grouped with unranked, rank 6 people, my MMR is almost 40% now, I should at least get rank 2 or 1 players, no?
The problem with being in teams with newbies is that they lower the difficulty of the mission and tend to waste lives often even in those lower difficulties, both greatly reduce the rewards.
So, does this game even have high rank players anymore?

Alex2199

• View Profile
Re: Where are the experienced players?
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 04:10:09 AM
Most have either quit the game entirely or are waiting for Sooma or another major change. Some hate playing games with new players and wait for their friends like I.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 05:01:59 AM
I just stop playing long ago.

Just watching patches and updates come and go, full of trash, nothing to make me return to the game, nothing that fix the same old problems... just adding more and more problems.

They just give some candy to players to keep them interested for some weeks until other patch comes and ruin something.

The next candy will be sooma, that way everyone will forget about the last patch, but weeks ahead they will remember, stop playing and then some other candy will be delivered.

By the way, the next candy (Sooma) is not enough to make me return, afther all now the game wont let you grind, just 3 or 4 matches until you are out of juice? and dont make me start with the new blueprint system... good luck trying to equip sooma...

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:57:31 AM
When they decided to totally run it aground and turned it into this current shitshow, I stopped playing.

Hi guys,

As MSE_Ojuel commented, we made some changes yesterday. We understand you are not satisfied at all but, please, remember to respect each other or we'll have to take action.

We also said we'll keep monitoring the results after this patch, so please be patient.

Thank you.

Ha, I think I was patient enough with this title. Enough is enough!

I will most likely never play it again, as I doubt that all the nonsense that has been changed and/ or integrated in recent weeks will be removed again. And Sööma will not change my mind either.

I mean, come on, an update called Prizes Galore, that promises you many prizes, but at the end of the day does exactly the opposite.

RIP Spacelords

PS.
OK, to speed up your monitoring MSE_Karen, here's a little help:
• 3-5 daily blueprints/duplicates, before the update
• 1 daily blueprint/duplicate, after the update
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:54:08 AM by MSE_Karen »

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 10:10:34 AM
Personally, it depends on the stage. I almost always get newbies at "In Shock" & "A Breathe of Hope" (two stages I frequent quite a bit). But the 3rd & 4th stages of each campaign has a bit more varying of ranks from my experience.

Urgehal

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:45:12 AM
I just stop playing long ago.

Just watching patches and updates come and go, full of trash, nothing to make me return to the game, nothing that fix the same old problems... just adding more and more problems.

They just give some candy to players to keep them interested for some weeks until other patch comes and ruin something.

Despite the dumb changes, the game is still fun as hell for me. I just feel super bummed for the newbies and folks at mid game. So absurd the update is called "prizes galore", but folks get anything but...
Good going MSE...a few months down the line, it's only just gonna be me and Angeles playing this game lol if you don't get your s*** together. Love yall and still pumped for Sooma, but the latest update shows once again that yall REALLY lack perspective...

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 11:33:31 AM
Despite the dumb changes, the game is still fun as hell for me. I just feel super bummed for the newbies and folks at mid game. So absurd the update is called "prizes galore", but folks get anything but...
Good going MSE...a few months down the line, it's only just gonna be me and Angeles playing this game lol if you don't get your s*** together. Love yall and still pumped for Sooma, but the latest update shows once again that yall REALLY lack perspective...

If you like the game you should keep playing it, i mean it, i don't want this game to die, but i just see how the average players keep decreasing, and then a candy drops (Promising update, Sooma or some patch) and the population goes from 120+/-  to 250+/-, then everyone realizes is anoter failure and population drops again to  120+/- or less...

Peak players are less than 150 with "88" 24 hour peak on steam, and yes i know there are console players too but we dont know numbers and assuming they are not dumb maybe the numbers are similar...(And now comes a developer to say there are a lot more players on console but don't say any number)

So tell me what game survive too long with a 400 +/- playerbase?

Anyway, numbers gonna go up again with the new bait (Sooma) and then drop again, as always since months, its the routine... and maybe some players stay... i hope...

I visit the forum EVERY DAY, even if i dont play anymore from months ago, i still have some faith but its hard to believe....

SergeyKosinskiy

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 12:54:30 PM
No idea, i always play with tier 1. oh wait, i que with friends XD
And steam is lowest playerbase for this game. if you do quick game, you will get 3 console players most of the time. Last time devs said steam is only 5% of playerbase.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 01:26:46 PM
The main reason I don't play as much these days is cause I've seen and done everything already, and I have just about every thing. So when I log in I don't come in necessarily for any rewards but instead the game play.

Typically, I look at all the missions and think "Which ones do I feel like playing" which I've realized I rotate the same ones each time usually in this order:
A Low Blow
Hanging by a Thread
A Weapon from the Past
A Breath of Hope
No Reservation
A Fistful of Sand
That's only 6 out of the 17 missions that I like and often avoid the others just cause they either take too long or I get no satisfaction/enjoyment from playing them. On top of that I only choose the same few Raiders for any given mission because I either don't like or haven't gotten accustom to there play style.
Usually play in this descending order:
Konstantin
Valeria
Lycus Dion
Hans
Schneider
Loath
Kuzmann
Mikah
I never get to play as a Local as much as I want to cause I usually see the lower level players all choosing them instantly leaving me to carry the team in some way which is fine but I miss playing as them. I want had two Low level people quite on A fistful of Sand (Protector) leaving me Mikah with my Barrier and a new player Shae playing like shes Lycus Dion. We got the protector halfway on the second have before things got ridiculous and I just called it at that point.

Anyway point being, I love the game and will again (At some point) play the same mission with the same few characters because the game at its Core (No prizes or and sometimes Antags) is still fun and thats why I come back outside of new updates.

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 03:32:26 PM
The main reason I rarely play this game anymore is because of antags. Everytime I turn the ps4 on I think to myself "do I really want to give these assholes the satisfaction?". 99% of the time it ends with a no, so I either play something else or just turn off the ps4. These recent patches that added sudden death, aleph drops and new reward system that completely fucked the game are just the icing on the cake.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 03:58:55 PM
The main reason I rarely play this game anymore is because of antags. Everytime I turn the ps4 on I think to myself "do I really want to give these assholes the satisfaction?". 99% of the time it ends with a no, so I either play something else or just turn off the ps4. These recent patches that added sudden death, aleph drops and new reward system that completely fucked the game are just the icing on the cake.
I have my own guild but the players in it are too low and the other high player is on sporadically, so I have to 'wing it' with an open search. For some reason, even though I'm 40+ MMR, I always, in raider matches get teamed up with level 6's and no level players. And exactly the opposite if I play Antagonist. You are right though. When I'm playing for the pot and most likely a BP inside I pray for no Antagonist, especially when I see my team, who most of the time run around like headless chickens.

The new Aleph system is awful. Why can't they just GIVE YOU the aleph on an enemy kill? Is that really too hard to ask? If there's anything that makes me instantly quit a game, it's team mates who hang around you and steal Aleph from your kills. When it does drop you're wondering where the hell it is and end up running around for a second or so to actually locate it. And as someone else stated, now you get aleph from shooting enemies, which disappears within a couple of seconds, so there's no way to get it in time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:33:56 PM by MSE_Karen »

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 04:24:24 PM
I really don't mind playing with new players. as long as they know what they are doing and don't get in the way I'm cool with leading a group of tier 6 players. however i will express my dissapointment in the aleph drop system. i do like you can drop one or 2 for team mates but it's also gotten me killed or down alot. enemies shoot these things causing an explosion that damages me. Leaving me open for  enemy fire/elites to inta kill me/antagonists. it's a poorly executed idea and needs some revision mercury devs.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 04:44:19 PM
I really don't mind playing with new players. as long as they know what they are doing....
Very, very rarely do I meet a rank 6 player who knows what they're doing, let alone an unranked player. For example, Harecs, Shaes, Doldrens and Iunes who seem to want to run around meleeing everything they can see seems to be the curse of low ranked players. It's like playing a game of Warhammer - "Yay, I'm a super, powerful magic user and I'm going to run head first into that band of black orcs with my trusty staff and robe armour!"

MeleeMaster

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 04:51:58 PM
Good going MSE...a few months down the line, it's only just gonna be me and Angeles playing this game lol if you don't get your s*** together.
Don't count me out just yet. I still have 7 achivements to get on Steam so I'm not leaving anytime soon.

I never get to play as a Local as much as I want to cause I usually see the lower level players all choosing them instantly leaving me to carry the team in some way which is fine but I miss playing as them.
You should stop carrying newbies and play whoever you want, since you don't care about rewards, the losses should not impact you.

The new Aleph system is awful. Why can't they just GIVE YOU the aleph on an enemy kill? Is that really too hard to ask? If there's anything that makes me instantly quit a game, it's team mates who hang around you and steal Aleph from your kills. When it does drop you're wondering where the hell it is and end up running around for a second or so to actually locate it.
Right? Some people wait around you and steal the Aleph while you're unable to move due to the finish animation, and sometimes the Aleph drops behind you. What the hell?

I really don't mind playing with new players. as long as they know what they are doing and don't get in the way I'm cool with leading a group of tier 6 players. however i will express my dissapointment in the aleph drop system. i do like you can drop one or 2 for team mates but it's also gotten me killed or down alot. enemies shoot these things causing an explosion that damages me. Leaving me open for  enemy fire/elites to inta kill me/antagonists. it's a poorly executed idea and needs some revision mercury devs.
It would be wonderful if all of them knew the routine of the mission, but sometimes they get grouped in stages they haven't unlocked yet, or lack the decision making that comes with experience, for example, when to engage in melee combat, shoot from a distance, or just run for cover. There's also the difficulty, I don't mind playing with newbies outside the daily rewards, since the MMR will not impact in 1750 rewards, but when the accumulated gold is between 7k or 15k, you want to get your score as high as you can.
Also, don't drop Aleph in the enemies' line of fire. lol You're asking to be blown.

Cyber_hunter026

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 03:27:33 AM
Good going MSE...a few months down the line, it's only just gonna be me and Angeles playing this game lol if you don't get your s*** together.
Don't count me out just yet. I still have 7 achivements to get on Steam so I'm not leaving anytime soon.

I never get to play as a Local as much as I want to cause I usually see the lower level players all choosing them instantly leaving me to carry the team in some way which is fine but I miss playing as them.
You should stop carrying newbies and play whoever you want, since you don't care about rewards, the losses should not impact you.

The new Aleph system is awful. Why can't they just GIVE YOU the aleph on an enemy kill? Is that really too hard to ask? If there's anything that makes me instantly quit a game, it's team mates who hang around you and steal Aleph from your kills. When it does drop you're wondering where the hell it is and end up running around for a second or so to actually locate it.
Right? Some people wait around you and steal the Aleph while you're unable to move due to the finish animation, and sometimes the Aleph drops behind you. What the hell?

It would be wonderful if all of them knew the routine of the mission, but sometimes they get grouped in stages they haven't unlocked yet, or lack the decision making that comes with experience, for example, when to engage in melee combat, shoot from a distance, or just run for cover. There's also the difficulty, I don't mind playing with newbies outside the daily rewards, since the MMR will not impact in 1750 rewards, but when the accumulated gold is between 7k or 15k, you want to get your score as high as you can.
Also, don't drop Aleph in the enemies' line of fire. lol You're asking to be blown.

Yeah you misunderstood what i said.  i don't drop aleph in the line of enemy fire. what happens is, another player is killed right next to me and before i can dodge in time before the explosion. it's too late,  keep in mind that I'm already distracted by group of wardogs heading towards me,  and a elite shooting at me.  Then all of the sudden "boom!" I'm down to zero and i hear "all the prey are down! roll them war dogs!" lol it's insanity but oh well.