Author Topic: Fix the matchmaking!  (Read 3217 times)

Sadsloth

• View Profile
Fix the matchmaking!
on: July 18, 2019, 02:02:14 PM
I dont understand how the matchmaking is so bad. I just dont get it. Today literally 5 minutes ago i was playing a match with rank 6 players and of course an antag invaded and of course he/she was tier 1 rank 1 player with hive and using plague. And of course there was nothing we could do. One player already left a game so there was only three of us. And of course rank 6 players couldn't do anything and they didnt even try to do anything so we lost the match and i lost 7k gold.....7k GOLD!!!!! Its so FRICKING ANNOYING to lose thata much gold because someone doesn't know how to play the game. It just push people away from the game when matchmaking is garbage.
I just hope that MSE would fix the matchmaking. Imo its the biggest problem atm in the game and  yes i know player base is small but still🙄
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:00:59 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

pululon

• View Profile
Re: FIX THE MATCHMAKING!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 03:30:24 PM
I don't think that is broken, yesterday I was friendly antaging and I was matched against a squad full rank 6 after almost an hour of que, 3 of them leave, and the last one was a very great baby Harec hero (with some help when he was dying XD)... I think that the system tries hard to find a good match, but at the end just throw you against what is available

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 04:33:34 PM
The matcmaking is awful because the pool of players is low. Instead of making you wait for people of the same skill they just match you with anyone. The MMR coding would work well if the servers were full of players, but they're not. MMR is a waste of time. They know the player pool is low. Sure there are more people on console, but Steam puts the figure around 33.

MSE have constantly been told that changes to the game, through their updates are destroying it. They're not really listening. Anyone with the slightest modicum of common sense knows that if you drastically reduce gold, faction point, XP and blueprint awards you'll lose players. What did MSE do? You guessed it, they did just that.

ScimitarSlice

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 06:14:49 PM
this is like a pyramid scheme.  it's not meant to last. 

Cazic-Thule

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 01:17:28 AM
This game has been in blatant cash grab mode for a while now. The devs can see the data and know the lifespan of Spacelords is quickly running out so their only concern is creating more paywalls for the people still playing so they can at least make a quick buck before it shuts down. It genuinely amazes me at this point when I see anybody defend Spacelordd or MSE at this point. How short sighted do you have to be to be incapable of seeing where this game is going at this point?